Cocomint Cream

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Coconut Flakes, Natural Coconut Flavor, Peppermint, Spearmint
Sweet, Apple, Peppermint, Coconut, Spearmint, Creamy, Mint, Dill, Apple Skins, Cream, Pear, Smooth, Tropical, Grass, Fruity, Pineapple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop
Coconut and mint might not be a familiar combo, but trust us. It’s seriously addictive. As soon as you open your first tin and experience its fresh, sweet-mint aroma, you’ll understand. It’s the kind of tea you always want to have within arm’s reach. It makes a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up. Or a perfect finale to any meal. Or a midnight snack that won’t keep you up all night. Refreshing, creamy, sweet and comforting, it’s everything a tea ought to be.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I miss this, I love it unconditionally – probably my favorite David’s Tea ever. Good on its own, great with a little splash of milk. Let it steep basically forever, there are no bitter notes.

6 min, 45 sec 3 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Peppermint smell which translates into the tisane; additional sweetness from the apples and coconuts.

Flavors: Apple, Peppermint

Sipdown.

I was really excited when I first read the description for this one. It sounded minty and creamy – a perfect bedtime tea. The actual experience leaves something to be desired, however. The coconut is there, but not always and the mint varies between tolerable and overwhelming. I liked this a lot better as a work tea than as a tea I brewed at home.

Evol Ving Ness

The first time I tried this, it was nice. The subsequent times blech. meh.

Kristal

I remember 1-2 years ago having this tea and liked it. About 2 months ago I grabbed some from the staff room and it was rancid. It turned me off from it lol.

sundaysipping

Oh no! I’m so sorry!
Yeah, this one sounds like a good idea but I feel like the execution is a bit lacking.

2044 tasting notes

Here’s Hoping Traveling Teabox – Round #5 – Tea #12
There is a LOT of this one in the teabox. Two pouches actually. It seems like a bunch of ingredients that wouldn’t work. But the flavor isn’t as bad as I’d suspect. It actually tastes a lot like I thought it would when I see ‘cocomint cream’. I can’t tell if all of those green leaves are mint or blackberry leaves. They seem odd in the blend either way. But it’s like creamy coconut that is smoothed even more by the apple, with only the tiniest hint of mint coming across in the end. But then there is a sour pickled flavor that isn’t as unpleasant as it seems (I don’t think it’s old coconut). ‘Dill’ is mentioned in the flavor list, so it isn’t just me. This one is a weirdie. But I’ll try most teas once. :D

It tastes like a double mint tea to me with a bit of sweetness from the apple and a creaminess from the coconut. The two levels of mint seem to tingle different parts of my tongue: the peppermint affects the flat centre while the spearmint lingers on the very tip.

Soothing and calming, perhaps. Less so for me as I am not a big fan of mint.
I am hoping that the second steeping will be better after mint attack has softened a bit.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Peppermint, Spearmint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I really want to love this tea. It smells awesome dried – the apple and coconut blend together so well. Brewed though, the mint heavily dominates the flavour. I was going to review this yesterday, but thought maybe I spooned it out with too much mint and wanted to give it another go. Today, I made sure to get lots of apple and coconut pieces, and yet it’s still mostly just the spearmint and peppermint flavours that I taste. There’s a slight flourish of apple as you swallow, but the coconut and apple are heavily masked by all of the mint. I noticed that more flavour seems to come out as it cools, but it’s still too subtle for my preference. I would recommend it as a simple mint tea, I find mint teas generally to be nicely soothing. But the rub is that you’re not paying for a simple mint tea given all of the pieces of apple and coconut. If you are looking for more complexity than the mint alone, I just couldn’t find it here, and not for lack of trying. I think I’ll stick to the mint chocolate rooibos when I want a creamy mint tea.

Flavors: Apple, Peppermint, Spearmint

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML
Kristal

I got some o this tea a couple weeks ago from work, bu7t after brewing it up I discovered it went rancid. Must have been more than a year old :(

CelticBrew

Oh dear, rancid tea does not sound good at all!

Sipdown :)

I cold brewed up the remaining leaf I had of this for 36 hours. I have had it for about 7 months so I wanted to err on the side of caution and use it up before the coconut turned rancid. I added only about a tablespoon of organic sugar syrup to the large glass pitcher I used to brew it. It came out pretty good. Slightly creamy, strongly minty, with hints of coconut and apple. The coconut produced the creaminess in the tea, I think. It was a pleasant blend, but I don’t see myself searching it out in the future.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Creamy, Mint, Spearmint

A note for next Christmas when they bring this tea back.

I had ordered 300g of this tea during Christmas and came in terrible (Extremely bitter, too much peppermint, not sweet), I had talked to some friends of mine and the employees at DAVIDs and they had both came across this problem. I used to enjoy it but since I drank a cup of the bad batch I cant drink anymore. Beware my fellow steepers
(I had followed all instructions on bag as well)

Sigh….oh David, you know I love you, but this tea…I’m not sure what you were thinking. How do apples, mint and coconut somehow taste like pickles? All I taste and smell are dill pickles when I drink this tea. Like, minty dill pickles. I find most teas at least drinkable but I have poured my tea down the drain every time I’ve re-tried this one.

This tea is okay, but i find it tastes like Camomile tea far too much. The only way I can drink it is if I’m going straight to sleep or mixed with a chocolate flavored tea like Java Macha from Teavana or Chocolate Rocket from David’s Tea. All in all its an okay tea with not much flavour and a slight hint of mint. Not my thing!

Flavors: Mint