Pure Vanilla (organic)

Rooibos Tea
Cream, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Artificial
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Bought the smallest amount possible of this one (8g) just to satisfy my curiousity. While it was brewing, there was a most unpleasant aroma. Almost like…. stinky feet? Blech. Stinky, rooibosy...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3013 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (118 – sorry Sil :P) This was one of the samples I got in my recent DAVIDs tea order. It is mostly rooibos with a hint of vanilla flavor. Really nothing special nor...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2379 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty good. The vanilla could be a little stronger as some others have mentioned. I tried it without additions first. Nice for the evening with a splash of vanilla creamer, I just...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Vanilla and red rooibos. Liquor: Red-brown, clear liquor with a true vanilla aroma accompanying the red rooibos nose. Flavour: Hints of vanilla, supported by the red rooibos.” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 247 tasting notes

By popular demand
A lot of our fans have been asking us for a vanilla-scented rooibos, and after trying dozens of blends we finally found the perfect one. But now that we have it, we can’t believe we waited so long. We’re totally addicted. With rich rooibos, sweet vanilla beans and pretty marigolds, it’s perfectly balanced and delicately creamy. It’s great on its own, or mixed with other blends for an extra touch of richness. Thanks to everyone who wrote in! We hope you love it as much as we do

Ingredients: red rooibos, vanilla beans, marigold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Because of my recent venture into rooibos land, I picked up this one. I was disappointed in the vanilla oolong so I figured this one might be the winner for me out of those two. This one definitely wins. I had this tea straight, but I also made a latte one night before bed with almond milk. It was fantastic. I find with this one, I am particular about how it is steeped because too long, and the rooibos overpowers the vanilla giving it a bit of a bitter taste but so long as it is steeped correctly, it is a good tea!

I’m picky about rooibos, but your review makes me want to give this one a try

I had this as a tea-to-go this week and it was pretty good. I wish the vanilla had been a bit stronger in it, but it was still pretty good. I would have it again, but I don’t think I would buy any at this time.

Not an overwhelming love for this one, but I do quite enjoy it. THe vanilla is not as earthy and comforting as I’d like it to be, but the blend is pretty decent. When steeped for a long time the rooibos base takes over the vanilla flavours, so I’ve had to watch that since I’m prone to distraction and oversteeping. Overall, I enjoy this, but I think I’ll keep searching for the perfect vanilla rooibos.

I bought a 50g of this tea from David’s tea website because I thought it could be awesome. It’s not. I don’t think I would buy it again, not because it tastes bad, but because it’s not tasty enough. I would’ve liked more vanilla taste. I’ll try it again with different temperatures and update the note.

So I’m trying this one out again. First time I couldn’t pick up any vanilla. It just tasted like rooibos. This time, I think because I was really looking for it, I can smell the vanilla and taste it a bit too. Not that exciting, really, but if you want simple, this is it.

OMG…did I just find a Rooibos that I really, really enjoyed!? Better still, did I just find a magical ingredient that took that nasty rooty/smoky aftertaste that I usually get from drinking a Rooibos?! I think I did!!!! Vanilla!!! I don’t want to get too excited till I drink more, but I am very happy with my discovery and I may just buy a tin of this magic potion!

Sipped this warm with milk before bed tonight. I went out for wonton soup and hunan beef with friends tonight then came home for some tea and TV. Currently watching Showtime’s The Affair (I love Ruth Wilson – she was amazing in Luther if you haven’t seen it). I have 3 episodes to watch until the season is complete.

Anyhow – this tea is a favourite bedtime treat. It is smooth, creamy and semi-sweet. I swear all of this pre-bed rooibos is making my skin glow ;) I add a bit more tea leaves to this pot and steep for longer than usual (I add 2 mins onto the recommended time)

Flavors: Cream, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 24 OZ / 709 ML

I definitely read “hunan beef” as “human beef”! I was wondering where in world you were eating at!

Definitely taste the vanilla in this tea.
But it’s kinda a weird vanilla. It’s like an artificial vanilla. D: Kinda disappointed with this one to be honest :( And it was really strong too.
Disappointed with this one :( Glad it was only a sample.

Flavors: Artificial, Vanilla

Thank you again for the great tea package, Beorhthraefn! I love the idea of a vanilla rooibos — the perfect comforting nighttime cup. I used the entire sealed sample from Davidstea… probably closer to two teaspoons. I didn’t actually see anything that I would call vanilla in the blend… it just looked like rooibos and marigold petals to me. The flavoring is certainly vanilla, but at times it seems like it has an odd aftertaste. Maybe that’s the rooibos though. A delicious cup full of something like vanilla, but I would have liked if it was more of an authentic vanilla, or at least tasted like it to me. Maybe rooibos just doesn’t pair well with vanilla… I don’t think I’ve ever had a vanilla rooibos before. Very dessert like anyway! The second cup held up well to the flavor of the first.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 2-3 min steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // few min steep

A red rooibos blend with yellow flower petals. The Mariage Frères version of vanilla rooibos is still fresh in my memory, so I can’t help comparing the two. This one has a similar vanilla aroma, and brews to a slightly less scary red color. In terms of flavor, it’s typical red rooibos, woodsy and warming, with a touch of vanilla cream. The MF version set a pretty high standard with the quality of both the rooibos and vanilla, and comparatively this one is not as rich or complex, but it’s still decent and enjoyable.

The cold evening calls for more tea, but I’d better stick to herbals as I have to get up early tomorrow!