Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Chocolate, Frosting, Creamy, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Sweet, Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

I find that with non-dairy milk this tea really does taste cake-like. It’s not as chocolaty as I’d like, but it is quite sweet. I enjoy it as a latte (both hot and iced). While this doesn’t quite make my list of go-to flavored black teas from DT, I do enjoy it on occasion. I find that the black tea base is a bit too weak for many of DT’s flavored black teas. It’s one that I’ll likely repurchase to have on hand when I’m craving cake, but it’s not one that I’d reach for when I need a caffeine boost.

Flavors: Cake, Chocolate

I don’t understand why some people like it so much? I didn’t see something special in this, really.

I am not a huge fan of red velvet cake to begin with, but I was really interested to see what David’s cake teas tasted like. This one is pretty good – it’s definitely chocolatey, and definitely red velvety – they got the flavour pretty bang on, and it’s a rich tea. It seems to get more chocolatey with every sip. The flavour is bold, the aroma pretty much smells like what you get. I was really on the fence at the beginning – the beetroot kind of weirded me out – but it’s actually quite nice, and I can always appreciate a full-bodied flavour. I can’t stand watery teas that don’t pack a punch.

I’m planning on this being one of the teas I bring to work to stave off snacking on sugary crap, as I am slowly eliminating as much sugar as I can from my diet. I’d rather have a tea with 1g of sugar in it than a two-bite brownie with 14g of sugar in it!!! And since I haven’t been eating sugary stuff lately, the sugary teas from David’s seem even more dessert-like.

I am somewhat new to drinking tea – in the past, I have found that most tea has little flavor. I went to my local David’s Tea location for “sleepy time tea”, and walked away with this after smelling it from the tin – let me tell you, it smells SO GOOD. This tea is definitely a game changer for me, and has inspired me to try new ones ordered from David’s Tea. I tried it for the first time this morning and immediately fell in love. Granted, it is fairly sweet, which some may not enjoy. I find myself brewing it for closer to 7 minutes, and add a little bit of milk and sugar – simply divine :)

Flavors: Chocolate