Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Cake, Chocolate, Vanilla, White Chocolate, Caramel, Sweet, Frosting, Creamy, Butter, Maple, Sugar, Tea, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don’t even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there’s something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1250 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess… this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing… yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don’t enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I’m just having an...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “Well. Keep this in your cupboard for too long and it turns quite disappointing. Too thin and watery (even when following parameters. Even when you add milk) and there’s a really cloying...” Read full tasting note
    joonsusanna 863 tasting notes

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Smells divine, tastes delicious. I’m not a tea expert or anything, and I’ve just recently started drinking tea, but this one is so yummy I wish I’d been drinking it more!

If you don’t like teas that are sweet, this is not for you. If you like red velvet cake in a mug, that is what you will get. One of my absolute favourites.

I really like the smell of this tea, it’s so yum yum. But the flavour is a little weak for me.

This tea has really grown on me. It’s nice and rich without being overwhelming, and it does smell just like red velvet. I wish it could be a bit more chocolatey, but that’s just me being a sweet freak.

I am obsessed with this tea.

This is a nice change-up for my standard English Breakfast tea. I love that it’s mild yet still gives off a warm sugary aroma. Add a bit of skim milk and some honey (major sweet tooth here) and it’s even yummier! It’s tough not to eat the little white chocolate chips straight out of the tin though.

I got an ounce of this on sale at davidstea. It smelled unreal! It is very sweet, and honestly smells like… a cupcake. bwahahaha. Anyway, it doesn’t taste hald bad either. A little sugary for my taste. There is also something a little weird though, there was a film on the top of the water. I think it might have been from the wax in the chocolate? Anyone else get this? The film made it a little unappetizing to look at it. but again… tasted fine just a little weird. Must try again to see if it happens again.

Gets rid of my chocolate cravings! Love it!

Picked this tea up in a sample bundle with one of each tea variety. First thought on opening this one is it smells great. I pre-heated the pot and steeped it in boiling water for about 6 minutes (I tend to use the long end of the suggested times). The resulting tea is a nice pale-reddish color. I added a bit of milk before tasting. Wow, this tea could become on of my favorites. There is a subtle baked goods sort of taste that really hangs around on the after-taste. I think the milk goes especially well here. Might have to steep another pot when this one finishes.

Side note: I’m watching Liverpool v. Swansea as I drink the tea so the red color is very fitting.

I love red velvet cake. It is by far my favourite of all cakes (especially with cream cheese icing, yum!). Needless to say, I’ve been wanting to try this tea for a while given that it is fashioned on my favourite dessert.

It was… okay. I purchased 25g to see if I would like it, and I do. The black tea base is fairly weak, which is probably needed for the sugars to come through. At first, I really didn’t care for it, however, a splash of milk transforms it into a whole new tea. This would make a fantastic tea latte! I’m not sure how to describe it aside from black tea and sugar, but that’s what it is. You won’t need any added sweeteners with this bad boy.

EDIT: Actually, yeah, this makes the best latte ever. Rating upped significantly. Will own simply for this reason.