Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Maple, Marshmallow, Molasses, Sweet, White Chocolate, Vanilla, Artificial, Cake, Tannic, Brown Sugar, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Toffee, Maple Syrup, Red Fruits, Frosting, Butter, Sugar, Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1497 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3134 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I remember this being one of my most favourite teas. Now the more I drink it, like I am now, the more the flavour just really to be put bluntly – sucks. I still have a full tin of this and I really hope my next cup won’t disappoint me as much as it is right now.

I’ve never been so disappointed about a tea before… I really don’t know what happened. Each cup I make, just becomes worse and worse. I still have a full tin of it too.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

I didnt really like this one the first time I tried it, I found that it had an after taste but after a while it seemed to grow on me. The smell is delicious…definetely a dessert tea!

Love this. So much that after I received my sample from darby (thank you!) I ran to DT and got my own bag. It’s delicious! Brings happy feelings similar to a warmed up chocolatey dessert. I don’t find this to be overly sweet or overly chocolatey. It’s delicious on a winter’s night!

I brought this out to keep awake and when the smell hit me I felt like I was in heaven. I wanted to devour this tea! I did not care! Even if I did not enjoy it! Sadly, that feeling faded.

After waiting for it to steep, my initial taste warranted nothing. I had no taste of sugar or cake or any type of dessert. It tasted like, well, hot water. Only after I added a dreaded cube of sugar – as honey was not on hand – did I finally taste a hint of sweetness. I was disheartened. I was excited to have a tasty tea that could keep me up but the lack of flavours makes this miss the cut.

It is not bad, not by the least but I wanted more and this did not deliver.

I love this tea. Though it doesn’t taste exactly like its name, it is fantastic.

This isn’t bad. It’s kinda reminiscent of red velvet cake. It probably doesn’t help when there are actual red velvet cupcakes in the house…

This ridiculously tasty sweet tea was made by sugar-dusted, giggling elves. Their shoes are always upturned. Their smiles are permanent upon their faces. It’s kind of creepy, actually.

Their glistening chocolate mansion is ensconced in a forest that’s magical in the worst possible way. There are centaurs out there with flaming bow-and-arrow sets. And Voldemort eating unicorns.

Your best bet is to stay in the moonlit tea-mixing factory, listening to Aqua CDs on repeat.

What I’m trying to say is, this is tasty.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream, Dark Chocolate, Maple, Marshmallow, Molasses, Sweet, White Chocolate

Glad you like it!

Evol Ving Ness

yeah, this one is a winner!

Came across this today and had to have it straight up and lightly steeped. Yum! Today, it tastes like DTs’ Birthday Cake on a black tea base.

It is what it is and sometimes that is just fine.

Flavors: Cream, Vanilla

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

For some reason I remember this tea being kinda “meh” but as I’m drinking it now, I think I was mistaken. It is a lot smoother and creamier than I thought it was. It tastes like a black tea with a strong aroma and flavour of creamy caramel. I don’t taste any bitterness in the black tea. You don’t need to add milk or sugar because of the chocolate chips. The second cup is not quite as nice because the chocolate has already melted, however it is still very tasty zero calorie dessert.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Caramel, Chocolate, Creamy, Milk, Toffee, White Chocolate

I really wanted to love this tea but I didn’t. I had it plain so one day I decided to try again and got a sweetened tea latte at DavidsTea with Red Velvet Cake and it was much better but still just ok for me.