Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Earth
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by mewakeling

• “Eh, this one is *not* quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can't quite place. It's a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn't wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I'm really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 918 tasting notes
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word "muddy" comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1932 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Used two teaspoons worth of the loose tea in my Teaopia steeper (12 or 14oz?). First tastes find it very weak. Disappointed. I was cautious about putting too much in because of making the black tea part too strong, but I can’t taste much. Will try three teaspoons next time. Added two teaspoons of agave nectar, which makes the weak steeping drinkable.

ETA: blends well with the Read My Lips blend.

This tea smells delicious when you open it up, like chocolate and chai. The cinnamon smell really dominates, as does the chocolate, but unfortunately those flavors don’t translate well when it’s steeped.

The brew itself actually tasted fairly weak to me, and I was expecting more of a chai flavor due to the smell. Cinnamon was generally all I could taste, which was a disappointment. Because of the chocolate, this tea does leave a film on the cup.

I love the aroma this tea gives off. The mix of chocolate and cinnamon is somehow woodsy, and reminds me of a warm, crackling fire.

The taste… quite honestly my enjoyment somewhat depends on how much chocolate I manage to get in a particular steep. The more chocolatey it is, the better. The cinnamon and nutmeg actually make the tea taste rather dry, though it’s got a nice bit of creaminess and sweetness to it from the chocolate and vanilla.

I suppose I’d just like a bit more chocolate, is all.

Thanks to Allie for swapping :)
It’s a good thing we had swapped for more than enough for one cup because for me, the extra leaf was important. The first cup i made was too watery. Adding more and steeping longer as Allie suggested was better. I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would after reading the website description… and the chocolate melting left residue and oily stuff floating on the top. The stronger cup had better taste and I could taste the chocolate,cinnamon and coconut.

This tea is finicky. The first few times were huge flops – the first cup too watery, the second one way overleafed. I found the sweet spot at around 2 tsp/8oz water, and then I was actually able to finish the whole cup.

The smell reminded me of that nutty cinnamon raisin bread toast, and that smell was actually pretty accurate to what I tasted, too. There was a bit of “grit” to the cup, which I’m guessing was the tiny cinnamon particles poking through, but it didn’t bother me. A nice tea to have once in a while, but not something I’d drink everyday. I think this would be great around the winter holidays – it has that cozy, brunch feel to it.

Ok I have had this tea a few times now and like some others find the tea weak. The cinnamon seems to be the only thing I am tasting, so I added some black tea leaves to the mix and I like it better:) Is it just me or are some of DT tea blends weak on the “tea” tasting part of the brew?

canadianadia

I agree that some of DT blends are lacking in tea strength. I was disappointed with this tea also.

I was attracted to this tea because it has all the ingredients that I love! Unfortunately, it seems like they went a bit overboard with the cinnamon and it ended up overpowering all of the other flavours.

However, I had a few test packets that came in really handy. I steeped Stormy Night half and half with Cookie Dough and found the flavour I was looking for when I picked out Stormy Night. The cinnamon was still fairly strong, but the chocolate and nutty flavours came out and it was perfect for my tastes. Most people would consider this a failure, but I don’t mind mixing up different blends.

i feel like i’ve already had something from David’s that’s very similar to this tea…
regardless, it’s a very nice blend. the big chunks of chocolate leave a nice warm aftertaste, and the coconut makes it really smooth. the black tea is a nice base and not strong at all.
another tea to brew in a bag and not a metal strainer, as the coconut oils and chocolate bits gummed up my favourite one (my fault!)
a really tasty treat :)

tigress_al

I find it a bit similar to (formerly Dr. Chocolate)Spiced Carob, which wasn’t my fav either.

Pleasant enough, but I think this tea has too much going on in it and as a result no one flavour really gets a chance to shine. The overall result is a kind of generic sweets-and-spice taste. Not bad, but nothing to write home about or go out of your way to try. The delicious cinnamon-and-coconut smell didn’t live up to the taste.

yssah - Love is Tea (LIT)

following you Jules1! pls follow me back so i can pm you :)

It’s good, but all I really taste is cinnamon…maybe some coconut? It just kinda dries my mouth! It’s okay, but not really what I imagined when I smelled it! Meh!

Edit: I didn’t mean to be so hard on this tea. I actually do like it haha! My rating seems a bit to low but I will drink it again and I enjoyed the aroma it left in my house. Who needs candles when tea is around :)