Jasmine Black Pearls (organic)

Astringent, Jasmine, Caramel, Chocolate, Earth, Smoke, Bitter, Sweet, Wood, Floral, Smooth, Bamboo, Flowers, Malt
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Fay

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A novel tea

Black pearls, black jasmine teas and Chinese black teas are all extremely rare. So what do you get when you combine all three? A seriously special, super-rare, once-in-a-lifetime tea. And we’re super excited to announce that it’s a DAVIDsTEA exclusive! But this hand-rolled tea is more than just a pretty face: it’s rich, floral and uniquely refreshing. With its delicate jasmine aroma, caramel notes and lingering wild honey sweetness, it’s definitely a taste worth seeking out.

Ingredients: Organic black tea pearls from Hunnan Province, China, scented with jasmine blossoms.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Starting to venture in to the more traditional tea zones (I still love weird blends like popcorn and dehydrated ice cream bits of course), but I want to also learn more about the bases and such. Starting with these puppies this week… So yummy!

I used my new Steeper, three pearls, filled it up with boiling water and steeped for 4.5 minutes. The jasmine is a perfect amount, engages your senses, but doesn’t smell like you opened Grandma’s perfume chest. Very lovely, drinkable. Fun to watch the pearls unravel their mysteries in the steeper. Overall, a nice start to a (hopefully) relaxing weekend.

I loaded up on theses pearls during David’s last sale. I use about 5 pearls per 16oz as I love strong jasmine. It’s nice to have a black base, I usually have green with jasmine. I’m having a sipdown on this small bag because the seal broke and I don’t want to put them in a tin. I’ve been brewing western style, too busy for gonfu, and can get about 2 steeps from them and still have the jasmine. I could probably brew 1-2 more times to enjoy the black base.

These pearls have a nice smooth jasmine, not perfumey. The black base is very tasty and has never gone bitter on me. I found brewing at 208 degrees tasted better than 195…for 3 minutes.

Ze_Teamaker

Still need to try these beauties.

Chocolatey with jasmine floral-ness. Haven’t found a tea like it. Must have.

Flavors: Chocolate, Flowers, Malt

Wowza! This tea has quite a strong jasmine taste, so strong in fact I have a hard time tasting the black tea. I followed the instructions on the label, but may try it with a smaller steeping time because I found the jasmine taste so strong (I used the recommendation of 2 pearls). However despite have a bit of an overwhelming jasmine smell/taste, I do occasionally search it out in my cupboard. There are some days I want a tea to be able to rip my socks off because of its strong flavours, this is the one I go to for that.

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 30 sec 1 tsp

I used 6 pearls in my DAVIsTEA travel mug… Too much… And I think I will add honey to this one…

Best jasmine tea I ever tried. I find the jasmine amount to be perfect, since the taste of the black tea is still present.

I do think it is very balanced. It’s a wonderful tea. Expensive, but worth it. My favorite DT black tea of all time!

I love how this tea tastes.

This tea is a beautiful little treat. The jasmine gives it a naturally sweeter taste and it’s one of the only black teas I don’t add milk to. I bought 50g it on a whim back when DavidsTea was promoting their straight teas and have had it sparingly since as it’s pretty pricey and stock they ran out shortly afterwards. Either way, now that it’s back I’ll definitely be grabbing a tin to stock up.

I ordered this from DavidsTea and the shipping was extremely fast. I have to say this tea is everything it is said to be. It really has a nice jasmine aroma followed by earthy tones and honey after tones. It makes me feel warm on a cold day like today. I would recommend it to any tea connoisseur.