Super Ginger (organic)

Herbal Rooibos Blend
Black Pepper, Ginger, Medicinal, Peppercorn, Rooibos, Spicy, Dirt, Earth, Honey, Pepper
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

Your late-night superhero

The idea came at about 2 in the morning one chilly night. David had a cold. He’d been drinking cup after cup of ginger tea, but there was a problem. His ginger tea had a ton of caffeine. His throat felt great, but he couldn’t get any sleep. Something had to be done. So he decided to create an herbal ginger tea – the spiciest, most comforting tisane he could imagine, with lots of ginger, peppercorns and green rooibos. And, most importantly, zero caffeine. The result? A cold remedy so soothing…you might even say it has superpowers. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Ginger, Fair Trade Certified green rooibos, pink peppercorns, black pepper, white pepper, flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This has been on my list for the past year and I finally tried it for the first time on Monday! I’ve been fighting a flu since late last week and stocked up on a few teas to help me get through it. Of course, Cold 911 was on my list and so was Super Ginger. I picked up about 30g of this the other day and was unsure about it due to its very overpowering smell. I do have to say that when steeped, the smell mellows out and the taste is much less impactful than I had expected (which was a relief). This tea has a nice spice to it from the peppercorns and the ginger lends a citrusy note which wakes up the blend. When I’m sick, I tend to have a hard time selecting foods and drinks which don’t upset my stomach. The ginger in this tea seemed to soothe my upset stomach and the warmth was relieving for my throat as well. I would definitely drink this tea again but probably would only reach for it when I am sick (i.e: It’s not a tea which I would want to drink all the time).

I hope you feel better soon. And I agree—I wouldn’t reach for this when I’m feeling well too.

Last tea of the night. It has been a nice addition to my Christmas Day to drink tea with all the other Steepsters! I like this tea and love ginger, but while this has good flavour, I would like more….checked the fridge and sadly, no honey…..must buy some tomorrow along with fresh ginger which would make this tea even better…..

Reading the new John Grisham and debating Boxing Day shopping….lush has a BoGo for Christmas things…..think I am going to get up early and check out some of the sales. Goodnight Steepsters!

Is it sad to say that I don’t find this gingery enough, despite it smelling super gingery, or is it a testament to how off my buds and sinuses are right now that I just can’t perceive how gingery it really is? That said, this will be a staple as a medicinal tea as I routinely get sinus upsets and nausea.

For the record…although this is a rooibos tea (green I think) I really don’t taste any of it under the ginger.

This is up there for one of my favourite teas ever. Mostly because tea companies have this hesitancy to tone down the ginger because the general public will find it too overbearing. Well… not this gal! I drink ginger tea at night. Not only do I love the smell and taste, but it also settles my stomach after a heavy or spicy meal. This blend includes tonnes of pepper, which adds a distinct bite. This comes through more on the second infusion (as others have mentioned).

I love that it is caffeine free too! Good ol’ rooibos. So I CAN drink this before bed without it giving me a sleepless night. This bad boy is part of my permanent collection. :)

the best ginger tea i’ve had. Strong and delicious.

I cannot believe how much I liked this. I like ginger alright enough but I’ve never been a big fan of ginger in tea. But this tea was DELICIOUS. So glad I got a pouch of it in DAVIDsTEA’s Cold & Flu Collection or whatever the heck it’s called.

I’m drinking Harney’s Earl Grey Supreme and Lemony Gunpowder again today, but I had Super Ginger with dinner last night, which was a spicy pad thai my housemade made, and it was a super fancy dinner at home. I’m feeling better today because I switched to Zyrtec-D and now my head isn’t a giant stuffed balloon.

The best thing about this tea is the second steeping. It tastes of pepper with a ginger aftertaste. I adore this tea in the evening. The first steeping has a wonderful ginger flavor that creates a wonderful heat in the back of your throat. This will always be in the cupboard.

Well, I’m back. My absence was caused for several reasons, but basically I haven’t been on Steepster since the beginning of February. I apologize to my trades ; everything is coming, i promise (cross my heart and hope to die, pinky swear, etc.) I missed it though!

This tea: I wanted something ginger, and rooibos sounded nice. But this tea is just sort of thin. There’s a lot of spice from the ginger and peppercorns, but I want something to ground it a little. I usually add some of my own rooibos to it. Sometimes I mix it with chai, which I really like. I would definitely get this in large amounts and add rooibos to it, because ginger is delicious.

Oh boy, this isn’t for the faint at heart. It smells like a ginger explosion and tastes of ginger-scented fire. It lingers on your tongue way after you’ve drunk the last sip. I love this, it’s exactly what I was looking for.