Red Velvet Cake

Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root Pieces, Black Tea, Chocolate Bits, Natural Flavours, Sprinkles, White Chocolate
Sugar, Tea, Chocolate, Caramel, Cream, Butter, Vanilla, Cake, Maple
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Skysamurai

• “Whoops! Looks like someone caved and got the special edition tin. I don't even care for chocolate/Red Velvet cake, but there's something about Red Velvet-flavoured or -scented stuff that draws me...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 777 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown! Ok, I confess... this tea has grown on me and now I really like it, hahahahaha. I thought it would be a great candidate for a sipdown while thesis-writing... yum, I was right. The...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I thought I was going to love you forever. What happened, Red Velvet Cake? Maybe I have less of a sweet tooth now so I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. Or maybe I'm just having an off day....” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1696 tasting notes
  • “Latte style while catching up on some TV. The more I have this the less impressed I am. It gets a skin on top (maybe this is also from the milk, but still - ew), and it just doesn't give me...” Read full tasting note
    kellyhinton 779 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Just dessert

What’s not to love about a red velvet cake? It’s chocolaty, it’s rich, and it’s bright red. We’re the first to admit it’s a pretty flashy dessert. If other cakes are birds of a feather, the red velvet is the peacock – which is exactly why we love it so much. And this sweet, lightly creamy black tea blend perfectly captures our favourite dessert. With semi-sweet and white chocolate chips, beetroot powder and little red sprinkles, it’s rich, delicious and a whole lot of fun.

Ingredients: Black tea, semi-sweet chocolate bits, white chocolate bits, beetroot powder, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Cavocorax was so nice to send a package of samples and this is the first tea that I’m trying. I’ve been wanting to try this one for awhile, and just the smell of the dry leaves alone is living up to my expectations; very sweet and sugary like icing. There are cute little black and white chocolate chips and red and white sprinkles mixed in with the dry leaves. There’s just something about sprinkles that always makes me smile! The flavor is overwhelmingly sweet with a nice chocolatey finish. Adding just a touch of milk makes a very creamy and smooth cup. I’m loving this tea this morning and will be adding it to my shopping list. Thanks, Cavocorax!

-Dry blend has small black tea leaves and twigs, black and white chocolate chips and red and white sprinkles. Chocolate chips and sprinkles dissolve while steeping.
-Dry leaves smell like sweet red velvet cake. Tea liquor aroma is of rich chocolate.
-Tea liquor is a thick orange-yellow color with an oily sheen on top.
-Red velvet flavor with a lingering sweet chocolatey finish.
-Best with milk and sweetener.
-Excellent tea. Creamy and decadent.

This tea nails velvet cake on the head; it has the smell, the taste, and even the oily and creamy soft texture. It’s a bombardment of dripping buttery icing and sugared chocolate chips.

I can taste the semi-sweet and white chocolate chips distinctly-they remind me of the chocolate chips my mom used to put into her baking. They’re bad straight but are amazing when melted into baked desserts. The black tea is mostly buried beneath layers of cake and chocolate but, despite the oily qualities of the liquid, this tea is leaving my mouth somewhat dry. Maybe that could be attributed to the tea leaves?

I do like this a lot but the richness, coupled with the artificial tone from the sprinkles make it something that, like red velvet cake itself, I cannot eat drink all the time.

Cupcake flavoured tea, tea flavoured cupcakes….this tea would make Pinkie Pie proud!

crazy4u

Yum! Sounds awesome!

I felt like having something sweet and i remembered that i had a few yummy teas from Davids, This red velvet is actually better this time than it was the first time i tried it, its like creamy chocolate goodness with a touch of tea lol, it does require some sweetener to taste super yummy tho.
Good Tea :)

Hmm,I don’t think there are hardly any white chocolate chips or even chip pieces in mine. Go figure! Maybe the finished out the bottom of a larger tin when they filled up the 50g to send my way. No issue, I hadn’t noticed they were supposed to be in there!

The flavor really reminds me of Ice Cream Cake, which is one of my favorites. Other than a slightly less prominent icing flavor, this pretty much is Ice Cream Cake. It’s good, though I don’t know if I would order it again, simply because I have a large quantity of Ice Cream Cake on hand already.

Reasoned_Melody

That’s one of my favorites!!:)

2 tsp for 300mL water @100C, steeped 4 minutes, drunk bare.

Can’t. Wake. Up.

Made this a bit stronger, and it’s great. I can taste red velvet cake, and I can taste black tea. Win.

Having a cuppa of this amazing tea whilst waiting to be waxed at my local The Ten Spot :)

205 °F / 96 °C
Michelle Butler Hallett

I really like this one, and I’m generally not a fan of flavoured teas.

So after that jasmine tea, I wanted something strong enough to be able to power over any lingering jasmine tea scent I might not’ve been able to clean from my steeper, and something I’ve had before so that if the jasmine did creep through, it wouldn’t skew my taste.
I love this. It’s chocolaty, with a smidge of spice and a wonderful cakey smell. When I order from Davids I’m definitely getting the 100g bag with the tin, because this is one I want to be keeping around. I love the little sprinkles and chocolate chips in this, though really I don’t think they do much more than make the tea a bit murky and muck up my steeper. Lol! But I can definitely deal with that since I have this awesome tea to drink.
It’s chocolaty without having that awful watered down taste like most chocolate teas I’ve drank (Della Terra’s Dubble Chocolade is the only other exception I’ve ever found), with that smidge of spice to make the brew interesting.
I could almost drink this without any sort of added sweetener, but adding just a smidge of Truvia makes the cake-y flavor really pop and makes it that much better.

Thanks to Alysha for this sample. Tasted delicious and cakey. Lightly chocolatey and not so much red velvet cake like but amazing none the less.

Lariel of Lórien

It’s more like really good hot chocolate.

Mmmmmmmm……hug me again, Red Velvet Cake, you sexy beast…

I seem to back on a DavidsTea kick again, probably because it’s fall and they keep coming out with fall-related teas I can’t resist! I was pretty excited to try this one.

The smell is heavenly. It smells sweet and cakey, but maybe a bit more white chocolately than cakey. It’s one of those teas I can just sit and smell, kind of like those sweet vanilla cupcake candles.
The taste isn’t as cakey as the smell, which is common to davidstea teas, but with this one it works well. You can actually taste the ‘black tea’ (which is rare in these super flavoured ones of theirs I find) and still pick up a bit on the cakey flavour and absolutely very sweet. I’m glad I got this because it is a bit different than anything else I have in my cupboard right now.

Confession time: I ate all of the white chocolate chips before I even got a chance to steep it. So I have no idea if the white chocolate chips even change the flavour at all but I’m guessing not.

Here’s a picture, since it seems I’ve been doing that a lot lately: