Coco-Lemon Thai

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Cream Flavoring, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Sunflowers, White Tea
Citrus, Coconut, Earth, Ginger, Lemongrass, Spicy, Sweet, Umami, Lemon
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yay! Picked up the spring collection except for copabanana and daydreamer, and i got a few other teas as well, such as this one. The smell was soooo good i splurged on 50 g without even trying the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “Yep.... broke my tea buying ban for this and a couple other new ones from DT yesterday (although they were sold out of Pom Tango.... noooooo!) I have been dying to try this one ever since it was...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 495 tasting notes
  • “Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1114 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A white Thai event

Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavours and unexpected combinations. And this fresh, sunny white tea blend is no exception. It combines delicate white tea with zingy lemongrass and lemon myrtle, creamy coconut and spicy-sweet ginger, for a taste that’s subtly exotic and addictively refreshing. It’s a guaranteed jolt of sunshine that’ll turn any ordinary day into a trip to the bustling markets of Bangkok or a lush island in the Andaman Sea. Go ahead – you deserve a vacation.

Ingredients: White tea, ginger, coconut, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, sunflowers, natural and artificial lemon, cream and coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea caught my attention from the first second I saw it advertised on David’sTeas’ website. Coconut? Lemongrass? Ginger? And white tea? All in the same cup? Yum! Sounds too good to he true.

Tart notes of lemon accentuated with a zap of ginger were the first scents I noticed with the dry leaves. Once steeped for 5 minutes or so, I can begin to smell the warm, creamy coconut seeping through the brighter fruits.

Sip wise, the first flavor to hit my tongue is the coconut, not artificial tasting at all, very silky and rich. Totally yummy! The ginger and lemongrass punctuate with a tart, spicy, clean finish. The back of my throat feels all tingle-y, and even after having swallowed I can still taste the coconut. (In a good way! Not in the bad I-can’t-get-this-taste-out-of-my-mouth-feel)

Fabulous blend! Now all I need is a trashy novel to read and my shades, and I’ll be ready for summer!

sherapop

This was definitely my favorite from the sample box I ordered from DavidsTea. The coconut flavor is so yummy!

The dry tea smells great. It has a sweet, lemony smell, but it’s not lemon-cleaner-like, if you know what I mean.

My first thought when I tasted it was that it was a variation of Exotica. I love Exotica, so that’s not a bad thing. I did detect a bit of a bitter end note while drinking it, though. I followed DT’s instructions and steeped it for 4 min at 92C. I think next time I’ll try it at a slightly lower temp, and maybe for only 3 min, and see if that takes away the bitterness.

I liked it, but unless changing the steeping method improves it, I’ll stick to Exotica.

Coco Lemon Thai where have you been all my life! I am the first to admit that white teas don’t typically grab me but this is that rare exception. A creamy lemon flavor is at the forefront of this blend which is enhanced by the spicy ginger that comes through in the after notes. The coconut has a strong, but not over powering presence. It also adds another layer of creaminess that bridges the lemony tartness and wonderful heat from the ginger perfectly. This one has quickly become my new addiction … already half way through the tin – and loving every moment of it!

March and spring is in full swing already. Time flies so fast! For me battling a return to Bronchitis all throughout February it is a relief to be healthy again. I am thanking David’s and his “Bubbly” tea for that. The Mullein blossom kept the coughs under control a lot of the time. It was a savior in the midst of all the sleep that the illness brought.

Now onto the review, ne? Stopped into David’s this morning and picked up this new white tea with vested curiosity. The warmth of the lemon really does come out and the healthy beneficial notes of the ginger just set it off pleasantly. But what really did tie everything together was the coconut and its creaminess. I could really imagine sitting by a palm tree as I savored this one. And in good old Victoria this is -very-possible with the various palm trees all over the city.

I couldn’t put my to go cup down throughout my morning shopping rounds and had made a fresh pot as soon as I finished lunch to enjoy for the rest of the day (and night). So for anyone looking for something that is both healthy and delicious look no further than this tea. Cheers and hope everyone has a great start to Spring.

Oh oh.. One new favorite here! Love the coconut smell and taste with a little lemon and ginger :) What’s great with this one is that, when I’m done drinking it, I can resteep it, but in cold water this time. It’s very good too, except the taste of lemon is stronger than the 1st time. It makes a different tea and you can even steep it a 3rd time, in cold water again. A little expensive, but you get 2 excellent uses and a third one that is not bad.

Flavors: Coconut

This almost reminds me of a yellow curry dish that I buy sometimes. There’s no curry, but a lot of the other ingredients in that dish are in here (ginger, lemongrass, coconut). I don’t know if I will reorder this one, but I will certainly be finishing the bag in some capacity. I can imagine this would be delicious iced.

Had this to-go tonight, brand new tea! I really love the combination; the coconut makes it creamy and the ginger gives it a really nice bite. The only thing that I’m not a huge fan of is a certain dryness that I get on the tongue that I think might be the lemongrass, but overall pretty yummy.

I was so excited for this one to come out! I love coconut, lemon and thai flavours. I went in today for a visit and had a sample of this. This was really good. Unlike in many other teas, the coconut does not simply add a creamy texture but rather, it does add to the flavour. This was also really light, as it has a white tea base, this was expected.

Wow. Well the smell of this certainly lives up to its name. The fragrance is powerfully citrus coconut, with a hint of ginger spiciness and sweetness. My first whiff of the steeped tea immediately made me think of Thai green curry.

On the palette there’s lots of ginger and citrus at the beginning and middle of the sip, and then it mellows to sweet, creamy coconut on the finish. I catch a hint of the white tea, but it’s subtle and adds only a hint of earthiness and umami. The sip starts off light and then finishes rich and oily on the tongue.

I like this a lot. The taste and the fragrance remind me a lot of Thai curry. If you enjoy Thai food you will almost certainly like this.

Flavors: Citrus, Coconut, Earth, Ginger, Lemongrass, Spicy, Sweet, Umami