Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Chocolate, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Caramel, Sweet, Frosting, Creamy, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1245 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3028 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is the first non fruity tea that I have tried! It is already sweet enough that I don’t have to add any sweeteners to it! It is weird seeing the minor oily-ness in the water but I guess that’s because of the sprinkles? If you don’t want your tea maker to stain then I suggest just using a filter. It is definitely one of the best tea’s I’ve had and I’m glad I went a nonfruity route when I went to DT yesterday! Make sure that when you brew this tea you put a little more than 1.5 tsps since any less would make the tea weaker!

This tea is very satisfying to my taste. If you enjoy sweet, (like myself) you should enjoy the rich notes of white chocolate.

At first, I picked this up intending on just trying it, but now I believe I’m somewhat hooked. It’s very dessert-like and it might be my new craving kicker. Overall, I’d say DAVIDsTEA did a good job on this one. I will be back for more.

My Favourite! This tea smells and tastes so good. Everyone needs to try it!

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

One Tea away from a Red Velvet Sipdown :/

I didn’t think it was possible to have a tea that tastes like red velvet cake, but this one is closer than I thought it would be. It tastes mostly like chocolate cake. It’s also really sweet from the sprinkles, balanced out by the bitterness of the black tea, it’s just perfect.

So yes, here we finally have a tea that lives up to its name. It’s very satisfying and different, which is why I love it!

This is my daily tea, literally my craving-curb go-to. It tastes exactly like red velvet cake, but in tea form. It. is. so. good.

This tea didn’t get truly cake-like for me until I added milk and sugar. Without milk, the texture was just a little thin and unfulfilling. And it definitely needed the added bit of creaminess to give it that real red velvet flavor. On its own it didn’t excite me, but it did smell pretty good. Since I’m mostly on the fence about chocolate teas, I’d give this one a pass if I had to pick one out.

This has got to be one of my favourites from David’s Tea. As an iced latte with soy milk it’s a great ice cream substitute without the calories.The sweetness mixed with chocolatey goodness is phenomenal. When I’ not sure what kind of tea I’m in the mood for, this is my go to tea. I purchase it 100g at a time and it runs out fast!

I loved this when it first came out, but my liking of sweet tea flavours has decreased over the past few months. If I were to get this one again, it would be in a much smaller amount – no need for another tin. I usually add milk to this one, so it’s ncie and creamy, but often by the time I get to the end of my mug I’m almost feeling sickly. Not the sensation I want when drinking tea!