White Peony

White Tea
Flowers, Gardenias
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “I have joined the CULT OF TIMOLINO! ~bows down~ We were out shopping today and my bf spent a lot of money on boardgames, and so it was decided that I could have a treat too! And so I snagged a...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1619 tasting notes
  • “A lovely light tea, fairly typical of a white tea. I’ve never had a tea with peony in it before, so I was expecting this to taste overwhelmingly floral. Thankfully the floral aspect is equally...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Well, I'll leave DAVIDsTEA to fix the image quality/description here... I'm not used to having to add teas myself! Picked this one up while in store today to get October's TOTM - I had seen...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I've never had a straight white tea before and I'm enjoying this one. Nothing too special about it from what I can tell. Perhaps once I've tried more unflavoured white teas I'll have more to...” Read full tasting note
    Courtney 675 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A breath of fresh air
Sometimes we all need a little time out. And this fresh, delicate white tea is a first class ticket to cloud nine. With its silvery leaves, bright colour and fresh aroma, it’s like drinking a spring day. It’s naturally sweet and mellow, with a hint of green vegetables and fresh corn silk – richer and fuller than most white teas. Maybe it tastes so beautiful because it grows in such a breathtaking place: China’s Fuding City, a lush green gem set high above the sea in Fujian Province. So steep a cup, lock your office door and enjoy a five-minute getaway.

Ingredients: White tea from Fujian Province, China.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well it is time for a white tea. I haven’t had a straight one for a while so I bought some White Peony.

Smells like the real thing,quality thing high in antioxidant thing.

I put less in accidentally so steeped longer hopefully we will get a great glimpse of the elegance of this tea.

Taste is nice and light with a silky base and smooth sipping all the way down. It is a bit too light in my opinion but I think this might be nice to mix with another tea ..something really sweet or decadent and add this lovely full base to it..any ideas?

Final verdict: a little too gentle but quality white tea.

200 °F / 93 °C

So I had this tea Friday ( the 25th) in the afternoon. I decided to steep this tea in my new gaiwan. The leaves have a grassy, almost hay-like smell.

First Steep: full body. Greenish colour, yet it is light. There is some sediment, which adds to the grassy flavour and aroma of the tea.

Second Steep: same as the first, except a little lighter.

Third Steep: light colour, almost no flavour.

I picked up a sample of each of the new straight teas at DAVIDsTEA yesterday – which I think is a fantastic marketing strategy. I love being able to try a new tea in my house, where I can brew it exactly how I want to… Yep – I pulled out my thermometer for this one.

Onto the tea!

I am a big fan of white & green teas, and I know that I prefer lighter more delicately flavoured teas so I was fairly certain that I would like the White Peony tea.

And I do! It’s light, slightly floral and the corn silk notes add a really delicate texture that is very subtle but great.

This tea is very light and easy to drink. Like other people have said, it doesn’t have anything special but I like it. It definitely has a subtle sweet corn flavour.

I purchased this tea in the smaller $1 sample bags and I kind of fell in love with this tea. I can definitely see myself drinking this majority of the time when I feel like drinking a straight tea in the spring. The taste is light and crisp and gives a sense of refreshment. I’m planning on maybe purchasing it in maybe twenty-five to fifty grams the next time to get more of the feel of it.

Picked up a small sample of this yesterday when I was in getting a 1$ cup of oolong.

First steep is very smooth and bright. It’s a very clean, simple white tea. I had it with a bit of honey and I think that worked well. Will try resteeping soon.

The dry leaves smell very sweet, tastes mellow and floral with a hint of natural sweetness. Very delicate and light.

Flavors: Flowers

I love this tea because no matter how hard you try, you actually can’t burn it. It’s indestructible. And also, delicious. It’s got a really nice floral sweetness to it; more like a light hint of nectar than a really aromatic flower. There’s also notes of hay and newly grown grass. It’s got a very “spring air” kind of flavour to it, kind of like how it smells after a drizzle.

I am a big fan of straight white teas. I want to try more, but typically they are expensive and my wallet glares at me when I try to buy them so I don’t own many besides this. I love it and am heart broken that it’s been removed from the David’s collection.

Flavors: Gardenias

White Peony is a tea that I received as a sample in an online order. I really wish I had more of this tea, because it is delicious!

It tastes pretty much like plain white tea, but it has this ever so slight floral aroma, that draws you in, and it’s so comforting! I feel like I’m in the botanical gardens, or lying in a field, surrounded by beautiful flowers :)

It’s not quite the aroma of real peonies (I have some in my backyard to compare), but this tea is lovely and satisfying nonetheless. It’s a great way to end a meal or the night (well maybe not so much because it has a medium caffeine level).

First time trying a straight white tea. Really enjoyed this one. Was very light and floral-y. Very nice for a relaxing evening :)