Pure Vanilla (organic)

Rooibos Tea
Vanilla, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Bought the smallest amount possible of this one (8g) just to satisfy my curiousity. While it was brewing, there was a most unpleasant aroma. Almost like.... stinky feet? Blech. Stinky, rooibosy...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2596 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (118 - sorry *Sil* :P) This was one of the samples I got in my recent DAVIDs tea order. It is mostly rooibos with a hint of vanilla flavor. Really nothing special nor nothing offensive....” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2062 tasting notes
  • “This is pretty good. The vanilla could be a little stronger as some others have mentioned. I tried it without additions first. Nice for the evening with a splash of vanilla creamer, I just...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Vanilla and red rooibos. Liquor: Red-brown, clear liquor with a true vanilla aroma accompanying the red rooibos nose. Flavour: Hints of vanilla, supported by the red rooibos. ” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 187 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

By popular demand
A lot of our fans have been asking us for a vanilla-scented rooibos, and after trying dozens of blends we finally found the perfect one. But now that we have it, we can’t believe we waited so long. We’re totally addicted. With rich rooibos, sweet vanilla beans and pretty marigolds, it’s perfectly balanced and delicately creamy. It’s great on its own, or mixed with other blends for an extra touch of richness. Thanks to everyone who wrote in! We hope you love it as much as we do

Ingredients: red rooibos, vanilla beans, marigold.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Wanted something simple for this evening. I’m still new to rooibos teas and I’m not sure if I like them. (all the ones I have are from David’s Tea- I think this is my favorite so far.) I always end up adding a few drops of Stevia to bring out the flavor.

This tea is delicious! It is like drinking pure vanilla extract! It has a wonderful aroma, too.

Flavors: Vanilla

Wow, this surprised me! Normally I’m not really a huge fan of rooibos, but this was delicious! Very very very smooth and just pleasant in general. There’s a hint of vanilla, but it’s not too overpowering… It just really balances out the flavour! Yum yum yum! I’ll definitely be ordering some of this soon!

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I agree with others that a little bit more of a vanilla flavour would have been nice.

Flavors: Rooibos, Vanilla

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I really wanted this to be a sipdown, but it wasn’t. This one comes from the little prepackaged samples from online DT orders – and I was hoping that there’d just be enough for one cups worth but it looks like there may be two more cups on top of the one I had already. I even tried pawning some off on Tre last night to get him contributing to a sipdown, but it was midnight and he basically told me to fuck off because it was too late for tea (despite it being caffeine free).

Anyway, I brewed this one and it smelled decently (not like “Stinky Feet” anyway, like I’ve seen mentioned in reviews), but taste wise there’s something rather hard to describe about it that really put me off. The rooibos itself was really strong and about a 50/50 between very woody and very medicinal. Yick. And then, the vanilla seemed almost pudding like, but in a really over the top (like they’re trying to completely mask the rooibos and failing hard at that) way that was too much.

So, overall not the tea for me. That’s ok though, I suppose. I don’t really want to love them all; that’d be way too much tea.

Oh, and this was tasting note 800! Not really anything monumental about it because I didn’t ever realize I was about to hit it – but hey, look at that.

VariaTEA

Congrats on 800! And I wasn’t impressed by this either. At least now we know for sure.

Kamyria

Congrats on the 800!! I’m going to have to brew this again (because DT sent me another sample of this, oh my) just to see if I can catch that weird scent again. I’ve smelled it before, it was only detectable while the tea was steeping and disappeared completely once I poured it into the cup. Taste wise I wasn’t impressed with it either.

OMGsrsly

Congratulations on 800. :)

I received this as a sample with an online order. I’m glad I did, because it’s not the kind of tea I would normally buy. I let it steep for twenty minutes in my Timolino. I started out with the recommended time but every time I took the lid off the aroma was more and more delicious. I’m very confused with some of the other ratings of this tea, because I thought that both the aroma and flavor were spectacular. I can’t wait to grab a full tin of this. The vanilla is light but sweet, and the rooibos is lovely. I don’t have a lot of experience with rooibos, but this tea makes me want to try more. I’m hoping that I get some rooibos samples with my next order!

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Pure vanilla was FANTASTIC. It was one of the free samples I got with my order , and it was a brilliant marketing strategy. It feels like a warm blanket for your senses, and just reminds me of older days when I’d come back inside from a day of playing outside, or, later, when I would come home from high school half frozen stiff from the walk outside. It’s a solitude kind of tea, for nostalgic little moments, and it’s fantastic with a touch of honey.

I got this tea as a sample when I ordered from Davids Tea and decided to try it one night before bed since I wanted something hot and it didn’t have any caffeine. It has a pleasant, but not overpowering vanilla flavor and I can still taste the rooibos. I’m not sure if I would buy it, since it was kind of unremarkable, and there are better vanilla teas out there.

I received this as a sample in my last online order and I finally got around to trying it today. As a stand alone flavour… not too bad! Not my favourite, but it was drinkable. I think I’m going to enjoy it more when I mix it in with another flavour, like Strawberry Rhubarb.

Organic Pure Vanilla is not at all what I expected it to be. It has a such a simple flavor profile that I only needed one sip to be able to review it. Usually it takes me at least one cup to fully understand and comprehend what’s going on in the tea, but this one I can get right off the bat. It’s not that it tastes bad (it is quite delicious actually) it’s just boring. The rooibos flavour is all I really taste, barely any vanilla, practically none at all! however it is very rich and smooth from the intense red rooibos.

Vanilla is one of my favourite flavouring in anything, especially drinks, so the fact that it’s not in this tea, really disappoints me. Also, I hope you are not disappointed with this review because as I mentioned, it has such a simple flavor profile, that I described it in one sentence and the rest of this review was just me ranting about it!