Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Earth
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by mewakeling

• “Eh, this one is *not* quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can't quite place. It's a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2604 tasting notes
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn't wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I'm really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word "muddy" comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2062 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Seriously.. this is my all-time favourite tea from DAVIDsTEA. I’m glad it’s sticking around as a permanent tea, and hopefully for a long time. I recently stocked up on 250g of it during the awesome $14.50/250g web special promotion. I like it best with a splash of chocolate milk. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut and vanilla.. what more could you ask for? It’s like a healthier version of a hot chocolate. David really knew what he was doing when creating this tea. It’ll forever be in my collection.

Tea with lots of flavor, and full bodied.

Sip down! Mixed with a bit of H&S Stanley’s blend to up the robustness. Enjoyed my cup, but also happy to remove the tea from my Steepster cupboard. I am never going to clean out my cupboard at the rate I’m going.

Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut and vanilla…these are a few of my favorite things! I bought this tea as TOTM. I have since bought a tin. It is a little messy in my steeper, but I don’t mind. I love the chocolatey flavor. It has such a rich taste, almost comforting.

This one is kind of a miss for me.

It’s not that I hate it (thankfully, since I still have a 50g bag of it in my cupboard), but I don’t think that I would buy it again. I like my black tea to be strong (though not bitter), and this one was very weak no matter how long I steeped it.

Taste-wise it kind of reminded me of cinnamon buns (which.. yum!), and if the flavour profile had been stronger it had the potential to be really enjoyable.

Boiling 8 min or more

I found this tea to be quite unremarkable. Besides a mishmash of flavours, cinnamon was the only one I could identify. It tastes similar to DavidsTea’s Forever Nuts, but much weaker. Overall—“meh.”

This is an ok tea. The dry nose is delicious with a lot of promise, but once steeped leaves a lot to be desired. Steeping too long makes the cinnamon overpowering, but too little doesn’t give you any of the other flavours. Added a bit of milk to the second cup and it made it a little more comforting, tamed the cinnamon a bit and brought out some of the chocolate and coconut.

I was unsure what I would think of this tea when I purchased it, but I had been craving a dessert tea and the DavidsTea employee who was helping us raved about this one and proclaimed it his favourite. The combination of cinnamon, coconut, chocolate and vanilla sounded too good to pass up!

Unfortunately, this tea did not live up to the employee’s review. The flavour is okay, though it doesn’t taste as rich as I had hoped. My main issue, however, is actually not the taste but the texture of this tea – more specifically, the disgusting oily layer that formed every time I brewed this. I tried to ignore it, but every time I drank it I felt as if it was coating the inside of my mouth and throat.

My impression in the end was that it tasted less like a delicious chocolate flavoured tea, and more like what would happen if you just threw an entire chocolate bar and a cinnamon stick into a cup of hot water. Not impressed, and I will be avoiding any teas with chocolate chunks in them in the future, no matter how delicious they may smell :(

I find this to be quite strong with cocoa flavours and the bitterness that goes with it. The cinnamon is also quite strong adding to the overall power of the tea. The other flavour are there, but more as a backnote. If I sweeten it a little bit, I don’t mind it, but it wouldn’t be one of my favourites.

This is the only tea with chocolate in it that I like. It’s sweet and a nice treat before bed or anytime. Kind of just hits the spot. All the ingredients come out in the brew and it wasn’t too coconut-y.