Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutmeg, Spicy, Vanilla, Caramel, Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Saphron Jenene

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

alright, this one is definitely one of my favorite tea from the david’s Tea collection. This one doesn’t need to be steeped for too long, but I have to warn you if you’re on a diet, do NOT grab this tea, cause it is almost impossible not to taste the big chocolate bits while waiting for the water to warm. So about the taste : if you like chocolate and cinnamon together, this one is definitely a must-try!!! I mean contrary to some other DT this one may exactly have the taste you would except it to have from the main ingredients list : probably not really original, but definitely a good all-time classic for the evening!

Initially, I wasn’t overly impressed with this tea. But you know what? I keep going back to it. I’ve almost finished my 25g sample and I’m crying on the inside because I can’t justify buying more tea until some other have been drunk down.

It has a strange, murky liquor that I find unpleasant, but I just add a splash of milk and it seems to soften it.

Chocolate-y, vanilla-y, coconut-y goodness + black tea. What’s not to love?

This one was just OK for me…I think it may be better as a latte. The cinnamon and chocolate is an interetsting pairing and I dont know if I like it in this tea. For that combination I definetely prefer Cocoa Canela. I would try again but as a latte next time.

Hrrm. Well, it’s been a hectic couple of weeks, but I’m still alive! and back on steepster. And I’d like to apologize to the people i’ve traded with; your items should be coming very soon.
This tea is odd. I liked the very first cup out of the bag, but then something went wrong. I usually don’t like Davids cinnamon teas, because they taste weird to me (I think the cinnamon has a weird aftertaste), but several people told me that this was good, so i got it It just leaves this weird taste in your mouth. blech. And it made my mug smell weird for several days. Well, whatever. Also, I’m sick and drinking lemony honey filled rooibos :)

Hmm… I like this one, but I am a bit disappointed. I brewed it for the recommended amount of time and even added more tea in to make it stronger. It brewed up quite weak, though I do taste equal amounts of chocolate and coconut with a hint of cinnamon. I’m hoping it will get better as I continue to drink this one.

I find myself drinking this tea much more than I thought I would. This tea is brewing up stronger now and I think that adding a bit more tea helps in the steeping process. All in all, I am quite happy with this one. :-)

Well, the chinook that had been blowing for a few days came back with a fierce vengeance. The wind blew bitter and it snowed unlike I had every seen while the night came, blocking paths to my workplace and erasing my footsteps as I went. I could only think of brewing up this tea as it described my night perfectly.

I had my doubts when I inhaled it. It didn’t smell like a tea I would want to consume at night but I needed the caffeine and away it brewed. When I took a sip I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like one of my old standby remedies for when I am ill – Cinnamon on dry toast. I actually believe this tea would pair perfectly with it as brings me comfort as my remedy does. That said, the tea did help me keep awake during the night so it got extra love points from me for it.

I think I will keep buying Stormy Night, but only a bag to keep through the year. It’s nice but not something I would splurge on… Unless I was ill all year.

I was initially sold on the description: coconut tea? Sign me up! There was quite a strong overtone of cocoa/chocolate in the dry mix, but it was definitely more subtle when brewed. I didn’t find the coconut/vanilla very present once brewed and it was mostly cinnamon/chocolate overpowering it.
I know some people have commented that the flavour was weak, but I found it fairly strong and think this tea is perfectly suited for a cold, rainy night.
While not my favourite tea from David’s, it’s become a staple in my cupboard.

I didn’t want to like this tea.

my first impression was that there was too much going on with this tea. The smell was really over powering and the list of ingredients was scary. I really did think this tea was to good to be true.

However, I was pleasantly surprised once I steeped it! a little sugar and some milk and it was as rich and creamy as having a latte. It’s defiantly a dessert tea but the flavour reminds me something you would get at a coffee shop. D-licious!

My absolute favourite that I’ve had over the years since I got into the whole tea loving experience. Was quite sad when it was discontinued at David’s! When I got the email this month that they were “raising it from the dead” for Halloween I was so excited. I immediately ordered 250 grams of it online but now that it’s out of stock again, I’m regretting not ordering more. I’ll just have to slow down and savour what I bought over the next year. Hopefully they raise it again for next Halloween or consider relisting it.

So why do I like it sooo much? I think it’s the complexity, there’s so much going on in it. With chocolate, vanilla, coconut, nutmeg, cinnamon, allspice, chipotle and ancho chilli ingredients there’s a lot of different flavour accents. Even the appearance of it is awesome. It has a deep amber colour brewed that has a really nice sheen on the surface and the cinnamon and spices are suspended and happily swimming throughout the liquid. In the bag dried, it smells completely decadent with prominent chocolate, vanilla and coconut aromas. Once brewed, the cinnamon and spice aromas come out wonderfully. I love all the different distinct flavours as well as how they mingle and merge.

Only 1 tea receives a score of 100 from me. This is the one.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Nutmeg, Spicy, Vanilla

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 30 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

Nice! Glad you could benefit for them bringing it back. It’s like me with luscious watermelon in the summer time :)

Lol nice. It would be so much simpler if we loved things in their permanent collection the same way eh?

Ugh yes. On one hand I understand they keep rotations going to pique interest at certain points and to make sure they are making money, but it certainly can lead to frustrated customers. I know I’ve been in DAVIDs and I’ve seen occasional customers asking about getting a tea from 2 years ago, and it turns them off for sure.

I’m not entirely sure what I think of this tea. Before it arrived in my order, I stumbled upon the reviews here and kept note of what everyone was saying. Once it arrived, I noticed that the smell of the dry tea reminded me of oatmeal raisin cookies. I made the tea, and sweetened it with honey. The resulting taste reminded of me burnt chocolate and I definitely understand where everyone is getting “muddy” from. The strong flavors I hoped for all blend together in one big slightly cinnamon and chocolate cup of tea. I don’t even taste the coconut. I might try with light agave nectar to see if maybe that’ll bring out more of the flavors. If not, I’m going to hope that the taste grows on me the more I drink it.

Edit: Ok, I was right. The more I drink this tea, the more it grows on me. I also had to change me steeping time and sweetener. I found that if I steep it for the full 7 minutes and then sweeten it with light agave nectar, it’s actually fairly sweet and delicious. I actually really enjoy this tea now and am quickly powering through, which makes me sad because this tea is limited edition. Overall, now I would recommend the tea, BUT you have to play around with steeping times.

Flavors: Caramel, Chocolate, Cinnamon