Coco-Lemon Thai

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Cream Flavoring, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Sunflowers, White Tea
Coconut, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yay! Picked up the spring collection except for copabanana and daydreamer, and i got a few other teas as well, such as this one. The smell was soooo good i splurged on 50 g without even trying the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 905 tasting notes
  • “Yep.... broke my tea buying ban for this and a couple other new ones from DT yesterday (although they were sold out of Pom Tango.... noooooo!) I have been dying to try this one ever since it was...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 493 tasting notes
  • “Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A white Thai event

Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavours and unexpected combinations. And this fresh, sunny white tea blend is no exception. It combines delicate white tea with zingy lemongrass and lemon myrtle, creamy coconut and spicy-sweet ginger, for a taste that’s subtly exotic and addictively refreshing. It’s a guaranteed jolt of sunshine that’ll turn any ordinary day into a trip to the bustling markets of Bangkok or a lush island in the Andaman Sea. Go ahead – you deserve a vacation.

Ingredients: White tea, ginger, coconut, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, sunflowers, natural and artificial lemon, cream and coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My client cancelled today,so I get to bum around after a busy exhausting but great week. The world outside isn’t sunny anymore but grey and rainy and decidedly colourless. I need something very different to warm the bones and summon the sun.

I got 15 teams of this on my DT birthday shop. I’m not crazy about ginger but I love DT’s interpretations like strawberry ginger and even splash. There is a vision of ginger as sexy spicy and sometimes remarkably subtle.

In the pouch it smells a little spicy,layered under a definite sweetness of creamy coconut and a balancing base of lemongrass.

I’ve never had a WHITE ginger tea so this is a brand new experience.

Okay,down the hatch!

The Ginger is surprisingly and the coconut is apparent but not overwhelming either. There is a left over spiciness like you ate a spicy meal hours ago but it is not heavy or unpleasant. This is a nice tea but noy mind blowing in any way it is light and spicy and just a little creamy.

Reminds me of spicy meals in my far memory that I enjoyed.
Gets spicier as the mug empties. Not unpleasantly.

Perfect for people who are scared of aggressive ginger flavour but enjoy it in a more subtle manner. Perfect for adding a little spice to a cold,wet day.

Final Verdict: Unsurprising but pleasant and mild. I don’t think I’ll pick up anymore and may trade my few grams to my bff to try. Mediocre overall.

Nxtdoor

I rated higher because I enjoyed this iced but I don’t think I could drink two cups back to back. I just keep some in the fridge to have every now and then. I do find it refreshing but in moderate quantity.

katgolik

Men..not really worth icing IMHO not with the amount of tea I possess …I much prefer strawberry ginger.I could drink that back to back.

Oof, this is really good. Thanks for sharing, Courtney!

I like ginger and lemongrass, and I love lemon and coconut, so I was excited about this one. It’s very good hot, but I am excited to try it cold, too. I am thinking that I will probably need some more of this, as I only have enough left for one more cup, but I’m not sure if I need an entire 50g bag. It’s expensive, and I feel like I might get sick of these flavors quite quickly.

I will reserve judgment on that until I’ve tried it cold, however.

Lemon and coconut flavor stands out the most for me, I do get a hint of ginger, but not a huge amount of ginger, a creamy tea with a wonderful aroma.

Oh my (and I say this George Takei-style) – this is my new go-to tea for the afternoon. It is coconut with a bit of zest, and it makes me feel energized, calm and refreshed. It makes me feel the same way as I do when I am swimming (and I LOVE swimming!) It is one of those teas that I have been giving away to my family and friends because I love it so much. My husband who does not really like this kind of thing likes to just smell it. Yay!

Amariel

I really do like this one a lot.

When I smelled this in the store, I was kind of skeptical. I don’t know why I picked this instead of Mango Madness… The smell however being spot on: with darling notes of coconut lifted with juicy citrus, was amazing.

However, when I took this tea home, I was eager to try this tea. It disappointed me. Do you guys know what green Thai curry tastes like? It is delicious. However, my problem with this tea is that it tastes like green Thai curry. Tea curry. Nasty….

Overall, I could finish this tea but I would never look at it again.

Kittenna

Haha, I loved that this tasted rather curry-like. The blend of flavours was perfect for me!

I love this tea. It totally reminds me of the comforting smells of curry, it really doesn’t taste like curry though! I wondered a little when I first tried it, but even though I makes me think of full flavourful spicy dishes, this tea is light and refreshing. It was great hot with just a little sweetener in it. I also made some basmati with it as the liquid and it was just magic. I haven’t tried it cold yet, but I imagine I will create some wonderful cocktails with it coming to summer :)

Oh, god ! This tea is pure magic ! I think it’s the best I’ve ever had ! It tastes exactly like a coconut pie mixed with a lemon pie. It’s super sweet, sooooo creamy, full of lemon and coco and creaminess. I just can’t believe how good this is. It’s so amazing I feel like I’m eating a huge piece of pie with lots of cream and full of calories. I can’t get over how great this is. I just decided I can’t lived without it anymore !

A coconut and lemongrass combo that miraculously doesn’t taste like soap to me! This is actually pretty smooth and really does remind me of thai soups, with their savory creamy coconut flavors. Even with all these tasty flavors, I still found this a relaxing drink – maybe it’s all the delicious memories of food, haha.

Definitely drink this hot. As it cooled, I think the lemongrass overwhelms and begins to develop that overly perfume-y flavor.

coconut and lemon – i wish i could smell like this tea! (hey davids – a line of tea-themed fragrances??!)

once steeped, it’s a little perfumey with the sweetness of the coconut creating a heavy base, but the lemon really lifts it back up. makes me want to bake a lemon laced coconut cake! mmmm…

i’d say this is almost an herbal with the amount of lemongrass in there, and in that case would benefit from a longer steep than my standard white tea go-to (2 min. @ 185F). still, the coconut lingers on the tongue with all that refreshing lemon up front – really nice!
i’ll definitely be getting some more before the spring collection is gone :)

oh my yum…. I am so glad I tried this tea and did not get discouraged by the smell. Not that the smell is bad, it just reminds me of Thai food, good to eat not to drink. The taste is another story, it is so good. Nice lemon and coconut flavor. I also really like the ginger in this tea. It makes my stomach feel better. I think this tea would be great after a big meal.

I will be buying more of this tea soon. I don’t think 20g will last me long.