Coffee Chai (organic)

Black Chai Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Sipdown! Enjoyed the remainder of this tea iced! It wasn't bad, but the coffee beans made the tea a little bitter, so I ended up adding double the sugar I usually do. Probably won't get this...” Read full tasting note
    Tealizzy 504 tasting notes
  • “I don't know if I'm getting picky about chais or what... but I do *not* like the spicing in this tea. Or... this tea at all, really. I can't figure out exactly what spices are most prominent, but...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Dry Leaf Nose: Spicy with a slight coffee note. Liquor: Light brown and clear. Flavour: A nice black tea base, supported by subtle coffee notes. This is a lovely and subtle chai/spice blend. ...” Read full tasting note
    DAVIDsTEA 169 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown #55 Yeaaaaah, I don’t know about this combo. Coffee and chai? Well, the husband will probably drink it if I don’t. He’s a coffee fanatic! The dry leaf aroma is about as weird as it...” Read full tasting note
    CHAroma 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Decisions, decisions

Tea or coffee…why can’t it be both? With this blend, you can have it all. We took a spiced black tea with cardamom, cinnamon and ginger, then added whole coffee beans to jazz it up. It has a subtler, richer flavour than many of our chais, with a big hit of floral spice from the cardamom and a tasty depth from the coffee beans. We love drinking it hot or iced, but you’ve really got to try it as a latte – with lots of foam and a dash of cinnamon, it’ll be the best decision you make all day.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified black tea, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, coffee beans, stevia. With organic and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Dry: Rich and lovely chai aroma. Attractive loose leaf with tea leaves, coffee beans, and spices.

Steeped: Brown liquor with the fragrances of coffee and chai coming together in a pleasant way. Cinnamon overpowering some of the other notes though.

Taste: I really wanted to love this, but sadly it just doesn’t work for my palate. I like a good cup of coffee and I love a good cup of tea, but this one tasted like a flop on both sides. First steep was pretty overpowering cinnamon with a coffee aftertaste. I was getting some of the other spices, but I couldn’t really taste tea and the whole cup reminded me of watered down coffee with spices mixed in. For the 2nd steep, I added milk and then it tasted like a milky blend of spices and weak coffee. I didn’t do a 3rd steep because I wanted to move on to something else already. If you love loose leaf chai and cinnamon then this might be an interesting twist, but sadly it didn’t work out for me. Better luck next time!

I love coffee, and i love chai tea.. so obviously i wanted to try this tea.. but i didnt really like it :(

it was okay at first but then when i tried the rest of the sample.. it just tasted bad to me ..

Simply horrible…the Chai spicing is not too bad, but the coffee part makes it bitter and the flavours get all confused…not pleasant at all, will definitely not sip again.

Not very pleasant tasting. Although made to please coffee lovers, it doesn’t do it justice and is terribly bitter.

Organic Coffee Chai is really more of a chai tea than coffee. There is really no coffee taste in there at all (sorry to break the news to you). The chai taste takes over, and that’s all there really is.

cardamom is the main ingredient that you taste. Then there’s the cinnamon and ginger. They all combine to make this beautifully balanced spice mix that makes your taste buds go WILD.

Got this as a latte-to-go today purely because I was curious. Dry, it smelled odd. I could pick up a bit of the coffee,but it was mostly spices.

This isn’t something I would drink all the time… but it woke me up and mellowed me out, which, as a non morning person is always a help on those rare occasions I must be out of bed before noon. Its a very mellow chai, which to me could have used some more kick to it. But the coffee flavour wasn’t overpowering which is what I was worried of. Overall… I’m still pondering it. Not a usual combination of flavours, but its not offputting to me at all.

I actually like this less now than I did the first time. I really don’t like the smell of the tea. I think that has a huge effect on how I interpret the taste. I still don’t think it’s gross, on the flip side it’s also far from delicious. You can bet I won’t drink any more of this.

This tea doesn’t actually scream ‘coffee’ or ‘chai’ at me, but I really enjoy it. I drink it black with a fair helping of sugar and it tastes great. The cardamom fades a bit behind the cinnamon, and the tea is fairly subtle, well balanced, and perfect for autumn.

I’m not a coffee drinker in the least and don’t really like black teas. I got this as a sample with my first order from the site and gave it a taste…this is the only black tea I will drink!
I love it. The spices are just right and I don’t have to add anything to it. The coffee beans and the cinnamon add the nicest flavor to it. I don’t find it that strong at all.
It is the perfect pick me up on some mornings and will definitely be ordering more in the future!

And now my note gets lost in the abyss of the interweb. I try again…

I tried really hard to like this one, I really did. I love a good coffee almost as much as I love a good tea, so I figured this tea would be a no-brainer. When I got it as a free sample with my last order, I was excited to try it and then go rush out and buy it. Boy was I wrong. First strike: this tea has stevia in it. I HATE STEVIA. What is even the point of adding stevia to a tea?! If I wanted added sweetness, I’d add sugar/agave. If I don’t want added sweetness, don’t put a gross plant in it whether I like it or not. Yuck.

Strike two: the over-abundance of ginger. I really don’t like ginger. In anything. I figured it might have a few small pieces; that I can live with. It seemed like this was literally a third of my sample. It was just so much ginger it almost made me gag. I couldn’t deal with it.

Never in my life have I dumped tea down the drain, not even the dreaded Cherry Cola. I just couldn’t finish it. Down the drain it went. Perhaps one day I’ll find a DAVID’s TEA chai blend I actually like. The search continues…