Pure Vanilla (organic)

Cream, Rooibos, Smooth, Sweet, Vanilla, Artificial
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

By popular demand
A lot of our fans have been asking us for a vanilla-scented rooibos, and after trying dozens of blends we finally found the perfect one. But now that we have it, we can’t believe we waited so long. We’re totally addicted. With rich rooibos, sweet vanilla beans and pretty marigolds, it’s perfectly balanced and delicately creamy. It’s great on its own, or mixed with other blends for an extra touch of richness. Thanks to everyone who wrote in! We hope you love it as much as we do

Ingredients: red rooibos, vanilla beans, marigold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry Nose: Strong fragrance of imitation vanilla.

Taste: Weirdly chemical taste to this one. I’m never a fan of vanilla flavoring unless it’s from an actual vanilla bean. It just tastes like there’s something missing.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

PTS TTB

There was some vanilla in there, but the rooibos really ruined it for me. I added some coconut creamer to my cup and it kinda just took over. It tasted good, but I think it was mostly the creamer I was picking up on. The second cup I made I drank straight, but enjoyed it more for the heat since I’m on the verge of getting sick and it felt a little relieving. It is a rare case when rooibos wows me these days.

Figured i need to start working on getting another round of sample sizes ready for me yo work through over the next month, so i’m trying to drink things that are close to being sipdowns but will take at least 2-3 more times drinking it. That includes the few teas i picked up from David’s this past weekend along with my iced pitcher. :)

This one isn’t too shabby. I don’t get a lot of “ROOIBOS” taste in this one, instead the vanilla comes across quite nicely. I think it might be fun to blend this with LB and cacao shells at some point just for funsies :) overall not a bad blend.

Another sample.

I made this one last night in my tea pot as the Davids rooibos sample packets tend to have too much tea in them for my usual mug (learned that the hard way with Gingerbread … YUCK!). This smells more like alcohol in the bag than vanilla and I didn’t notice any off smell when I steeped it – thank God! It steeps up to a dark red. Tastewise, it’s not really vanilla, just smooth and sweet, the sort of tea you can drink without having to think about it.

I don’t mind this … not sure it’d be worth purchasing in anything bigger than a sample quantity though.

Edit to Add: I put some of this in the fridge to drink later and, for giggles, tried it cold. Vanilla frosting. Vaguely vanilla, but I like it nonetheless.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 20 OZ / 591 ML

Wanted something simple for this evening. I’m still new to rooibos teas and I’m not sure if I like them. (all the ones I have are from David’s Tea- I think this is my favorite so far.) I always end up adding a few drops of Stevia to bring out the flavor.

This tea is delicious! It is like drinking pure vanilla extract! It has a wonderful aroma, too.

Flavors: Vanilla

Wow, this surprised me! Normally I’m not really a huge fan of rooibos, but this was delicious! Very very very smooth and just pleasant in general. There’s a hint of vanilla, but it’s not too overpowering… It just really balances out the flavour! Yum yum yum! I’ll definitely be ordering some of this soon!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I agree with others that a little bit more of a vanilla flavour would have been nice.

Flavors: Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I really wanted this to be a sipdown, but it wasn’t. This one comes from the little prepackaged samples from online DT orders – and I was hoping that there’d just be enough for one cups worth but it looks like there may be two more cups on top of the one I had already. I even tried pawning some off on Tre last night to get him contributing to a sipdown, but it was midnight and he basically told me to fuck off because it was too late for tea (despite it being caffeine free).

Anyway, I brewed this one and it smelled decently (not like “Stinky Feet” anyway, like I’ve seen mentioned in reviews), but taste wise there’s something rather hard to describe about it that really put me off. The rooibos itself was really strong and about a 50/50 between very woody and very medicinal. Yick. And then, the vanilla seemed almost pudding like, but in a really over the top (like they’re trying to completely mask the rooibos and failing hard at that) way that was too much.

So, overall not the tea for me. That’s ok though, I suppose. I don’t really want to love them all; that’d be way too much tea.

Oh, and this was tasting note 800! Not really anything monumental about it because I didn’t ever realize I was about to hit it – but hey, look at that.

VariaTEA

Congrats on 800! And I wasn’t impressed by this either. At least now we know for sure.

Kamyria

Congrats on the 800!! I’m going to have to brew this again (because DT sent me another sample of this, oh my) just to see if I can catch that weird scent again. I’ve smelled it before, it was only detectable while the tea was steeping and disappeared completely once I poured it into the cup. Taste wise I wasn’t impressed with it either.

OMGsrsly

Congratulations on 800. :)

I received this as a sample with an online order. I’m glad I did, because it’s not the kind of tea I would normally buy. I let it steep for twenty minutes in my Timolino. I started out with the recommended time but every time I took the lid off the aroma was more and more delicious. I’m very confused with some of the other ratings of this tea, because I thought that both the aroma and flavor were spectacular. I can’t wait to grab a full tin of this. The vanilla is light but sweet, and the rooibos is lovely. I don’t have a lot of experience with rooibos, but this tea makes me want to try more. I’m hoping that I get some rooibos samples with my next order!

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML