Pure Vanilla (organic)

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Bought the smallest amount possible of this one (8g) just to satisfy my curiousity. While it was brewing, there was a most unpleasant aroma. Almost like.... stinky feet? Blech. Stinky, rooibosy...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2221 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (118 - sorry *Sil* :P) This was one of the samples I got in my recent DAVIDs tea order. It is mostly rooibos with a hint of vanilla flavor. Really nothing special nor nothing offensive....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty good. The vanilla could be a little stronger as some others have mentioned. I tried it without additions first. Nice for the evening with a splash of vanilla creamer, I just...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 767 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Vanilla and red rooibos. Liquor: Red-brown, clear liquor with a true vanilla aroma accompanying the red rooibos nose. Flavour: Hints of vanilla, supported by the red rooibos. ” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 149 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

By popular demand
A lot of our fans have been asking us for a vanilla-scented rooibos, and after trying dozens of blends we finally found the perfect one. But now that we have it, we can’t believe we waited so long. We’re totally addicted. With rich rooibos, sweet vanilla beans and pretty marigolds, it’s perfectly balanced and delicately creamy. It’s great on its own, or mixed with other blends for an extra touch of richness. Thanks to everyone who wrote in! We hope you love it as much as we do

Ingredients: red rooibos, vanilla beans, marigold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Because of my recent venture into rooibos land, I picked up this one. I was disappointed in the vanilla oolong so I figured this one might be the winner for me out of those two. This one definitely wins. I had this tea straight, but I also made a latte one night before bed with almond milk. It was fantastic. I find with this one, I am particular about how it is steeped because too long, and the rooibos overpowers the vanilla giving it a bit of a bitter taste but so long as it is steeped correctly, it is a good tea!

canadianadia

I’m picky about rooibos, but your review makes me want to give this one a try

I had this as a tea-to-go this week and it was pretty good. I wish the vanilla had been a bit stronger in it, but it was still pretty good. I would have it again, but I don’t think I would buy any at this time.

Not an overwhelming love for this one, but I do quite enjoy it. THe vanilla is not as earthy and comforting as I’d like it to be, but the blend is pretty decent. When steeped for a long time the rooibos base takes over the vanilla flavours, so I’ve had to watch that since I’m prone to distraction and oversteeping. Overall, I enjoy this, but I think I’ll keep searching for the perfect vanilla rooibos.

I bought a 50g of this tea from David’s tea website because I thought it could be awesome. It’s not. I don’t think I would buy it again, not because it tastes bad, but because it’s not tasty enough. I would’ve liked more vanilla taste. I’ll try it again with different temperatures and update the note.

So I’m trying this one out again. First time I couldn’t pick up any vanilla. It just tasted like rooibos. This time, I think because I was really looking for it, I can smell the vanilla and taste it a bit too. Not that exciting, really, but if you want simple, this is it.

Wow, this surprised me! Normally I’m not really a huge fan of rooibos, but this was delicious! Very very very smooth and just pleasant in general. There’s a hint of vanilla, but it’s not too overpowering… It just really balances out the flavour! Yum yum yum! I’ll definitely be ordering some of this soon!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I agree with others that a little bit more of a vanilla flavour would have been nice. Otherwise this is a nice, simple rooibos tea :).

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I really wanted this to be a sipdown, but it wasn’t. This one comes from the little prepackaged samples from online DT orders – and I was hoping that there’d just be enough for one cups worth but it looks like there may be two more cups on top of the one I had already. I even tried pawning some off on Tre last night to get him contributing to a sipdown, but it was midnight and he basically told me to fuck off because it was too late for tea (despite it being caffeine free).

Anyway, I brewed this one and it smelled decently (not like “Stinky Feet” anyway, like I’ve seen mentioned in reviews), but taste wise there’s something rather hard to describe about it that really put me off. The rooibos itself was really strong and about a 50/50 between very woody and very medicinal. Yick. And then, the vanilla seemed almost pudding like, but in a really over the top (like they’re trying to completely mask the rooibos and failing hard at that) way that was too much.

So, overall not the tea for me. That’s ok though, I suppose. I don’t really want to love them all; that’d be way too much tea.

Oh, and this was tasting note 800! Not really anything monumental about it because I didn’t ever realize I was about to hit it – but hey, look at that.

VariaTEA

Congrats on 800! And I wasn’t impressed by this either. At least now we know for sure.

Kamyria

Congrats on the 800!! I’m going to have to brew this again (because DT sent me another sample of this, oh my) just to see if I can catch that weird scent again. I’ve smelled it before, it was only detectable while the tea was steeping and disappeared completely once I poured it into the cup. Taste wise I wasn’t impressed with it either.

OMGsrsly

Congratulations on 800. :)

I received this as a sample with an online order. I’m glad I did, because it’s not the kind of tea I would normally buy. I let it steep for twenty minutes in my Timolino. I started out with the recommended time but every time I took the lid off the aroma was more and more delicious. I’m very confused with some of the other ratings of this tea, because I thought that both the aroma and flavor were spectacular. I can’t wait to grab a full tin of this. The vanilla is light but sweet, and the rooibos is lovely. I don’t have a lot of experience with rooibos, but this tea makes me want to try more. I’m hoping that I get some rooibos samples with my next order!

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Pure vanilla was FANTASTIC. It was one of the free samples I got with my order , and it was a brilliant marketing strategy. It feels like a warm blanket for your senses, and just reminds me of older days when I’d come back inside from a day of playing outside, or, later, when I would come home from high school half frozen stiff from the walk outside. It’s a solitude kind of tea, for nostalgic little moments, and it’s fantastic with a touch of honey.