Cocomint Cream

Herbal Tea
Apple, Blackberry Leaves, Coconut Flakes, Natural Coconut Flavor, Peppermint, Spearmint
Coconut, Mint, Apple, Grass, Spearmint, Creamy, Cream, Fruity, Sweet, Pineapple
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.

2 Images

• “This is a great thermos tea! I didn't have much time to make tea this morning so I threw the leaves in and left. They were in there for nearly an hour, but the tea wasn't super strong - just hot!...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1708 tasting notes
  • “*small rant* I don't want to study! I really hate how my midterms are spaced out so much this term that I pretty much have 1 every week for a few months..I'm never finished them! Anyways, I have...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1014 tasting notes
  • “So I'm not a fan of mint in tea, but as is typical, couldn't resist picking up 10g of this anyways. I figured that I could always give away the rest, as my roommate likes mint, and my ex-roommate...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2661 tasting notes
  • “Hooray! it’s December 1st! My hubby shaved off the not-so-hotso moustache he was growing for Movember. :{D No more poky face :D He did manage to raise some money and awareness for a good...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 353 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Cream of the crop
Coconut and mint might not be a familiar combo, but trust us. It’s seriously addictive. As soon as you open your first tin and experience its fresh, sweet-mint aroma, you’ll understand. It’s the kind of tea you always want to have within arm’s reach. It makes a sweet little afternoon pick-me-up. Or a perfect finale to any meal. Or a midnight snack that won’t keep you up all night. Refreshing, creamy, sweet and comforting, it’s everything a tea ought to be.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like coconut and I like mint, but I defiantly don’t like them together. I even added a chocoalte honey stick to see if it would appeal to me more….nope. After a couple of sips I poured the mug out. Perhaps I’m missing something but I have no idea why everyone loves this one so much.

Flavors: Coconut, Mint

6 min, 0 sec 1 tsp
raven22

I like this one, but it’s just an average taste to me – there are so many more options I will try before I go to this one!

cretia

Really? Ok i dont feel so bad. Its just not for me, I really liked the coconut but didnt like the mint right after. I will continue my quest for a good mint tea and a good coconut tea, seperate this time lol

raven22

In this case, separate is better, LOL. There are so many mint teas out there, so good luck on that quest! :P

This smells very spearminty and vanilla-y. There are what look obviously like apple pieces and then a whole ton of little white cubes, which look like sponge pieces but I guess were pineapple? I taste apple, a bit of mint and chamomile – though that isn’t in the listed ingredients. I tried adding cream but that just made it stranger. Another David’s that is not for me. Thanks for the sample, NayLynn!

Eh..I was going into this one expecting something totally different. There’s a lot of spearmint in this tea, kinda creamy, but not much depth to it.
Can’t say I’m super disappointed with it since I wasn’t super excited to try it in the first place, but glad I got to try it. I just don’t understand the hype about it. xD
Thank you for the sample though, NayLynn (?)! And the cute Christmas card!

Flavors: Spearmint

Blodeuyn

I hated this one. Can’t even stand to smell it!

Ost

What turned you off so much?

Blodeuyn

I think it was the combination of coconut and peppermint . Just smelled really artificial and meh.

Ost

Yeah :/

I’m usually not a big fan of mint teas, but I smelled this one in the store and I found it interesting. The taste is interesting too, it makes me think of a hot mojito, quite refreshing when I want to end my meal on a sweet note but I’m too stuffed for something more decadent. Don’t need to add anything to it because it’s already sweetened.

Flavors: Mint

Day 8 of the advent calendar. Very coconutty and minty with a touch of fruitiness. When I was buying this tea a salesperson at David’s Tea told me that he didn’t like this tea because the taste reminded him of toothpaste. He recommended “Mint to Be” instead. I decided to try this one anyway since everyone has different tastes. I’m happy to say that it doesn’t remind me of toothpaste and that I liked it!

Flavors: Coconut, Fruity, Spearmint

Oh dear, this is like drinking an Almond Joy-Peppermint patty baby, which is not a positive experience. Its not horrid as far as coconut goes, and the mint will mask the worst of it, but its still strangely reminiscent of toothpaste. Where are the apple and blackberry leaves!? They could have made a huge difference.

Flavors: Coconut, Spearmint

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Day 8 of the 24 Days of Tea calendar

Well…I knew it would happen sometime between the 1st and the 24th. A coconut tea. Yuck. I detest coconut. Bright side of this tea: the coconut flakes are BIG and can be picked out. The downside of this tea: there’s also “coconut flavouring” in the tea that obviously can’t be removed. Lovely. Why you gotta put so much coconut in your teas, David?! WHY?

I was expecting not to like this one at all. Not. At. All. Grossest of the Grossness. The smell, though…wasn’t so bad. Sure it was coconut-y, but almost like sunscreen? Not like actual coconut. “Simulated coconut tropical sunshine smell”. Weird. You don’t expect to ever drink that scent, but it is what it is.

Picked as much of the coconut crap out of this as I could prior to steeping, so my review is somewhat biased. Still got the wha-bam of coconut flavour once I added the water, though. And I must say…it almost tastes like I’m drinking watery sunscreen. This isn’t a pleasant taste. It’s not NEARLY as terrible as I thought it would be, thanks to the mint leaves, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to say this is good. Nope, definitely wouldn’t.

Verdict: you couldn’t pay me enough to buy it.

Just a couple more of these David’s winter/holiday teas to go! (Thanks again to Roswell Strange for sending me samples!) This one sounds rather odd to me, but some Steepsterites seem to really enjoy it. The tisane is mostly chunks of apple, though I can see coconut shreds and some crushed leaves. Dry scent is quite minty but I can smell the creamy coconut as well.

The aroma is both minty and coconutty as well, but there’s also some kind of weird sour-ish scent that I don’t enjoy. Okay, this isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I think that slight tart taste comes from the apples, but it’s not tart enough to be weird with the coconut. The mint is super subtle and just adds a nice freshness, while the coconut is smooth and creamy. Actually pretty good! :P

Flavors: Apple, Coconut, Creamy, Mint, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Christina

I was really excited to try this, but when I checked it out in-store, the dry leaf smelled, of all things, like dill pickle.

The sales rep told me someone else said the same thing. I doubt they’d put dill in, but I really do wonder what that sour note you mentioned is…

Cameron B.

I think the sour was just the apple, because it was giving a very slight tartness in the flavor as well. It does have a little bit of an herbaceous note similar to dill – I think it’s the combination of the mint and the raspberry leaf perhaps?

Sipdown! I’m finding that I really love coconut teas. I’m much more forgiving of their faults and I seem to reach for them more often. This is one I didn’t expect to like at all, but it’s shockingly good. It tastes like a creamy coconut drink with mint for a garnish! There’s apple in here too, but interestingly it just enhances the mint flavor. I would definitely buy this one.

Steeped up this tea again today. It tasted a little bit different from the first time I had made it. I tasted more of the apple this time and a little bit more coconut which made it more creamy. The mint was still the major flavor in it but the other favors aren’t overshadowed like they were last time. Definitely a tea to keep!