Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Caramel, Cream, Butter, Vanilla, Cake, Maple, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don't even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there's something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess... this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing... yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just having an off day....” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1678 tasting notes
  • “Latte style while catching up on some TV. The more I have this the less impressed I am. It gets a skin on top (maybe this is also from the milk, but still - ew), and it just doesn't give me...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Absolutely love this tea! It’s not as overpoweringly sweet as I find a lot of the David’s ‘cake’ teas can be, but still tastes pleasantly like a red velvet cake!

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

This is really sweet on its own, I am glad I didn’t add any more sweetener, though my next cup will probably involve a dash of milk. It actually does taste like cake. It is very yummy, though not my most favorite ever. I normally prefer to trick myself into drinking teas like this after dinner for “dessert”, but the caffeine of this prevents me from doing that.

Been drinking bagged tea for years, but turned to loose leaf lately, mostly being a sucker for David’s Tea cute tea cups and accessories — I’m weak!!

So, in wanting to try a large sampling of teas without shelling out for 50g bags, I bought the Easter Tea Hunt sampler pack from the web specials section — score!!

Finally got around to trying Red Velvet Cake, but not sure how to describe the flavour of this tea. I was expecting it to taste like a warm inviting chocolate pillow of deliciousness, but it was more of a muted muddy concoction…and I was really turned off by the greasy red-coloured ring at top of my cup. Definitely not a favourite…

This tea smelled pretty cake-y. But when I went to actually drink it it tasted kinda like Tealux’s Cream Irish Breakfast tea. It’s kinda battery I suppose. Not at all what I expected. I’ve tried other company’s red velvet teas, and they’re usually really chocolatey or sweet. But this just tastes kinda batter-y? Well it’s not terrible. It’s just…interesting. XD Probably won’t buy anymore of it-but was nice to try!