Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Cake, Frosting, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Sweet, Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! I love this tea! It’s sweet, its delicious, and it came in a cute heart shape tin. What’s there not to love?

Flavors: Cake, Cake, Chocolate, Chocolate

200 °F / 93 °C
Chris Coppens

It’s definitely a tasty treat!

Mmm, now this tea is a treat! My favorite aspect of this tea is the buttery flavor that comes through! A very good tea I enjoyed it a lot, thanks to meganxpink again for sharing.

Flavors: Butter, Chocolate, Maple

Megan

WOW! This long awaited review really makes me excited to try Red Velvet Cake for myself :)

From the Overboard TTB!

Another enjoyable dessert tea from David’s. Somewhat similar to some of their others but definitely distinctively red velvet. I agree that it is sweet but since I like sweet dessert teas, it works for me.

TeaBrat

How much tea is in that box now? I wanna see some pics :)

I was really looking forward to this tea, but I’m a bit disappointed. A lot of t he reviewers say it’s sweet, but I just don’t taste it. It’s pretty bitter to me and I can barely taste the sweetness I was expecting.

Am I doing something wrong, fellow steepsters? Perhaps I steeped it too long? Or used too much tea?

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Because having the flu means sampling all the teas I just bought!

Smells like chocolate cake, very indulgent. The sprinkles are fun but probably unnecessary?

Brewed with boiling water for about 5 minutes in my new Adagio IngenuiTEA brewer.

Pretty good, I think I’ll brew it stronger next time to get more of the chocolatey flavor. Definitely needs sugar given the dessert like nature of the tea.

Flavors: Chocolate

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Sigh. I wanted to like you, really I did! You promised excitement and adventure, but it turned out that you have no personality. You’re weak and bland, and I just feel nothing for you. As tea goes, you don’t have a strong enough leaf to demonstrate any character, and as far as red velvet cake – I detect none of that sweetness. No chocolate, no cake, no creaminess. All I taste is a weak tea with some generically sweet artificial flavouring. So bummed.

Maybe I’ll try this tea again one day to find out if the stuff I got was just not a good representative, but I won’t pay for it unless it drastically changes my mind somehow.

Flavors: Sugar, Tea

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox Round #3 – Tea #9
This one actually does taste like red velvet cake, even if it uses some artificial to get there. But artificial and accurate is a good thing. It has a sweet syrupy flavor going on. The black tea itself is quite light though. The beets didn’t really make my cup redder than any black tea. The chocolate adds just a hint of chocolate, just like an actual red velvet. I like the flavor here, as it certainly fits the “cake tea” craving, probably more than most others I’ve tried.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 3-4min

Andy Hayes

Thanks for the honest review – I wouldn’t have tried this without your feedback first. :-)

This is really sweet on its own, I am glad I didn’t add any more sweetener, though my next cup will probably involve a dash of milk. It actually does taste like cake. It is very yummy, though not my most favorite ever. I normally prefer to trick myself into drinking teas like this after dinner for “dessert”, but the caffeine of this prevents me from doing that.

Been drinking bagged tea for years, but turned to loose leaf lately, mostly being a sucker for David’s Tea cute tea cups and accessories — I’m weak!!

So, in wanting to try a large sampling of teas without shelling out for 50g bags, I bought the Easter Tea Hunt sampler pack from the web specials section — score!!

Finally got around to trying Red Velvet Cake, but not sure how to describe the flavour of this tea. I was expecting it to taste like a warm inviting chocolate pillow of deliciousness, but it was more of a muted muddy concoction…and I was really turned off by the greasy red-coloured ring at top of my cup. Definitely not a favourite…

So, the first time I tried this it was a few months ago. It was a sample for one cup that Virginia gave me. Didn’t like it much then, but wanted to give it another shot.
So my thanks goes to Marzipan for this one!!
This one smells pretty much EXACTLY like Della Terra Teas’ Birthday Cupcake! So that made me even more eager.
And when I began drinking it it tasted a lot like Birthday Cupcake…until the chocolate flavor hit. I don’t know why…but I really don’t like the chocolate flavor in this tea. It was sweet and rich; almost the perfect dessert tea.
But then the chocolate flavor began taking over. I have no idea why I don’t like it. I usually like chocolate flavored teas…but I don’t know. Just doesn’t work for me this time I guess. Oh well. Glad to confirm my feelings of this tea!
Thank again, Marzipan! :D