Cookie Dough

White Tea
Almonds, Artificial Flavouring, Brittle, Caramel, Chocolate, Cocoa, Walnuts, White Tea
Butter, Cookie, Sweet, Sour, White Chocolate
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Dough it up

One of the best things about winter is baking tons of cookies. Or more specifically, snacking on the cookie dough. But when you don’t have time to fire up the oven and get baking, this deliciously sweet white tea blend is the next best thing. With almonds, walnuts, caramel, brittle and chocolate chips, it’s like brewing up an instant sugar cookie. Only this version is even good for you – it’s the perfect guilt-free treat to get you through the winter. Don’t forget to lick the spoon! Limited edition.

Ingredients: White tea, cocoa peel, almonds, walnuts, cream caramel pieces, roasted cocoa brittle, chocolate chips, artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I first got this I tried it hot and did not like it much, tasted like over cooked cookies but iced was better because I prefer cookie dough over cookies. It remind me of store bought cookie dough. I hoarded this for to long, I finally finished it today and it is to old to mention anything great about it. oh-well I’m glad I got to try it after it was discontinued.

I love cookies but never liked the taste of raw cookie dough. It’s not the flavor that grosses me out but the idea that it’s uncooked batter. I still wanted to try this because my curiosity “I wonder if it really DOES taste like that” gets the best of me.

In this case, it was a pleasant surprise. Since there’s no uneasiness of eating something raw, I’m really able to enjoy the flavor. And yes, this really does taste like cookie dough! I thought that adding cream would enhance the doughy flavor but I was wrong and instead, it muted it. Next time I’ll just stick to adding a dash of sugar.

This is a queued tasting note.

Was digging around in my roommate’s tea/coffee cupboard for some generic green tea bags for a tea bath and instead found a practically untouched and long since forgotten about 100g of this tea! Man, it’s so old by now. I immediately had to try it because I knew I’d tried it before and wanted to see the comparison of my notes from two years ago and my thoughts now.

So, just finished going through the tea notes I wrote two years ago: I was a big fan! I found this sweet, with a good range of flavour notes. In fact, I gave it a “90” rating!

There were some differences between then and now though: the big one is that back then I didn’t really cold brew. At least, not the way I do now. So, I had this hot back then but my current tasting was cold brewed. Also, while I think general observations made about this tea back then hold true I found that the strong chocolate and nutty notes (which were consistent with what I described in the old tasting notes) were personally too sweet and cloying for me. I was almost turned off by just how rich this tasted! But I mean, that’s likely what they were going for. Cookie Dough is one of those things that IS really, really sweet and you should probably be at least a little expectant of that.

If we were to see a reappearance of this tea in the next little while I wouldn’t be shocked. DAVIDsTEA has been so into sweeter teas as of late that this would fit in perfectly with what’s currently on the tea wall. Personally, I’m less of a fan now than I was two years ago.

VariaTEA

I wonder if age had any impact on the leaf.

Roswell Strange

It’s possible, but the tea was actually perfectly stored because, as I said, Shauna bought it and then very obviously never touched it again. It was a 100g tin with about 90g left, pushed to the back of a dark cupboard away from any heat sources. I don’t think she could have stored it better if she tried :P

Kristal

Wow, I remember this tea! I loved it 2-3 years ago, but now it would not be one I would purchase. Crazy how tastes change.

VariaTEA

Haha well done Shauna!

Cookie dough is a white tea, and yes, it tastes like cookie dough. The walnuts were fun to eat after I was done steeping :P It has been part of the Winter collection for quite a while now! I’m pretty sure this one will keep coming back each year because it is so good :)

I turned it into ice cubes to help combat the local heatwave. It turned out really well! It smells faintly of cookie dough and has a lovely carmelized flavour with a slight hint of chocolate.

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m done my tin of this omg. It’s so good, and I really hope that it comes back for the winter collection this year. Lots of good memories attached to it.

Amazing!! The only bad thing is that it costs a little more than some of the other teas on davids tea website also this is only my second post and im on my tablet which wont let me move the rating.

Smells very good, but it does not taste much. I’ll retry it with hotter water later.

Aaaaah… I needed this. It’s warm and sweet. I needed it after my snow filled day. I get a light caramely taste, it almost tastes like a crime brûlée. I think I didn’t steep it enough, next time I am going to add a couple of minutes to the timer. At 5 minutes I find it a bit light and I think there will be more depth with a longer steep. It might also taste great with a touch of milk.

Oh my soul, this is good! I had been wanting to try it for a while, but I’m a little hesitant to purchase white tea before sampling it because it’s so darn expensive!! Thankfully a friend received it as a sample with her last order and I was able to give it a try. I’m in love!! It had such a nice buttery vanilla-y flavour that I could have easily drank the whole pot! Will definitely be ordering 100 g of this bad boy when it’s back in stock!!