Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Chocolate, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Sweet, Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Picked this tea up in a sample bundle with one of each tea variety. First thought on opening this one is it smells great. I pre-heated the pot and steeped it in boiling water for about 6 minutes (I tend to use the long end of the suggested times). The resulting tea is a nice pale-reddish color. I added a bit of milk before tasting. Wow, this tea could become on of my favorites. There is a subtle baked goods sort of taste that really hangs around on the after-taste. I think the milk goes especially well here. Might have to steep another pot when this one finishes.

Side note: I’m watching Liverpool v. Swansea as I drink the tea so the red color is very fitting.

I love red velvet cake. It is by far my favourite of all cakes (especially with cream cheese icing, yum!). Needless to say, I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while given that it is fashioned on my favourite dessert.

It was… okay. I purchased 25g to see if I would like it, and I do. The black tea base is fairly weak, which is probably needed for the sugars to come through. At first, I really didn’t care for it, however, a splash of milk transforms it into a whole new tea. This would make a fantastic tea latte! I’m not sure how to describe it aside from black tea and sugar, but that’s what it is. You won’t need any added sweeteners with this bad boy.

EDIT: Actually, yeah, this makes the best latte ever. Rating upped significantly. Will own simply for this reason.

Yummy! Smells like cake, tastes like cake! thankfully I bought 100g of this tea!

Wonderful Erin brought to work a bag of Red Velvet Cake for me today. She is wonderful! And so is this tea! It smelt AMAZING. And the flavour payoff was reasonable, considering how crazy good it smelt. I will definitely need to purchase some of this asap. It is so so good. Imagining it as a latte.. yes please!

You know its a good tea when the only complaint is how dirty my steeper gets. Really, it gets dirty… Like a slimy residue on the steeper and mug. Anyway, the tea is super yummy. Warm and sweet. I can taste the chocolate and a sweet taste which almost taste like maple syrup. It is very good but I only recommend it if you like sweet tea. Not just sweet, ridiculosly very sweet tea.

200 °F / 93 °C

I’ve never actually had Red Velvet Cake or any Cake-flavoured tea, so I wasn’t quite sure what to expect going in to this one.

The leaf has a very strong, sweet, cake smell. Once brewed, the smell is still there, though not quite as strong, and the colour is a dark red. It tastes absolutely delicious – rich, sweet, and absolutely fantastic with a bit of milk, but go easy on additional sugar or honey.

Definitely once I’ll be keeping around!

This tea was tasty but I got a strong sugar-induced headache from it, which I haven’t experienced from other loose teas with chocolate or sweet ingredients in them. I gave it away to a co-worker.

Very smooth, doesn’t really need any added sugar. Definitely taste a bit of maple syrup. Sweet without being cloying or having that headache-inducing fake cake flavour. Excellent balancing act and probably my favourite one from David’s of the six or so that I’ve tasted. Let it sit and the dust from the red sprinkles rises to the top and form a bit of a film…which was kind of weird but not a big deal.

Initial impressions- Let me just start off by saying that this is the BEST smelling tea EVER. It smells like a fresh slice of cake. Absolutely fantastic. That and it LOOKS festive, with the chocolate bits and sprinkles.
How I brewed it- 1.5 tsp of tea in one cup of tea at 94 degrees for ten minutes (steeped a bit long so we’ll see…), no sweetener.
First sips- Rich, chocolatey, and sweet this tea is amazing. A new favourite! Wonderful dessert tea!
Would be great brightened up with a touch of agave nectar.
Would be amazing as a tea latte.

I bought this tea a few days after it came out and after my first cup I thought that I would end up getting sick of it.. But I haven’t yet and I’ve gone through two tins! Some say the flavour is overwhelming maybe I don’t find it too overwhelming because I am such a huge fan of the dessert teas :)