Banana Dream Pie (organic)

Banana, Black Tea, Cocoa, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Flavours, White Chocolate
banana, Chocolate
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Pie in the sky

When it comes to dreaming up new teas, sometimes inspiration just randomly strikes. It usually happens in the middle of a really great dessert. So you can probably imagine how this decadent flavour came to be. We’ll give you a hint: it involved a chocolate banana cream pie. We tried out dozens of blends before we found the perfect one – a rich, chocolatey black tea blend with pieces of ripe banana and creamy white chocolate. It tastes like a dream come true.

Ingredients: Black tea, cocoa nibs, banana pieces, white chocolate, cocoa powder.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really liked this tea. When I picked it up from DT, I originally asked for only 15 grams so that I could just try it, but after I smelled it I upped it to 25 grams and I’m glad I did. This tea tastes really good. It reminds me of banana bread with chocolate chips. I only brewed it for 5 minutes and it was a tad weak for me, I think I will take the suggestion already posted on here about brewing it for longer. I found this tea was quite sweet and did not need any additional sugar, but I did add a dash of half and half. Made me think of banana bread with whipped cream. Mmmm.

When I brewed this, I put it in my tea ball in a clear mug and walked away. When I returned, I was shocked to see that the water was quite cloudy and there were bits of sediment in the liquor. Turns out the banana pieces actually dissolved. I’m sure this contributes to the banana taste, I just wasn’t expecting it!

The first time I made this one I thought it tasted like watery banana. Not good. My friend recommended that I steep in longer, so I tried.

It tastes like a banana chocolate milkshake! It’s pretty good, if you like Banana and chocolate you will love it. I personally still like CCC the best from the winter collection. SO EXCITED FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION THIS WEEK!!

Boiling 8 min or more
Aimee Popovacki

mmmm i melted a mini halloween sized jersey milk bar into it. it tastes like these chocolate bars from croatia that our baba would give us as kids.. they were ultimately banana marshmallow covered in dark chocolate… davids captured that exact flavour!

Want to thank Stephanie for this sample. What a delightful tea! It was the name that drew me to it first. Seems like Davids tea has many interesting names that I would like to try. Wish places would sell more sampling packs. Anyway…

The dry smell is amazing. It’s a nice light scent which I find interesting for a black tea. When you brew it the smell becomes stronger. I don’t think it really smells like chocolate bananas until you steep it. Then there’s the taste. I’m not a huge fan of the chocolate dipped bananas but I find myself eating one whenever I am in a place that sells them. This tea pretty much tastes like a light version of one of those.

I’ve just read through the description and kinda wish I had before I gave some to my husband cause it has dairy. Luckily it doesn’t have enough for it to effect him. But I am going to add contains dairy to the end of the description for others like him.

Stephanie

Glad you enjoyed it! Sorry about the dairy…

Skysamurai

hehe no worries! It’s just apart of life.

Sipdown number 2! This was my choice for the morning, or one of them rather. It’s also okay. DT recommended 5 minutes of steep time which I think my have been a little much for this tea to handle. It’s a bit astringent now, and I’m pretty sure I had another little sample pack of this before and like it more so hmm. Added a wee bit of sugar to sweeten it up and it definitely tastes a bit better now, like a slightly bitter chocolate covered banana. I think I may count this is a mess up.

I am not enjoying work today, simply because I would rather be at home watching Game of Thrones all day. My fiance and I watched it like all weekend, WE CANNOT GET ENOUGH (still on season 1 though).

Anyway… had this as a sample from my last order and have finally gotten around to tasting it. It actually smells like chocolate and banana. Taste wise, I notice the chocolate flavor first, followed by the banana. I bet this is how a Bluth Frozen Banana tastes.

i had a sample of this one a while ago, i thought i reviewed it but i guess not!
i just got another 100g in the mail today, does that say enough?
this is probably one of the most amazing teas i’ve had from David’s since Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble!
tastes JUST like a banana chocolate pie, so delicious.

This tea smells like the freshest moistest dark chocolate pieces with banana hidden inside.Can’t wait to try it.It is sexy dark and silky smelling.

I’m not usually a fan of banana in my tea but the chocolate is selling me hard on it being a delightful addition.

As for taste it is chocolate banana with a astringent black tea base.
Once steeped it gets dark liquor wise and the aroma is even more beguiling.

I’m not sure I love it it seems pretty bitter ( like dark chocolate we which I’m not a fan of).

If you don’t like dark chocolate you will dislike this tea a great deal.
If you like it then you’ll love this.

I don’t taste a whole lot of banana here, but it’s still a great tea.

This is truly a perfect dessert tea, I was unsure when I purchased this tea as the banana in it give its a smell that I can only compare to alcohol so I was slightly unsure. But doing with the face I haven’t had a bad tea from Davids I pulled the trigger.

Dry the black tea leaves are contrasted by large banana chunks and chocolate flakes. It has a pungent banana smell that as mentioned could be compared to something alcoholic.

The final brew doesn’t really look like or smell like banana cream pie, but it certainly has a pretty comparable taste. I drink this tea with two tsp. of sugar to really make it feel like a liquid dessert, up side is I could drink it all day and not worry about calorie intake!

I don’t think I like this tea. I tried it twice and I am still unsure. I might see if either of my sisters would like it, or put it up for a swap. I’m glad I only got one of those small pouches of this when I was in David’s Tea the other week.

It tastes like chocolate and bananas, something I normally would like. I added milk and a little sugar. It is drinkable, but not sure what it is I don’t like. It’s a very unattractive looking drink, has dark brown chocolate smudges floating on the surface. Maybe if i don’t look at it…