Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Sugar, Tea, Chocolate, Caramel, Cream, Butter, Vanilla, Cake, Maple
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don't even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there's something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 807 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess... this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing... yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2276 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just having an off day....” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “Latte style while catching up on some TV. The more I have this the less impressed I am. It gets a skin on top (maybe this is also from the milk, but still - ew), and it just doesn't give me...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This is a nice change-up for my standard English Breakfast tea. I love that it’s mild yet still gives off a warm sugary aroma. Add a bit of skim milk and some honey (major sweet tooth here) and it’s even yummier! It’s tough not to eat the little white chocolate chips straight out of the tin though.

I got an ounce of this on sale at davidstea. It smelled unreal! It is very sweet, and honestly smells like… a cupcake. bwahahaha. Anyway, it doesn’t taste hald bad either. A little sugary for my taste. There is also something a little weird though, there was a film on the top of the water. I think it might have been from the wax in the chocolate? Anyone else get this? The film made it a little unappetizing to look at it. but again… tasted fine just a little weird. Must try again to see if it happens again.

Gets rid of my chocolate cravings! Love it!

Picked this tea up in a sample bundle with one of each tea variety. First thought on opening this one is it smells great. I pre-heated the pot and steeped it in boiling water for about 6 minutes (I tend to use the long end of the suggested times). The resulting tea is a nice pale-reddish color. I added a bit of milk before tasting. Wow, this tea could become on of my favorites. There is a subtle baked goods sort of taste that really hangs around on the after-taste. I think the milk goes especially well here. Might have to steep another pot when this one finishes.

Side note: I’m watching Liverpool v. Swansea as I drink the tea so the red color is very fitting.

I love red velvet cake. It is by far my favourite of all cakes (especially with cream cheese icing, yum!). Needless to say, I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while given that it is fashioned on my favourite dessert.

It was… okay. I purchased 25g to see if I would like it, and I do. The black tea base is fairly weak, which is probably needed for the sugars to come through. At first, I really didn’t care for it, however, a splash of milk transforms it into a whole new tea. This would make a fantastic tea latte! I’m not sure how to describe it aside from black tea and sugar, but that’s what it is. You won’t need any added sweeteners with this bad boy.

EDIT: Actually, yeah, this makes the best latte ever. Rating upped significantly. Will own simply for this reason.

Yummy! Smells like cake, tastes like cake! thankfully I bought 100g of this tea!

Wonderful Erin brought to work a bag of Red Velvet Cake for me today. She is wonderful! And so is this tea! It smelt AMAZING. And the flavour payoff was reasonable, considering how crazy good it smelt. I will definitely need to purchase some of this asap. It is so so good. Imagining it as a latte.. yes please!

You know its a good tea when the only complaint is how dirty my steeper gets. Really, it gets dirty… Like a slimy residue on the steeper and mug. Anyway, the tea is super yummy. Warm and sweet. I can taste the chocolate and a sweet taste which almost taste like maple syrup. It is very good but I only recommend it if you like sweet tea. Not just sweet, ridiculosly very sweet tea.

200 °F / 93 °C

I’ve never actually had Red Velvet Cake or any Cake-flavoured tea, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect going in to this one.

The leaf has a very strong, sweet, cake smell. Once brewed, the smell is still there, though not quite as strong, and the colour is a dark red. It tastes absolutely delicious – rich, sweet, and absolutely fantastic with a bit of milk, but go easy on additional sugar or honey.

Definitely once I’ll be keeping around!

This tea was tasty but I got a strong sugar-induced headache from it, which I haven’t experienced from other loose teas with chocolate or sweet ingredients in them. I gave it away to a co-worker.