Cocomint Cream

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Coconut Flakes, Natural Coconut Flavor, Peppermint, Spearmint
Apple, Coconut, Dill, Grass, Lime, Spearmint, Dried Fruit, Mint, Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet, Toasted, Fruity, Herbs, Lemongrass, Sweet, warm grass, Creamy, Apple Skins, Cream, Pear, Smooth, Tropical, Pineapple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop
Coconut and mint might not be a familiar combo, but trust us. It’s seriously addictive. As soon as you open your first tin and experience its fresh, sweet-mint aroma, you’ll understand. It’s the kind of tea you always want to have within arm’s reach. It makes a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up. Or a perfect finale to any meal. Or a midnight snack that won’t keep you up all night. Refreshing, creamy, sweet and comforting, it’s everything a tea ought to be.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Other than the sickly sickly sweet flavour, this is a really good tea if you like odd flavour combinations. There is a strong flavour of toasted coconut, and some dried dried blackberry leaf and apple coming through. here is a slightly creaminess, but it is mostly from the coconut. You get the peppermint in the aftertaste. Overall it is really interesting, but not something I would buy again.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Dried Fruit, Mint, Peppermint, Sugar, Sweet, Toasted

Boiling 2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 400 ML

Old sample from Tea Sipper. Thank you!

Why is this so sweet? I don’t see anything in the ingredients listed here that accounts for the overpowering artificial sweetness. The sweetness utterly overpowers all other flavor, so even though some of those flavors are appealing, this is definitely not for me.

Flavors: Sweet

Boiling 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
KiwiDelight

I hated this when I tried a sample. It felt oily xP

rosebudmelissa

I think the only coconut tea I’ve tried that I like is Republic of Tea’s Chocolate Coconut, and even that is on the sweeter and more artifical end of teas I like.

I miss this, I love it unconditionally – probably my favorite David’s Tea ever. Good on its own, great with a little splash of milk. Let it steep basically forever, there are no bitter notes.

6 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Sipdown.

I was really excited when I first read the description for this one. It sounded minty and creamy – a perfect bedtime tea. The actual experience leaves something to be desired, however. The coconut is there, but not always and the mint varies between tolerable and overwhelming. I liked this a lot better as a work tea than as a tea I brewed at home.

Evol Ving Ness

The first time I tried this, it was nice. The subsequent times blech. meh.

Kristal

I remember 1-2 years ago having this tea and liked it. About 2 months ago I grabbed some from the staff room and it was rancid. It turned me off from it lol.

sundaysipping

Oh no! I’m so sorry!
Yeah, this one sounds like a good idea but I feel like the execution is a bit lacking.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #12
There is a LOT of this one in the teabox. Two pouches actually. It seems like a bunch of ingredients that wouldn’t work. But the flavor isn’t as bad as I’d suspect. It actually tastes a lot like I thought it would when I see ‘cocomint cream’. I can’t tell if all of those green leaves are mint or blackberry leaves. They seem odd in the blend either way. But it’s like creamy coconut that is smoothed even more by the apple, with only the tiniest hint of mint coming across in the end. But then there is a sour pickled flavor that isn’t as unpleasant as it seems (I don’t think it’s old coconut). ‘Dill’ is mentioned in the flavor list, so it isn’t just me. This one is a weirdie. But I’ll try most teas once. :D

It tastes like a double mint tea to me with a bit of sweetness from the apple and a creaminess from the coconut. The two levels of mint seem to tingle different parts of my tongue: the peppermint affects the flat centre while the spearmint lingers on the very tip.

Soothing and calming, perhaps. Less so for me as I am not a big fan of mint.
I am hoping that the second steeping will be better after mint attack has softened a bit.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Peppermint, Spearmint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really want to love this tea. It smells awesome dried – the apple and coconut blend together so well. Brewed though, the mint heavily dominates the flavour. I was going to review this yesterday, but thought maybe I spooned it out with too much mint and wanted to give it another go. Today, I made sure to get lots of apple and coconut pieces, and yet it’s still mostly just the spearmint and peppermint flavours that I taste. There’s a slight flourish of apple as you swallow, but the coconut and apple are heavily masked by all of the mint. I noticed that more flavour seems to come out as it cools, but it’s still too subtle for my preference. I would recommend it as a simple mint tea, I find mint teas generally to be nicely soothing. But the rub is that you’re not paying for a simple mint tea given all of the pieces of apple and coconut. If you are looking for more complexity than the mint alone, I just couldn’t find it here, and not for lack of trying. I think I’ll stick to the mint chocolate rooibos when I want a creamy mint tea.

Flavors: Apple, Peppermint, Spearmint

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Kristal

I got some o this tea a couple weeks ago from work, bu7t after brewing it up I discovered it went rancid. Must have been more than a year old :(

CelticBrew

Oh dear, rancid tea does not sound good at all!

Sipdown :)

I cold brewed up the remaining leaf I had of this for 36 hours. I have had it for about 7 months so I wanted to err on the side of caution and use it up before the coconut turned rancid. I added only about a tablespoon of organic sugar syrup to the large glass pitcher I used to brew it. It came out pretty good. Slightly creamy, strongly minty, with hints of coconut and apple. The coconut produced the creaminess in the tea, I think. It was a pleasant blend, but I don’t see myself searching it out in the future.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Creamy, Mint, Spearmint

A note for next Christmas when they bring this tea back.

I had ordered 300g of this tea during Christmas and came in terrible (Extremely bitter, too much peppermint, not sweet), I had talked to some friends of mine and the employees at DAVIDs and they had both came across this problem. I used to enjoy it but since I drank a cup of the bad batch I cant drink anymore. Beware my fellow steepers
(I had followed all instructions on bag as well)

Sigh….oh David, you know I love you, but this tea…I’m not sure what you were thinking. How do apples, mint and coconut somehow taste like pickles? All I taste and smell are dill pickles when I drink this tea. Like, minty dill pickles. I find most teas at least drinkable but I have poured my tea down the drain every time I’ve re-tried this one.