Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutmeg, Spicy, Vanilla, Caramel, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Saphron Jenene

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I got a free 50g baggie of this for buying x amount of tea products and I’m glad I didn’t actually spend money on it.
Dry it smells warm and I want to say mysterious :P The cinnamon and chocolate smells delightful and if you pick out the chocolate pieces they are quite tasty! The cinnamon adds a nice spiciness to the chocolate chunks.
Unfortunately like a lot of people have pointed out when this tea is brewed it is a bit weak. I’m left feeling like there is something missing. I still drink it from time to time but it wont be disappearing anytime soon.

The first thing you will notice about this tea is that it smells like choclate coconut cake. Also don’t be alarmed if you’re steeping it and it winds up being a little lighter in color than you think it should be, it’s more of a light brown or deep orange color almost like a Thai ice tea. It tastes like choclate with a hint of something nutty and it’s the perfect study tea or tea to read a book with.

I am having a really bad day and have turned to my tea cupboard for solace. Last night my friend and I made our first proper visit to David’s Tea and I bought four different flavours along with some bags (as all of my infusers are back in the UK!). So I thought Stormy Night would be comforting during my, er, stormy day, and brewed some up. I’d read that some people find it really weak, so steeped the tea for the maximum recommended six minutes just off boiling point and added a splash of milk.

Given the negativity of some reviews, I was surprised – this is like a warm hug when all your family and your boyfriend are four thousand miles away and you’re feeling low, exactly what I needed! I still might have brewed it even longer, but I can still taste a divine combination of cinnamon, coconut and chocolate which rolls silkily over the tongue. Its best feature, after the gorgeous smell, is the aftertaste, with the sweetness of the chocolate and tingle of cinnamon most prominent after each sip.
Definitely good for comfort or warming up on a grey day.

I get intense chocolate cravings… I mean, intense. (Stormy Night, to the rescue!) This tea has chunks of chocolate, coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. I mean… can it get any better?! An after-dinner-snuggled-up-on-the-couch-with-a-great-book cup of tea. Who’s with me?!

I had this over the weekend at my parents house – my mom had a sample of this and I wanted to try it.

Firstly, this review won’t be 100% accurate since ALL my favourite teas were tasting funny on their well water.

The tea looks like dirt in the cup. Like literally, the water was dirty, and left a ring around the mug and everything. It smells kinda musty too. Lots of cinnamon flavours. It smells just like cinnamon hot chocolate, which is pretty delicious. Unfortunately.. doesn’t taste as good as it smells!. Again, this could have been due to the well water but it just didn’t taste like it smelled. It was watery and gritty and icky. No chocolate flavour, and the cinnamon just tasted dirty. I did not like this as much as i thought I would. Didn’t finish the cup.
I should have brought the rest of the sample to try on my water to see if it’s any better, but alas, I forgot.

This was the first tea I tried with chocolate in it, and it is way up there on my list of all-time favorite teas!

The taste is comforting and makes you feel good and warm. It’s has an interesting blend of spices that go really well with the chocolate and coconut. It’s perfection in a cup! Personally, I think that all the teas with chocolate in them are special and so good.

I don’t think this would taste good iced; it is more meant for cuddling on the couch with that special someone, or alone with a good movie!

Had this one recommended to me by one of employees at my DT – kudos to her, because I LOVED this one. I had milk added to my to-go cup (as I generally do with most of my black teas) and mmmm, this was a nice treat on a fall afternoon. I think I like coconut in my teas provided it is subtle, as I got with this cup. And vanilla is also becoming a favourite of mine!

This is another one I’ve had sitting around in my cupboard.. mentally the flavor combination sounds reality it’s not so much. I think i was expecting more of a chocolate coconut taste rather than a cinnamon tea with the other flavors as background noise.

Smell (Dry): It’s a punch of chocolate and toasted coconut

Smell (Steeped): I get more of a cinnamon scent

Taste: When I first tried this tea last year I drank it black. I found the cinnamon was quite overpowering and the other flavors were fighting to be noticed. I also found it pretty spicy – almost like someone had put a bit too much cinnamon into the batch.

Today I added a bit of almond milk and honey into my cup and it toned down the cinnamon a bit and brought out the chocolate and coconut a bit. However, as soon as I finish this bag I don’t think I’ll be buying it again.

I swear if there just wasn’t as much cinnamon in it, this tea would be spot on!

I prefer the spicy chocolate/cinnamon mix in a hot chocolate itself instead of a tea, that’s for sure. But it is decent.

My coworker gave me this tea (among many!) because she wants to cut back on acidic drinks.
At first sip I could have sworn I was drinking cinnamon rooibos chai from DAVIDs. The most powerful taste is the cinnamon followed a little bit by chocolate.
This tea is alright, but not for me as there is just too much cinnamon and not enough of a “tea flavor”. I won’t buy this one for myself.