Cocomint Cream

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Coconut Flakes, Natural Coconut Flavor, Peppermint, Spearmint
Coconut, Mint, Pineapple, Sweet, Cream
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “This is a great thermos tea! I didn't have much time to make tea this morning so I threw the leaves in and left. They were in there for nearly an hour, but the tea wasn't super strong - just hot!...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1700 tasting notes
  • “*small rant* I don't want to study! I really hate how my midterms are spaced out so much this term that I pretty much have 1 every week for a few months..I'm never finished them! Anyways, I have...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 969 tasting notes
  • “So I'm not a fan of mint in tea, but as is typical, couldn't resist picking up 10g of this anyways. I figured that I could always give away the rest, as my roommate likes mint, and my ex-roommate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2494 tasting notes
  • “Hooray! it’s December 1st! My hubby shaved off the not-so-hotso moustache he was growing for Movember. :{D No more poky face :D He did manage to raise some money and awareness for a good...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 351 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop
Coconut and mint might not be a familiar combo, but trust us. It’s seriously addictive. As soon as you open your first tin and experience its fresh, sweet-mint aroma, you’ll understand. It’s the kind of tea you always want to have within arm’s reach. It makes a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up. Or a perfect finale to any meal. Or a midnight snack that won’t keep you up all night. Refreshing, creamy, sweet and comforting, it’s everything a tea ought to be.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

i really like this tea! tastes so good <3

So Maybe. Just maybe. I do like Coconut. Because every tea with coconut in it I enjoy.

Anyways.

I just got this with my tea that I ordered from Davids. I think that I have had it before but I never wrote about it. This tea is wonderful. Just straight off the back. It has a very strong minty taste. If that is what you enjoy. Personally there is nothing better then having a strong mint tea. But this one just takes the cake. The mint in this tea is hardy and it is bold. It will demand your attention and make you pay attention to it, but that isn’t the cherry of the tea.

The best part is the subtle hint of the coconut. When I say subtle I mean subtle like a marching band. WHile the mint might be strong the true flavor comes out with the taste of the coconut. IT alters the taste the tea to make you literally look at your cup and say wow. You will want to sip slower and fully embrace the rich flavor of the tea and stick your nose in your cup to smell the flavor.

I have said that I don’t like coconut. But I think these teas are slowly changing my mind to this fruit. Anyways Happy Drinking!

This is a great smelling tea. The mint and the coconut really go together, and the other fruity notes surprisingly complement it. It’s not as sugary as I would imagine… for some reason the smell reminds me of a boozy pina colada. Which I really like ! ^_~ I think it’s probably better warm rather than cold… but that’s just my opinion.

This one was a no-go for me…I found it too creamy and with the mint it made me sick to my stomach :&. I might finish the package but will not go to get more. This one was dissapointing as I did like the smell and was excited to try it.

Today I wasn’t feeling great so I wanted a mint tea… mint always makes me feel better. The dried leaves smell like mint, which I expected. I don’t smell any coconut.

First sip… yum! It tastes like mint with a subtle coconut flavor in the background. I really like this. It is mint tea but with more complexity. I am going to steep it again, I read that the second steep might actually be better than the first.

Love this! Mint and coconut, my favourites.

I LOVE this tea! A perfect sweet and creamy blend of coconut and mint, with just a hint of fruitiness from the apple and blackberry leaves. It makes me think of a coconutty version of Razmintazz from Tealish (http://www.tealish.com/product-p/razmin.htm), one of my favourite mint teas.

Yum yum yum! What a bloody pleasant surprise! It’s been quite a while since DT has satisfied me with a new tea…

Aroma Creamy coconut, a heady waft of deliciousness
Flavour Decadent, smooth and wonderful. Mint done luxuriously…
Drinkability I have already taken to this tea like deer to an apple tree.

Sipdown, but I don’t get to deduct anything from my number since I apparently never entered this into my cupboard. Shame on me.

Anyway, this was a cold brew. A really gross cold brew. This was my first time trying this one, and I have to say that if this is what this blend has always tasted like, I’m shocked that DT brought it back – it’s so weird and funky, and I really disliked it.

Like, coconut (4261) and mint are one thing, but when you add the apple into there. Ew. What is that supposed to add or contribute!? Because for me it just made this tasted somewhat sour and funky because it clashed heavily with both kinds of mint in the blend. I didn’t finish it. I tried, but couldn’t do it.

This is a HUGE flop for me, and honestly I think it was a waste of a spot for the Winter teas. Someone please explain to me why it’s so popular…

Cameron B.

Uh oh… I’m scared. XD

Kittenna

Very weird that you got sourness. I’d point at bad coconut but I’m guessing you picked this up yourself, this year, from a DT… so it should be fresh. Admittedly, I haven’t cold-brewed this though. I think it’s the creamy-mint-herbal aspect of this that people like, and I don’t think the apple factors in much at all. Perhaps the cold-brew didn’t fully extract some of the other flavours, but got all the apple? Idk! (But hey, isn’t it kinda nice not to add another tea to the must-haves? :P)

MissLena

I have never gotten sourness from this lol, but then again I haven’t cold brewed it. I do find that this year’s has less mint than the previous version..but still tastes like a mint shortbread cookie mostly to me :) maybe just a bad batch?

Roswell Strange

It was like a Granny Smith apple kinda sour, which is NOT something that I think goes with Coconut. But, that aside, the apple was really strong in general. And Kittenna, definitely a fresh sample!