Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Caramel, Chocolate, Sweet, Frosting, Creamy, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1245 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3028 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

Tea recommended for this book is Red Velvet Cake Tea by David’s Tea for it’s alluring tea notes, and both it’s complexity and simplicity. This tea will have you love it in allowing you to sit back and ponder a thing or two about this world.

Because of this, I recommend the book

1Q84 by Haruki Murakami.

This book seems to draw the love it or hate it crowd. People were either praising it heavily with all the worship of a reader that can give to an author or they were racing through it to finish, or not finishing it at all.

I am of the lovers of Murakami. I am already biased and into his style of writing before reading anything of his. I will always be a loyal reader and love his words. I cannot recommend him enough. If you are a fan, I will advise to start reading. If you are not a fan, take Murakami a little at a time. 1Q84 in English was printed as 1 book, while in Japan, it was in 3 books. Keep that in mind! I thought I would never finish but I did in which the red velvet cake is lovely for keeping me company through all the pages.

I’m not in love with this one, it’s too sweet in a way it taste almost moldy… I don’t really know how to describe it.

Flavors: Cake, Caramel, Chocolate, Sweet

I find that with non-dairy milk this tea really does taste cake-like. It’s not as chocolaty as I’d like, but it is quite sweet. I enjoy it as a latte (both hot and iced). While this doesn’t quite make my list of go-to flavored black teas from DT, I do enjoy it on occasion. I find that the black tea base is a bit too weak for many of DT’s flavored black teas. It’s one that I’ll likely repurchase to have on hand when I’m craving cake, but it’s not one that I’d reach for when I need a caffeine boost.

Flavors: Cake, Chocolate