Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Sugar, Tea, Chocolate, Caramel, Cream, Butter, Vanilla, Cake, Maple
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don't even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there's something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess... this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing... yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2352 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just having an off day....” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Latte style while catching up on some TV. The more I have this the less impressed I am. It gets a skin on top (maybe this is also from the milk, but still - ew), and it just doesn't give me...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 789 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I didn’t think it was possible to have a tea that tastes like red velvet cake, but this one is closer than I thought it would be. It tastes mostly like chocolate cake. It’s also really sweet from the sprinkles, balanced out by the bitterness of the black tea, it’s just perfect.

So yes, here we finally have a tea that lives up to its name. It’s very satisfying and different, which is why I love it!

This is my daily tea, literally my craving-curb go-to. It tastes exactly like red velvet cake, but in tea form. It. is. so. good.

This tea didn’t get truly cake-like for me until I added milk and sugar. Without milk, the texture was just a little thin and unfulfilling. And it definitely needed the added bit of creaminess to give it that real red velvet flavor. On its own it didn’t excite me, but it did smell pretty good. Since I’m mostly on the fence about chocolate teas, I’d give this one a pass if I had to pick one out.

This has got to be one of my favourites from David’s Tea. As an iced latte with soy milk it’s a great ice cream substitute without the calories.The sweetness mixed with chocolatey goodness is phenomenal. When I’ not sure what kind of tea I’m in the mood for, this is my go to tea. I purchase it 100g at a time and it runs out fast!

Smells divine, tastes delicious. I’m not a tea expert or anything, and I’ve just recently started drinking tea, but this one is so yummy I wish I’d been drinking it more!

If you don’t like teas that are sweet, this is not for you. If you like red velvet cake in a mug, that is what you will get. One of my absolute favourites.

yum! i love this tea. actually i’m addicted to this tea. it’s very creamy and sweet tasting, i don’t know how much chocolate i taste in it but smells very much like red velvet cake.

this tea is better with milk, i find most dessert teas are.

i love the sprinkles and little white chocolate chips in the tea, they’re just a fun little addition and make opening the tin fun when you see the bright colours mixed with the tea leaves.

I really like the smell of this tea, it’s so yum yum. But the flavour is a little weak for me.

This tea has really grown on me. It’s nice and rich without being overwhelming, and it does smell just like red velvet. I wish it could be a bit more chocolatey, but that’s just me being a sweet freak.

I am obsessed with this tea.