Pure Vanilla (organic)

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Bought the smallest amount possible of this one (8g) just to satisfy my curiousity. While it was brewing, there was a most unpleasant aroma. Almost like.... stinky feet? Blech. Stinky, rooibosy...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (118 - sorry *Sil* :P) This was one of the samples I got in my recent DAVIDs tea order. It is mostly rooibos with a hint of vanilla flavor. Really nothing special nor nothing offensive....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty good. The vanilla could be a little stronger as some others have mentioned. I tried it without additions first. Nice for the evening with a splash of vanilla creamer, I just...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Vanilla and red rooibos. Liquor: Red-brown, clear liquor with a true vanilla aroma accompanying the red rooibos nose. Flavour: Hints of vanilla, supported by the red rooibos. ” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 187 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

By popular demand
A lot of our fans have been asking us for a vanilla-scented rooibos, and after trying dozens of blends we finally found the perfect one. But now that we have it, we can’t believe we waited so long. We’re totally addicted. With rich rooibos, sweet vanilla beans and pretty marigolds, it’s perfectly balanced and delicately creamy. It’s great on its own, or mixed with other blends for an extra touch of richness. Thanks to everyone who wrote in! We hope you love it as much as we do

Ingredients: red rooibos, vanilla beans, marigold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Because of my recent venture into rooibos land, I picked up this one. I was disappointed in the vanilla oolong so I figured this one might be the winner for me out of those two. This one definitely wins. I had this tea straight, but I also made a latte one night before bed with almond milk. It was fantastic. I find with this one, I am particular about how it is steeped because too long, and the rooibos overpowers the vanilla giving it a bit of a bitter taste but so long as it is steeped correctly, it is a good tea!

canadianadia

I’m picky about rooibos, but your review makes me want to give this one a try

I had this as a tea-to-go this week and it was pretty good. I wish the vanilla had been a bit stronger in it, but it was still pretty good. I would have it again, but I don’t think I would buy any at this time.

Not an overwhelming love for this one, but I do quite enjoy it. THe vanilla is not as earthy and comforting as I’d like it to be, but the blend is pretty decent. When steeped for a long time the rooibos base takes over the vanilla flavours, so I’ve had to watch that since I’m prone to distraction and oversteeping. Overall, I enjoy this, but I think I’ll keep searching for the perfect vanilla rooibos.

I bought a 50g of this tea from David’s tea website because I thought it could be awesome. It’s not. I don’t think I would buy it again, not because it tastes bad, but because it’s not tasty enough. I would’ve liked more vanilla taste. I’ll try it again with different temperatures and update the note.

So I’m trying this one out again. First time I couldn’t pick up any vanilla. It just tasted like rooibos. This time, I think because I was really looking for it, I can smell the vanilla and taste it a bit too. Not that exciting, really, but if you want simple, this is it.

Upon opening the package, the smell was vanilla caramel mixed with musty hay. And something I can’t quite place, though I’ve just recently been introduced to rooibos so that could be why.

The taste of this tea was a lot better than the smell. The first sip was straight, the vanilla taste was most def stronger than the smell. Still a slightly musty caramel flavor. I added a bit of light cream and sugar, and it was a little better. I’d maybe be interested in keeping a little more of this tea (like maybe 2 sample packs), but wouldn’t want to order 50 grams it.

Dry Nose: Strong fragrance of imitation vanilla.

Taste: Weirdly chemical taste to this one. I’m never a fan of vanilla flavoring unless it’s from an actual vanilla bean. It just tastes like there’s something missing.

Flavors: Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

PTS TTB

There was some vanilla in there, but the rooibos really ruined it for me. I added some coconut creamer to my cup and it kinda just took over. It tasted good, but I think it was mostly the creamer I was picking up on. The second cup I made I drank straight, but enjoyed it more for the heat since I’m on the verge of getting sick and it felt a little relieving. It is a rare case when rooibos wows me these days.

Figured i need to start working on getting another round of sample sizes ready for me yo work through over the next month, so i’m trying to drink things that are close to being sipdowns but will take at least 2-3 more times drinking it. That includes the few teas i picked up from David’s this past weekend along with my iced pitcher. :)

This one isn’t too shabby. I don’t get a lot of “ROOIBOS” taste in this one, instead the vanilla comes across quite nicely. I think it might be fun to blend this with LB and cacao shells at some point just for funsies :) overall not a bad blend.

Another sample.

I made this one last night in my tea pot as the Davids rooibos sample packets tend to have too much tea in them for my usual mug (learned that the hard way with Gingerbread … YUCK!). This smells more like alcohol in the bag than vanilla and I didn’t notice any off smell when I steeped it – thank God! It steeps up to a dark red. Tastewise, it’s not really vanilla, just smooth and sweet, the sort of tea you can drink without having to think about it.

I don’t mind this … not sure it’d be worth purchasing in anything bigger than a sample quantity though.

Edit to Add: I put some of this in the fridge to drink later and, for giggles, tried it cold. Vanilla frosting. Vaguely vanilla, but I like it nonetheless.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 20 OZ / 591 ML