Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Chocolate, Caramel, Cream, Butter, Vanilla, Cake, Maple, Sugar
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don't even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there's something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess... this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing... yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2245 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just having an off day....” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1681 tasting notes
  • “Latte style while catching up on some TV. The more I have this the less impressed I am. It gets a skin on top (maybe this is also from the milk, but still - ew), and it just doesn't give me...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Initial impressions- Let me just start off by saying that this is the BEST smelling tea EVER. It smells like a fresh slice of cake. Absolutely fantastic. That and it LOOKS festive, with the chocolate bits and sprinkles.
How I brewed it- 1.5 tsp of tea in one cup of tea at 94 degrees for ten minutes (steeped a bit long so we’ll see…), no sweetener.
First sips- Rich, chocolatey, and sweet this tea is amazing. A new favourite! Wonderful dessert tea!
Would be great brightened up with a touch of agave nectar.
Would be amazing as a tea latte.

I bought this tea a few days after it came out and after my first cup I thought that I would end up getting sick of it.. But I haven’t yet and I’ve gone through two tins! Some say the flavour is overwhelming maybe I don’t find it too overwhelming because I am such a huge fan of the dessert teas :)

I’ll admit… when this was previewed in the fall, I was hesitant because out of their cake teas, the only one I felt Davids really got right was ‘ice cream cake’. I thought that this would have that sickeningly sweet taste that the birthday cake had, or the weakness that the chocolate cake one had (because red velvet is chocolatey as well). I didn’t pick it up before Christmas, but I got a little bit recently. I am pleasantly suprised. There is no stevia in it, so there is no sickening, sweetness to it. The beetroot makes it steep up a wonderful red colour. The different chocolates work to compliment one another, and they are strong enough for me… which says a lot.. because I generally have to oversteep a lot of teas to get it to my preference. Unlike their other chocolate teas this one stands well, and will definitely become a go-to treat on my tea shelf.

Delightful, tastes like it should.

I ordered this on a whim as part of my first David’s Tea order. I don’t care much for the dessert nor have I ever had a chocolate tea that I’ve liked, but I’ve heard such good things about David’s dessert teas that it sounded fun to try. And I LOVE IT! It really is satisfying in lieu of dessert. Subtly sweet & creamy and great flavor, I will probably order another bag and try some more of David’s dessert teas.

The scent of this tea is just DIVINE. It smells JUST like red velvet cake! (Even the cream cheese scent!) This is one of my favourites, and is best served as a dessert for me, especially with a touch of milk and sugar – it’s decadent and rich served that way. I have not yet tasted it cold, but hot is amazing.