Merry Cranberry

Fruit Green Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Urgh. Last tea sipdown for the evening (very early morning??) I can feel my bladder protesting strongly already... (Protesting me even sampling this tea, not this being my last one for the...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Jeez, this one has star anise too? Not as obvious as Ceylon Star but I think DavidsTea has a new favorite ingredient hahaha. This one seems heavy too, I got an ounce of it but I don't think...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1195 tasting notes
  • “The dry mix is so heavy with fruit, which makes for one expensive tea. I used my entire 20 gram sample to make this cup, and being the frugalista that I am, this already starts me off on the wrong...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This reminds me of licorice jellybeans because it has a real sweetness to it, and the anise is the most attention-grabbing flavour (and then light cinnamon)... perfect after-dinner tea. The only...” Read full tasting note
    Ozli 299 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Kissably festive

When we think of the holidays, we imagine ourselves playing in the snow, or sitting in front of a roaring fire. But let’s face it, we all spend most of the season in our kitchens. There are cookies to bake. Feasts to prepare. And most importantly, tea to brew. Like this festive fruit-and-spice green tea blend, bursting with cranberries, apples, cinnamon and star anise. One cup fills us with so much holiday cheer, we feel like jumping up and kissing someone. But maybe that’s just because the secret ingredient is mistletoe…

Ingredients: Cranberry, apple, green tea, mistletoe leaves, star anise, cinnamon, blackberry leaves, safflower, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had this one as a cup to go today and I have to say that I was slightly disapointed. I expected the flavour of cranberry to be in the forefront with a spice lingering in the back yet, I was overwhelmed with the spice and none of the cranberry. The tea was slightly tart and that was the only hint of cranberry that I got. Overall, I think that the tea was ok and I was certainly able to finish the cup yet, I would not be upset if it didnt come back next year.

Yum, yum, yum! A great holiday drink!!

The spiciness of this tea really balances out the strong flavor of the cranberries. I’ve always loved the combination of star anise and in this tea it comes through once again.
This is bar none the best flavored green tea I’ve tried.
(Also very festive)

I picked up this one today with the other two holiday teas. I love all the gift sets DavidsTea has come out with this year.

This one is sweeter than Elf Help. I like it, but I don’t know how much I’ll end up drinking just because I’m not really a regular green tea drinker. I would rather have a nice oolong.

I find that this tea tastes more like licorice than anything else (from the star anise), and then there is also a slight cinnamon flavor. I’m not too sure what mistletoe leaves or blackberry leaves taste like but I’m sure that they make a great contribution to this tea, giving it its fantastic Christmas vibe. There is really no cranberry taste in here which I find really odd because I thought they would make the tea really tart, but nope, not a trace!

This is really awful. Doesn’t taste of cranberries at all.
In fact, it’s a bit bitter and tastes like medicine.
I think it’s because they have way too many obscure spices in there instead of cranberries. I was expecting CRANBERRIES. Instead it’s the worst mix of both spicy and bitter.
I’m dumping it.

This one is alright but just didn’t win for me. I think there was a little too much going on and everything was trying to be the star in this picture. The star anise, cranberry and apples all wanted to be important. Not a bad tea but I won’t be buying this one again if it shows up at Christmas.

I tried this tea in store and thought it was okay, so I decided to purchase a small bag for at home to get myself in the “Christmas spirit”. It’s a nice tea – I’m normally not a fan of fruit in tea. The star anise was a nice touch – It created this fruity, spicy, cinnamon-y concoction that was actually pretty good! AND it was festive!

BUT

I bought 25g and it barely made two cups. VERY heavy tea. Not worth a re-buy in my opinion on this alone. This should have also been blended with a rooibos or something that can handle the temperatures needed to steep fruit to get the flavours wanted. Greens go bitter when the water is too hot so in a way this tea was fickle to brew.

I do enjoy this tea quite a lot but I’m pretty sure Mistletoe was deadly poisonous so I’m assuming this is just an artificial flavouring? If so is there any way to find the original ingredient so I can make sure it isn’t too chemically?