Stormy Night (organic)

Black Tea Leaves, Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Vanilla Flavour
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Coconut, Vanilla, Earth
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by mewakeling

• “Eh, this one is *not* quite what I was expecting. It brews up quite murky, and with an offputting aroma that I can't quite place. It's a little reminiscent of Super Chocolate or Dr. Chocolate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I must be doing something wrong, or maybe my taste buds are on the fritz? The flavors are a lot weaker than I was expecting. Cinnamon is the only flavor that I can identify among all the...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I am trying to drink down lol, it doesn't wow me, and the chocolate gets a bit monotonous after a while for me. I'm really not that much of a chocolate fan I guess lol. Anyways,...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 888 tasting notes
  • “I got distracted so this cup is now cold. It is really not good cold. All the flavors combine into one thick, odd taste. The word "muddy" comes to mind. I know that sounds strange but the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

As good as it gets

It was three o’clock in the afternoon on a rainy Friday. David was hungry. He needed a nap, a shave, and a hot meal. What he had was a kettle, a pack of matches, and a bag of black tea. So he grabbed some ingredients and threw them in the water. Chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla – this drink was a real piece of work. He lifted his cup, took a drink and then another. It was hotter than an inferno and smoother than silk. It was good. Almost too good.

Ingredients: Organic: Black tea, chocolate, cinnamon, coconut, vanilla. With natural vanilla flavouring*.

Allergens: Dairy and coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really wanted to like this one, but it’s so high-maintenance that it just isn’t worth it. The first steep is entirely cinnamon. None of the other flavours come out at all, and you’re left with this gross, murky-looking, cinnamon water concoction. The second and third steeps, however, are pretty good and definitely worth it if you have the time to steep it, dump out the first cup, and re-steep. That’s the only way it’s worth it. I’ve actually been mixing it with Cookie Dough or Chocolate Orange and that makes it really yummy. Just a bit of a miss on this one unfortunately.

Not bad. I wasn’t sure if I liked it the first time I had it, it was a little weak but the second time I had it, it somehow really hit the spot and the melted chocolate in it was really yummy. I wouldn’t say this is my favourite, but it’s up there with my better teas

This tea is definitely not one of my favorites. It’s not bad, but I personally find it to be on the weaker side so I like to steep it for a few extra minutes. The chocolate flavor itself is alright, although I’m not a fan of the cinnamon -there isn’t quite enough to be tasty but there is just enough to leave an after taste. Not a bad tea, but not one that I would consider repurchasing. So overall I’m not sad that DAVIDsTEA retired this particular blend from their collection.

Good. You taste cinnamon, not coconut.

The taste of this certainly didn’t seem to match either the description or the name. It smelled okay, and tasted somewhat full bodied with some sweetness, but the flavours were unremarkable and nondescript. I wouldn’t recommend it or try it again. Lacks the flavour of a flavoured black tea, and the distinctiveness of a good solid unflavoured black tea.

I drink this when I want something sweet, but not turn into the cookie monster. It’s delicious but a bit weaker than what I was expecting. I’m not big on coconut in my tea and in this one I can only pick up on that with the chocolate. I would have liked a little bit more spice to balance out the sweetness.

I got a free 50g baggie of this for buying x amount of tea products and I’m glad I didn’t actually spend money on it.
Dry it smells warm and I want to say mysterious :P The cinnamon and chocolate smells delightful and if you pick out the chocolate pieces they are quite tasty! The cinnamon adds a nice spiciness to the chocolate chunks.
Unfortunately like a lot of people have pointed out when this tea is brewed it is a bit weak. I’m left feeling like there is something missing. I still drink it from time to time but it wont be disappearing anytime soon.

The first thing you will notice about this tea is that it smells like choclate coconut cake. Also don’t be alarmed if you’re steeping it and it winds up being a little lighter in color than you think it should be, it’s more of a light brown or deep orange color almost like a Thai ice tea. It tastes like choclate with a hint of something nutty and it’s the perfect study tea or tea to read a book with.

I am having a really bad day and have turned to my tea cupboard for solace. Last night my friend and I made our first proper visit to David’s Tea and I bought four different flavours along with some bags (as all of my infusers are back in the UK!). So I thought Stormy Night would be comforting during my, er, stormy day, and brewed some up. I’d read that some people find it really weak, so steeped the tea for the maximum recommended six minutes just off boiling point and added a splash of milk.

Given the negativity of some reviews, I was surprised – this is like a warm hug when all your family and your boyfriend are four thousand miles away and you’re feeling low, exactly what I needed! I still might have brewed it even longer, but I can still taste a divine combination of cinnamon, coconut and chocolate which rolls silkily over the tongue. Its best feature, after the gorgeous smell, is the aftertaste, with the sweetness of the chocolate and tingle of cinnamon most prominent after each sip.
Definitely good for comfort or warming up on a grey day.

I get intense chocolate cravings… I mean, intense. (Stormy Night, to the rescue!) This tea has chunks of chocolate, coconut, vanilla, and cinnamon. I mean… can it get any better?! An after-dinner-snuggled-up-on-the-couch-with-a-great-book cup of tea. Who’s with me?!