Cocomint Cream

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Coconut Flakes, Natural Coconut Flavor, Peppermint, Spearmint
Apple Skins, Coconut, Cream, Mint, Apple, Pear, Creamy, Smooth, Tropical, Grass, Spearmint, Fruity, Sweet, Pineapple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop
Coconut and mint might not be a familiar combo, but trust us. It’s seriously addictive. As soon as you open your first tin and experience its fresh, sweet-mint aroma, you’ll understand. It’s the kind of tea you always want to have within arm’s reach. It makes a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up. Or a perfect finale to any meal. Or a midnight snack that won’t keep you up all night. Refreshing, creamy, sweet and comforting, it’s everything a tea ought to be.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was part of a trio of holiday teas that had been discounted after the holidays, and it was in fact the part that made me hesitant to buy the set as coconut is the ultimate hit-or-miss flavor for me. Fortunately for me, this is definitely a hit!

Taken as a whole, this tea reminds me of… leaves. If I weren’t aware of the ingredients, I would definitely think there was at least a touch of green tea in here, but that’s not the case. When I look for individual notes I get: a lot of spearmint, mild apple, and coconut mainly in the aftertaste. The spearmint they use is really lovely, it gives the whole thing a surprising amount of body. And it’s naturally quite sweet, which is nice as I’d rather not load up on sugar or sweeteners before bed.

So if this blend has caught your eye but you’re hesitant about a specific ingredient, I’d say it’s worth a try! I don’t think the combination would ultimately work for everyone, but leafy and minty is a good thing in my book.

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Grass, Spearmint

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

This tea is a true spearmint flavor, with a nice swirl of creamy coconut. A really enjoyable cup that is a little off pace with my usual warm flavors for the winter months. The sips are light and crisp with a soft cooling linger.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Mint, Spearmint

I got so much tea for Christmas that I just can’t drink it fast enough!
Cocomint cream has a really nice smell to it, definitely mint and coconut but the taste isn’t overwhelmingly minty, it’s just a nice combination of the two. I Usually add some sugar but for me this one doesn’t need it!
Okay I’m halfway through the cup and im going to try it with some sugar and a small splash of cream ( it is called Cocomint cream amiright? Might as well test it out!)
WOW. Okay this is really good. I normally only like milk in chai teas but this is really quite nice! Yep. I’d definitely have it like this again. I’m giving it a rating in between with cream and without cream added.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Mint

Thank you Naylynn for sending this tea my way as part of the Christmas Card Swap. The package you sent was exceptionally generous!

I like the combination of coconut and spearmint in this blend. It’s different enough from the other coconut teas I have to stand out. There’s also a sweet pineapple flavor which is yummy. I don’t get any sort of creamy note, but I don’t mind.

I may pick up some of this when summer rolls around. This seems like it’d make an excellent iced/cold brew tea.

albertocanfly

mmm..this one is so delicious. Might have to save some for a cold brew. Now that you mentioned it, it sounds delicious!! :]

I have had Simpson and Vail’s recreation of this tea and enjoyed it, so I was excited to try the original when they brought it back. This one is sweeter and is fine without sugar added. Does it have a sweetener in it already? Stevia? There is more apple in this one with a tartness to it. A little more mellow on the coconut. As I get through more of the cup, the sweetness is putting me off. I think I like the recreation better than the original.

I always get at least one or two different teas for Christmas despite my boyfriend loudly (and publicly) moaning and groaning over how much I already have. This year I got a bunch of those little stackable tins from DT’s winter collection. I’ve had a look at this particular blend in the store in the past but I’ve always passed it by because of the way it smells strongly of dill (despite there not being any dill in the tea at all).

However it seems that I unfairly maligned this tea as it’s actually very nice (and thankfully nothing like dill pickles). The coconut give it a smooth creamy flavour that goes well with the cool, fresh mint. I’m glad to have found a caffeine-free herbal tea that isn’t a tart fruit flavour.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I like coconut, and I like mint, but I’m not sure if I like them together. Hmm. Or maybe the ingredients have changed from last year because this tastes different than what I remember it being.

The coconut aroma was amazing, combined with the sweet mint aromas. However, taste-wise it was a strange combo – the mint was more prevalent and coconut more subtle, so it was more of a fruity-mint tasting brew, where the coconut was smelt more than it could be tasted.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Fruity, Mint

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

I like coconut and I like mint, but I defiantly don’t like them together. I even added a chocoalte honey stick to see if it would appeal to me more….nope. After a couple of sips I poured the mug out. Perhaps I’m missing something but I have no idea why everyone loves this one so much.

Flavors: Coconut, Mint

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
raven22

I like this one, but it’s just an average taste to me – there are so many more options I will try before I go to this one!

cretia

Really? Ok i dont feel so bad. Its just not for me, I really liked the coconut but didnt like the mint right after. I will continue my quest for a good mint tea and a good coconut tea, seperate this time lol

raven22

In this case, separate is better, LOL. There are so many mint teas out there, so good luck on that quest! :P

This smells very spearminty and vanilla-y. There are what look obviously like apple pieces and then a whole ton of little white cubes, which look like sponge pieces but I guess were pineapple? I taste apple, a bit of mint and chamomile – though that isn’t in the listed ingredients. I tried adding cream but that just made it stranger. Another David’s that is not for me. Thanks for the sample, NayLynn!