Banana Dream Pie (organic)

Banana, Black Tea, Cocoa, Cocoa Nibs, Natural Flavours, White Chocolate
Chocolate
Medium
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Pie in the sky

When it comes to dreaming up new teas, sometimes inspiration just randomly strikes. It usually happens in the middle of a really great dessert. So you can probably imagine how this decadent flavour came to be. We’ll give you a hint: it involved a chocolate banana cream pie. We tried out dozens of blends before we found the perfect one – a rich, chocolatey black tea blend with pieces of ripe banana and creamy white chocolate. It tastes like a dream come true.

Ingredients: Black tea, cocoa nibs, banana pieces, white chocolate, cocoa powder.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This one is okay. It definitely tastes like bananas, although it wasn’t as tasty as I was expecting. I can’t help but feel it somewhat tastes like old bananas, although it doesn’t stop me from drinking it (is that weird?).

I’m usually not too crazy about black teas but this one makes for a nice treat. Has a nice mix of cocoa and a banana liquor in the scent. Was smooth and tasty on its own, and adding a teaspoon of honey and a splash of whole milk made it into a full on dessert.

I smelled the chocolate chips first (the recipe says “white chocolate,” but I just smelled cocoa), then got the delicious light taste of banana (not overripe banana), with a very slight creaminess.

I don’t know if I would drink this tea regularly enough to buy some. Having said that, my girlfriend makes a mean banana bread with chocolate chips, rhubarb and ginger, and I think this tea would go well with it…