Berry Good (organic)

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I can't believe how authentically strawberry this tastes! Like all out garden strawberry flavor! Today it's a bit more tart, but that's fine by me, it just seems like a less ripe strawberry. The...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “This is much better today!! How did that happen... Verrrrry berry, a tad tart... total yum! not very "pu'er" like though so it doesn't fill that particular craving. I let it cool down to room...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1300 tasting notes
  • “Had some of this again last night. This is the first 'new release' from Davids in a few years that I have truly loved. We have used nearly 50 g in the last few months which actually is a lot for...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes
  • “Borrowed a sample of this from my pregnant friend whose tea i'm babysitting lol. I'm not feeling the pu-erh in this blend but it is a tasty berry blend. It's sweet and tart at the same time. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4875 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Keep calm and berry on

They’re sweet. They’re juicy. And they’re good for you. Really, there’s no sweet treat more wholesome than a berry. Well, unless you mix it with super-healthy pu’erh tea, that is. And this deliciously fruity tea just so happens to have both. With earthy pu’erh tea, sweet strawberries, blackberry leaves and strawberry leaves, it brings all the goodness of the berry patch right to your cup. It’s great hot, iced, or with cream, sugar and a cookie or three.

Ingredients: Organic: pu’erh tea, blackberry leaves, strawberries, strawberry leaves, hibiscus. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I can’t believe how authentically strawberry this tastes! Like all out garden strawberry flavor! Today it’s a bit more tart, but that’s fine by me, it just seems like a less ripe strawberry. The earthiness of the pu’erh adds perfectly to the taste of real berry. It’s also helping my poor stomach very nicely (I ate cream of mushroom soup and am slightly lactose intolerant..blargh, need to not do that haha). I might actually pick up 50 g of this when I go to DAVIDsTEA after my exams this week, I like it a lot! See previous notes on this tasty tea!

I’m pretty sure that i have a bunch of this i could send your way as well.

MissLena

Awesome! I’m waiting till after finals to start swapping haha so I will get back to you in a week or so :) need to make a list of ppl who want to swap hehe

For sure. Figured it might save you some cash and give you a chance to do a mini swap heh I’m in no rush, it’ll still be there :)

MissLena

Okk sounds good! In the meantime you can check out my cupboard and see if anything catches your fancy, although I’m sure you have wayyy more teas than me, if not most of the ones I have hehe :D

Aimee Popovacki

i love this one, it reminds me of like strawberry gum… its nice :)

OMGsrsly

All the comments about strawberry, and now I have to try this one! :)

Cavocorax

Ok… onto the shopping list with this one! :)

MissLena

I hope you guys like it! I find it very tasty, and it resteeps pretty good too!

I can see the strawberry gum flavor too Aimee :)

Cavo/OMG i can send some your way. Pretty sure i’ve got copiuous amounts at home. ESP since i know cavo and i were going to do a mini swap later.

OMGsrsly

Woo! :)

This is much better today!! How did that happen…
Verrrrry berry, a tad tart… total yum! not very “pu’er” like though so it doesn’t fill that particular craving. I let it cool down to room temp this time. Maybe that’s the trick :)
Rating bump!

Bear With Me

It’s one of my favourites even though it’s not really a bold pu’erh. I think I like it because it’s a slightly beefed up/fuller bodied version of my beloved Bear Trap <3

Indigobloom

Hmmmm good point, they are a bit similar arent they!!
I think this will be something I drink iced from now on. I can’t believe I’ve been converted to iced tea! :P

Bear With Me

I think I’d die in the summer if I didn’t have iced tea!!!
and yes, definitely similar, though Berry Good is sweeter and a bit heavier, and Bear Trap is definitely tangier. But yeah, pretty sure I love BG as much as I do because of my love of BT :P

Indigobloom

Have you compared them side by side yet? lol
I love that it’s organic as well!!

Bear With Me

Do you really need to ask? ;)

Amariel

I had some today, and it was not as good as usual. Maybe a different mix of ingredients, or maybe not as much leaf as usual, since I used a different measuring spoon.

LOL @ShayneBear!!
Heather: Yeah I don’t shop at DT much, but when I did, I noticed there was often a big difference between batches

Amariel

To be fair, I’m at the end of my bag, and I was rushed i the morning, so steeping was less than usual. And ingredients may not have been in proportion. It is still one of my faves though. A spring to fall standard.

Indigobloom

Oooh, yah the end of a bag is always the wild card! I had tons of ginger at the end of mine, but then again it was kinda old so I guess that balanced things out! :)

Had some of this again last night. This is the first ‘new release’ from Davids in a few years that I have truly loved. We have used nearly 50 g in the last few months which actually is a lot for us. Typically we have different teas all the time but we return to this one frequently.

The first steep always delivers a strong strawberry taste with some earthy tartness in the background from the pu. There is no fishiness – I can barely even tell the pu is there actually. It also delivers a solid second steep though you do lose some strawberry flavour so it isn’t as good, but still worth steeping. This is the tea that has helped me to think I might be able to learn to love pu-erh.

I fully intend to go get a tin of this once our pouch is empty. Yum!

Borrowed a sample of this from my pregnant friend whose tea i’m babysitting lol. I’m not feeling the pu-erh in this blend but it is a tasty berry blend. It’s sweet and tart at the same time. I wouldn’t make this out to be a specific type of berry – i’m not feeling the same level of “strawberry” that others are. While this is a tasty blend, it loses a few points for being not so much pu-erh. I feel like you could make this with nearly any other base and you’d get the same sort of taste happening.

Stephanie

Their pu-erh blends do seem to hide the pu-erh! Heh

When I ordered half an ounce of this at Davids, the employee packaging up my stuff warned me that I’d get addicted to it. I thought that, you know, he was saying that because he worked there and of course they are supposed to make their teas sound great, but one sniff and I thought that perhaps he was right.

I gave this a nice long cold brew, since it’s still a million degrees in my apartment (with the heat OFF) even though it is 15 outside. Seriously, I have to sleep with the fan on. I love my building. This is a light pink tea, and it really does look like strawberry juice—so cute and girlie!

I think this is the best strawberry tea I’ve tried. It’s just so fruity and refreshing! Like Kittenna said, this does remind me of Mother of Pearl, since it’s a pu-erh strawberry blend. However MoP has a really distinct mango flavor along with a floral element, while there’s something a bit herbaceous going on here (from the strawberry leaves) and a hint of blackberry flavor.

I love pu-erh berry blends, the bright fruity flavor contrasts so well with the deep, earthy taste. And I know there’s hibiscus in here, but at least in my cup it’s not adding anything but color since I taste not even a whiff of sharp or bitter hibiscus. Ah man, I really do love this tea, I think I might need to pick up a bunch next time I head out to Davids.

I’m not too too big on berry flavoured teas…never have been, probably never will be. But I rather like this. The hibiscus turns me off slightly, grant you that, but here it seems to be more tolerable. The tea is tart and sweet like a strawberry – not like a jam, but actually….kinda like biting into one in a way. Makes me want real strawberries actually :P

Ana

Now I need to try this. It’s bad enough I want to go to Davids for Mint To Be.

mewakeling

I love this tea and I am not a pu-erh fan whatsoever. I agree, it is like a ripe berry taste and, for once, I find the earthiness of the base helps the flavours, as opposed to being something I try to block out.

The aroma of the dry leaves reminded my roommate and I of those Flintstones vitamins but the liquor is more akin to juice or even a cheap berry jam pastry.

The flavour is sour-sweet blackberry and hibiscus, with a sweet smoothness near the finish. I don’t get as much strawberry. This isn’t that bad! The hibiscus is used in the right quantity to give it a slightly under-ripe berry flavour. The usually fishy and dark David’s Tea puerh is almost absent here. I would complain about not tasting much of the base but after Aloha Puerh… Maybe this isn’t something I would keep around but it’s near perfect for the warmer season ahead.

received this along with 2 other pi’erhs from Davids.

the dry leaves are super strawberry-ie, there really isn’t much Pu’erh in the blend, which I should have noticed from the picture, so I don’t know how well it’ll work for my mission.
taste wise this is very berry, but generic berry, not strawberry like it smells.
it’s sweet & tart, very good.
overall as a berry tea it’s quite good, as a Pu’erh it doesn’t give me that strong puerh tastes that others do.

I really do like this.

ETA: I’m really started to kind of dislike this tea :/ rating lowered

Aimee Popovacki

you know what.. i liked this a lot when it came out.. i drank it hot quite a bit, and cold steeped it.. i made a huge iced pitcher of it last week though and after one cup i couldn’t have anymore.. it made my stomach hurt so bad.. a lot of people say puh’erh’s will do that… i don’t recall ever having a problem with blood orange which is one of my favorites iced but this one and creme de menthe were painful, painful, teas for me! … i’m lowering my rating on it too actually, thanks for the reminder!

Having some more of this today, but not the same mix as earlier. I think that the tartness of the tea previously was due to this tea in the mix, but I think that I might just be having a tart taste in my mouth in general.

It’s still pretty good, though a bit more tart than I am keen on, at least right now. I think that I might like the Strawberry Slender Pu Erh from Teavana just a bit better. I am curious about the nature of the leaves in the Berry Good though. Are there some health benefits or is it just aesthetic?

Not bad! The aroma of the dry tea made me think of strawberry yogurt; brewed, it’s still very much berries. The flavour is lightly sweet but with just a perfect hint of tartness from the hibiscus, and a strawberry fruitiness mingles with an earthy pu’erh flavour near the end of the sip. I’d personally prefer this without the hibiscus, but only because I want a strawberry yogurt tea now, hahahaha. The hibiscus is done quite well here; seems DavidsTea took note of how well it was used in Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait.

I need to try this side-by-side with Della Terra’s Mother of Pearl, as I think they are similar blends, although I think I may prefer MoP.

Indigobloom

Is there much pu in there? I only see a few leaves in the pic!

Kittenna

Not a ton, but it is noticeable in the flavour.

Indigobloom

Hmmm, I might just check this one out!