Aloha Pu'erh

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Disclaimer: I do not like pu-erh. I should qualify that. I have never tried a pu-erh that I really liked. I have tried flavoured and non, loose leaf and brick-style. I wouldn't say that I have...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “Sipdown!! (161) *Whiskey Buzz* sent this to me to try and at first I did not mind it but more and more I am realizing that, for the most part, pu'erh teas are just not for me. I find that for...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1359 tasting notes
  • “Maybe it's because I'm new to pu'erh but it seems to me that this tea isn't as awful as everyone has led me to believe. It's sweet, it's slighty creamy and then that smooths over into something...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1406 tasting notes
  • “My roommate said this tasted like the Indonesian medicine she had as a kid. I thought it was ok if I didn't breath through my nose. It has the puerh trademark fishiness, although it isn't as...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 449 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Life’s a beach

Don’t you wish you were on a tropical island right about now? Us too. But thankfully we’ve got the next best thing. With the fruity flavour of papaya and pineapple and a hint of creamy white chocolate, this exotic pu’erh is straight out of a Hawaiian beach vacation. And since it already tastes like a tropical cocktail, you can take it to the next level over ice with a splash of rum – just don’t forget the little paper umbrella. Say aloha to our little friend. (MK Kosher Dairy)

Ingredients: Pu’erh tea, white chocolate, candied pineapple, candied papaya, natural and artificial flavouring.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and sulfites

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Picked up 25g of this gem at DT this afternoon. It’s packed with fruity flavourful and has a smooth base of the pu’reh. I steeped this twice and it was still great the second time around. I suppose this is due to the white chocolate, but I found it to be oily on top and I’d have to say that was my least favorite part of it. Made my glass tea cup look a bit scummy which I wasn’t too keen on.

I had tried other flavoured Pu’erhs before and none tasted as fishy as this when hot. The candied pineapple and white chocolate are just not good combinations hot. For some reason I first thought of this to be a hot tea not an iced tea (should’ve known from the ALOHA but oh well) tried it iced, and it’s not bad, not good either. Wouldn’t buy it again and I iced the rest of my 20g or so batch just so it is manageable to drink and wouldn’t go to waste.

Undrinkable. This smelled really good in the bag, but brewed it tasted and smelled like sucking on a musty old couch. I can’t imagine who thought this was a good idea to make.

The smell of this tea is great! However, the taste (for me) is just a bit too overpowering with the strength of the pu’erh. The combination of white chocolate, papaya, and pineapple is lovely! I think this blend would win me over without the addition of the pu’erh. Cheers to those who love this tea!

I’m trying to like pu’erh, really I am, this is a nice introduction to this style of tea, I keep trying it in the hopes to like it more.

It has a nice hint of chocolate flavor and the pur’erh flavor is also prominent. The fruits that are in it, take away the bitterness in the tea, but don’t overwhelm it with flavor. And that’s about it; a nice and simple tea :)

I found it has a very fishy taste. When it says that it’s like you’re on a Hawaii beach they definitely hit the nail on the head.

Boiling