Tung Ting Vietnam

Oolong Tea
Oolong Tea Leaves
Floral, Green, Sweet, Earth, Honey, Vegetal, Cream, Milk, Tart, Creamy, Butter, Flowers, Grass
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Wow I also have to highly recommend this delicious oolong! I got the $1 pack from DT and steeped it for 5 minutes in my perfect mug. I haven’t had the chance to try multiple short steeps, but...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 514 tasting notes
  • “ohhhhh man, finally a tea from DT I love! this is amazing. Well the first steep was. Bright and sweet, and complicated! just the right amount of fresh “green” and oh sooooo good. The...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1483 tasting notes
  • “Shared a pot of this with my roommate tonight thanks to the DT $1 packet of tea promo. I admit that my expectations weren’t super high, but apparently I need to change my views! The dry tea...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3034 tasting notes
  • “I’m not sure what happened with this tea. At first it seemed as though the first steep had a lovely green oolong flavor which quite enjoyed, but with each successive sip I tasted an increasing...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 357 tasting notes

A fitting tribute

The word “tribute” usually makes us think of cover bands and Vegas shows. But in this case, it refers to an amazing oolong tea from a small garden in Lam Dong, Vietnam, made to celebrate the Tung Ting teas of Taiwan. And unlike most cover bands, this tribute does the original justice. Each leaf is carefully hand-rolled, for a taste that is light, piney and perfectly balanced. But this tea really shines when you drink it “gung fu” style, by steeping it multiple times. Now that’s a tribute we’d like to see more of.

Ingredients: Oolong tea from Lam Dong, Vietnam.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tung Ting, to be honest I think this is an awesome name for a tea, not sure why but it just rolls off your tongue. I mean it’s not quite as awesome as Iron Goddess of Mercy Oolong (Tie Kwan Yin), but it’s close! Tung Ting Vietnam is straight Oolong # 2 from DAVIDsTEA and the following will be my accounts of my experience while drinking it.

I just pulled the infuser out of my perfect cup and I have to say “HOLY CRAP THE LEAVES ARE GINORMOUS!” I mean I have been drinking a bunch of oolongs lately so the unfurling leaves are not a new sight but this tea is full leaves rolled into balls smaller than peas, very artsy!

The initial taste on this one is slightly sweet and slightly piney but not an aggressive flavor at all, I would say it is perfectly balanced against the natural oolong flavor. The after taste is quiet brief and mild, I can’t describe the exact flavor but it doesn’t linger and it isn’t powerful.

Overall for a straight tea I don’t mind it all that much, it has a palatable flavor a good caffeine kick and is relatively impossible to mess up steeping! This might actually be a straight oolong that I keep in the cupboard on a regular basis.

A really great oolong. Very buttery/creamy with a little hint of vegetal favor.

Flavors: Butter, Cream, Grass

I really like this one. It has a sweet mineral taste to it that is very light and refreshing. After the second steep, the flavour is still fairly strong like the first cup. I’m also getting a bit of corn after taste which is delicious. This one is going to be a cupboard staple.

Relatively cheap in comparison to other Oolongs, and still wonderful tasting!

This is absolutely great, and I highly recommend this to any fan of oolongs (especially the pineapple oolong), this is pretty much that (without the pineapple!)

went 8 gongfu steepings with 5.3g in a dayi gaiwan and 85c water from 1:30 up to 10m at first it was buttery nutty and vegital. but as later infusions progressed the tea lost most the nutty and buttery flavors and took on a almost green tea like flavor. grassy green leafy taste. Good tea but not quite on the mark of what it was trying to achieve.

This one is as said in the description, light and piney with a little spice and other fun things. I find it very slightly resembles Quangzhou Milk Oolong (A great one if you haven’t tried it!) but I wouldn’t say they are similar, just a few notes the same (because they’re both oolong obviously) This tea has a very mild gentle calm taste which is what I like sometimes so I quite enjoy it. I sort of agree with Canadianadia where there is an increasing bitterness as it goes on, what I found was there was a little bitterness in the middle of my cup (just slight so it didn’t bother me any) but in the top & bottom it was fine and delicious! I will be buying more of this.

I got a sample packet of this one by David’s Tea as a GWP and I was looking forward to try it. Unfortunately, I’m not a fan… and I’m kinda sad about this fact when you read all those wonderful review. My cup was bitter even if I didn’t left it longer thant you should.

I bought this because I L-O-V-E Davids Vanilla Orchid Oolong, and wanted to add a pure Oolong to my collection. This is pretty darn good. It’s slightly floral and sweet. I added a tiny touch of agave and a splash of plain soymilk. Very, very satisfying. I really think I am an Oolong girl. Time to add more to the collection. (I do have at least 3 others, but they’re the types that are way over powered by additional flavourings)

Flavors: Floral, Green, Sweet

This tea is amazing. Very earthy and vegetal at first but is very sweet at the end. No complaints, will be my go-to oolong.

Flavors: Earth, Green, Honey, Sweet, Vegetal

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

“rare oolong from small garden in Lam Don, Vietnam” the package says… Well, it can’t be that small if David’s Tea can sell it all around. Anyways, this tea looks nice but taste no different than Muyi’s dong oolong I bought in Japan for $3 (1.8ounces) so I really can’t rate this high because Muyi’s quality wasn’t that good compared to other darker green oolongs that are out there.