Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Cream, Maple, Sweet, Tannic, Cake, Caramel, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Frosting, Creamy, Butter, Sugar, Tea
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1359 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3051 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

I received this tea as a gift from my cousin about three years ago. At the the time I really didn’t like any tea besides Lipton green tea and it sat on the shelf up until about a month ago. The first time I brewed a cup of it I nearly gagged. It was watery and had an oily film on the top and vaguely tasted of old chocolate (which admittedly, the chocolate is quite old since I left it so long). I tried it again today and was pleasantly surprised. I brewed it a little longer this time and added a bit more tea.

Overall it was quite pleasant, but because the tea is so old (I don’t recommend leaving tea in a cupboard for three years) it has definitely lost some of its flavour. I think once the rest of it is gone I’ll get some more to give it another go.

I love this tea. It’s sweet, satisfying, and cakey tasting but not too cakey. It is still distinctly a black tea. There’s kind of a pleasant vegetable note on the palate that comes from the beetroot. You can overdo it though, I had 4 cups at once one time and got very sick of it and couldn’t touch it for a few months. That’s ok though… we’re back on good terms and I happily partake in it from time to time. It’s nice on a winter morning. Give the leaves a little stir while they are steeping to make sure the white chocolate bits dissolve.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Maple, Sweet, Tannic

Happy New Year everyone! I am ringing in the new year with me, myself and a pot of tea. 2015 overall wasn’t a bad year, in fact, it was probably the best year I have had in quite awhile. I don’t want to jinx it for 2016 though, I have a lot of hope in terms of business (my freelance work and maybe something tea related too) and school (always aiming to get better grades, going back to school in 2014 was exciting but immediately I realized I had forgotten how to learn and so began a very long process of figuring out the best ways for me to interpret and absorb material). I don’t have anything planned related to travelling, I know a few years ago I had hoped I would be on my way to Africaburn in 2016, or at least returning to Burning Man, but I am not ready for that yet.

This tea…is very sweet. It smells like a lovely vanilla cake with caramel hints. It tastes about the same, but does have a bit of a darker taste to it. Overall I enjoy it enough to keep it in the stash at all times.

Flavors: Cake, Caramel, Vanilla

More like buttercream icing chocolate pound cake than red velvet, but that’s ok with me. Sweet, chocolate-y, vannilla-licious. It does a good job bringing cake to mind, just not the intended variety. I liked it a lot, but the sprinkles do leave an unappealing red waxy goo around the top of the cup, which I wiped off with a paper towel prior to tea consumption.

Flavors: Cake, Chocolate, Vanilla, White Chocolate