Berry Good (organic)

Fruit Pu-erh Blend
Strawberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I can't believe how authentically strawberry this tastes! Like all out garden strawberry flavor! Today it's a bit more tart, but that's fine by me, it just seems like a less ripe strawberry. The...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 946 tasting notes
  • “This is much better today!! How did that happen... Verrrrry berry, a tad tart... total yum! not very "pu'er" like though so it doesn't fill that particular craving. I let it cool down to room...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1315 tasting notes
  • “Had some of this again last night. This is the first 'new release' from Davids in a few years that I have truly loved. We have used nearly 50 g in the last few months which actually is a lot for...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 697 tasting notes
  • “Borrowed a sample of this from my pregnant friend whose tea i'm babysitting lol. I'm not feeling the pu-erh in this blend but it is a tasty berry blend. It's sweet and tart at the same time. I...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5079 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Keep calm and berry on

They’re sweet. They’re juicy. And they’re good for you. Really, there’s no sweet treat more wholesome than a berry. Well, unless you mix it with super-healthy pu’erh tea, that is. And this deliciously fruity tea just so happens to have both. With earthy pu’erh tea, sweet strawberries, blackberry leaves and strawberry leaves, it brings all the goodness of the berry patch right to your cup. It’s great hot, iced, or with cream, sugar and a cookie or three.

Ingredients: Organic: pu’erh tea, blackberry leaves, strawberries, strawberry leaves, hibiscus. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Another one from my trip to Davids in NYC. This one was love at first smell – it smells like fresh fruit straight from the garden, earthy and sweet. It’s a perfect breakfast tea – just steep and throw it in a travel mug! It tastes lightly fruity and the puerh base lends a heftiness to this tea. A very nice blend that I am definitely going to need more of!

I am not a fan of pu’erh teas and can say that this tea did nothing to change that. I had this iced as an in store sample today and was hoping that the ice would dilute the fishy taste of pu’erh…it did dilute the fishy taste to some degree however, it did leave a nasty, oily film on the roof of my mouth. I also found that the berry taste was rather artificial and similar to those chalky berry candies. I will definitely not buy this! I can’t rate this tea on my phone but I am giving it a 25.

Smells amazing but I did not enjoy the flavor very much.

When I went into the store to purchase this the employees were raving about how amazing it was. I found it tasted a lot like a cough syrup I used to have as a child which immediately turned me off.

Boiling

This is a nice tea, with a good taste. Nothing exceptional, but it does the trick. It is similar to superberry. Sometimes I mix the two together.

The appearance is surprisingly lively for a pu’erh. The mixture of the green leaves and the splash of deep rose from the strawberry and hibiscus add a beautiful contrast to the deep woodsy pu’erh. The dry aroma is mostly like a candied strawberry with not much else to detect.

When wet, the tea and most of the leaves sink to the bottom. There are a few berry and hibiscus pieces that float near the top with what looks like a very small amount of twigs and leaves. It looks very dark and earthy at this point, almost foreboding.

The liquor is a dark coffee brown with subtle umber highlights and sienna undertones. It’s clear with no foggy appearance. Very nice and rich to look at. Very warm. Since I’m not much of a pu’erh drinker and this is only the second one I’ve ever tried, it is hard to pick out any flavour other than the strawberry and blackberry leaves and berries. There is a richness that I’m guessing is the pu’erh. It’s very deep, woodsy, and subtly spiced with a slight age to it.

I like this. It’s very comforting. I wish I could try the others in my pu’erh collection without having to wait until the next day to try it.

This tea is nice, reminiscent of the company’s Bear Trap with a hint of pu’erh earthiness underneath. I would steep longer than the maximum recommended 7 minutes.

Hibiscus ruined this for me. My nose never detects my dislike for hibiscus and I thought by the smell that I wouldn’t mind its presence. I’ll know better next time.

I’m still new to pu-erh, but I really like this one. Although to be honest it tastes more like strawberries than anything, not really getting that rich earthy flavor. But enjoyable nonetheless.

Flavors: Strawberry

I’ve generally not been too fond of the pu-erh blends Davids Tea sells, but this one sounded too intriguing to pass up. The smell is lovely, like a pouch full of ripe berries, though oddly enough I’m not picking up any of that earthy pu-erh scent. Indeed when I examined the blend it appears to be more more herbal than pu-erh with the bulk of it being made up by strawberry and blackberry leaves. The lush berry flavour is probably the dominant component as well, with the earthy pu-erh a surprisingly light afterthought – which I wasn’t expecting at all. It’s maybe a bit on the bland side, although a longer steep might solve that.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

super strong berry flavor! not unpleasant though.