Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Earth
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by mewakeling

• “Eh, this one is *not* quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can't quite place. It's a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2390 tasting notes
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn't wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I'm really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 946 tasting notes
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word "muddy" comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1967 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

alright, this one is definitely one of my favorite tea from the david’s Tea collection. This one doesn’t need to be steeped for too long, but I have to warn you if you’re on a diet, do NOT grab this tea, cause it is almost impossible not to taste the big chocolate bits while waiting for the water to warm. So about the taste : if you like chocolate and cinnamon together, this one is definitely a must-try!!! I mean contrary to some other DT this one may exactly have the taste you would except it to have from the main ingredients list : probably not really original, but definitely a good all-time classic for the evening!

Initially, I wasn’t overly impressed with this tea. But you know what? I keep going back to it. I’ve almost finished my 25g sample and I’m crying on the inside because I can’t justify buying more tea until some other have been drunk down.

It has a strange, murky liquor that I find unpleasant, but I just add a splash of milk and it seems to soften it.

Chocolate-y, vanilla-y, coconut-y goodness + black tea. What’s not to love?

This one was just OK for me…I think it may be better as a latte. The cinnamon and chocolate is an interetsting pairing and I dont know if I like it in this tea. For that combination I definetely prefer Cocoa Canela. I would try again but as a latte next time.

Hrrm. Well, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks, but I’m still alive! and back on steepster. And I’d like to apologize to the people i’ve traded with; your items should be coming very soon.
This tea is odd. I liked the very first cup out of the bag, but then something went wrong. I usually don’t like Davids cinnamon teas, because they taste weird to me (I think the cinnamon has a weird aftertaste), but several people told me that this was good, so i got it It just leaves this weird taste in your mouth. blech. And it made my mug smell weird for several days. Well, whatever. Also, I’m sick and drinking lemony honey filled rooibos :)

Hmm… I like this one, but I am a bit disappointed. I brewed it for the recommended amount of time and even added more tea in to make it stronger. It brewed up quite weak, though I do taste equal amounts of chocolate and coconut with a hint of cinnamon. I’m hoping it will get better as I continue to drink this one.

UPDATE:
I find myself drinking this tea much more than I thought I would. This tea is brewing up stronger now and I think that adding a bit more tea helps in the steeping process. All in all, I am quite happy with this one. :-)

Well, the chinook that had been blowing for a few days came back with a fierce vengeance. The wind blew bitter and it snowed unlike I had every seen while the night came, blocking paths to my workplace and erasing my footsteps as I went. I could only think of brewing up this tea as it described my night perfectly.

I had my doubts when I inhaled it. It didn’t smell like a tea I would want to consume at night but I needed the caffeine and away it brewed. When I took a sip I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like one of my old standby remedies for when I am ill – Cinnamon on dry toast. I actually believe this tea would pair perfectly with it as brings me comfort as my remedy does. That said, the tea did help me keep awake during the night so it got extra love points from me for it.

I think I will keep buying Stormy Night, but only a bag to keep through the year. It’s nice but not something I would splurge on… Unless I was ill all year.

I was initially sold on the description: coconut tea? Sign me up! There was quite a strong overtone of cocoa/chocolate in the dry mix, but it was definitely more subtle when brewed. I didn’t find the coconut/vanilla very present once brewed and it was mostly cinnamon/chocolate overpowering it.
I know some people have commented that the flavour was weak, but I found it fairly strong and think this tea is perfectly suited for a cold, rainy night.
While not my favourite tea from David’s, it’s become a staple in my cupboard.

I didn’t want to like this tea.

my first impression was that there was too much going on with this tea. The smell was really over powering and the list of ingredients was scary. I really did think this tea was to good to be true.

However, I was pleasantly surprised once I steeped it! a little sugar and some milk and it was as rich and creamy as having a latte. It’s defiantly a dessert tea but the flavour reminds me something you would get at a coffee shop. D-licious!

A sample from Shmiracles. This is an interesting one. Judging from the name and a couple of ingredients, I was expecting quite a dark, moody tea. Instead, it’s actually quite light and refreshing — more summer rain than dark winter, strangely. On the other hand, this would be a good tea to curl up in the warm with on the aforementioned dark, stormy winter night. Its ingredients might even be a pleasant reminder if warmer wather to come.

The initial sip is mostly cinnamon, which is followed by satisfyingly creamy coconut and vanilla. The chocolate comes out last, and lingers long in the aftertaste. It’s milk chocolate, rather than dark, and it seems to bind all of the other flavours together fairly effectively — like a friend in common. Taken together, it actually works better than I expected it to…spicy, sweet, creamy, chocolatey. It’s a warming, comforting cup…perfect with a splash of milk.

I was hoping for something a little darker and more brooding, but I’m pleased with what I actually got. An unusual combination of ingredients, and a pleasant tea to have tried. Thanks again to Shmiracles for sharing this with me!

Boiling 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

Had my last cup of this very recently. May it rest in peace… I really liked this blend. It was one of the few chocolate blends that stuck with me. It was very well balanced between tea and blended additions. Tasted wonderfully of coconut, cinnamon, and chocolate all in one, but the black tea flavour was still present throughout the cup. It was a great “curl up with a book in a blanket” tea. I often wonder if I will every find anything like it again.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Earth