Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Chocolate, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Sweet, Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

Huh? This was another tea I was sure I’d like but definitely didn’t. I’ve had a couple of other Red Velvet teas by now and usually like them. This did not taste like red velvet at all. In fact, I felt like I could actually taste the beet root that is part of this blend MORE than the chocolate or vanilla flavors you’re supposed to get with red velvet. I did taste the chocolate behind that, but the vanilla was nonexistent. I have a little more of this to try again with. Perhaps I steeped it too long? I actually took the basket out of the cup at the lower end of the recommended steep time range. Hmm…..

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! I love this tea! It’s sweet, its delicious, and it came in a cute heart shape tin. What’s there not to love?

Flavors: Cake, Cake, Chocolate, Chocolate

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

It’s definitely a tasty treat!

Mmm, now this tea is a treat! My favorite aspect of this tea is the buttery flavor that comes through! A very good tea I enjoyed it a lot, thanks to meganxpink again for sharing.

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Maple

Megan

WOW! This long awaited review really makes me excited to try Red Velvet Cake for myself :)

From the Overboard TTB!

Another enjoyable dessert tea from David’s. Somewhat similar to some of their others but definitely distinctively red velvet. I agree that it is sweet but since I like sweet dessert teas, it works for me.

TeaBrat

How much tea is in that box now? I wanna see some pics :)