Coco-Lemon Thai

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Cream Flavoring, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Sunflowers, White Tea
Coconut, Cream, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Vanilla, Citrus, Earth, Spicy, Sweet, Umami, Creamy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yay! Picked up the spring collection except for copabanana and daydreamer, and i got a few other teas as well, such as this one. The smell was soooo good i splurged on 50 g without even trying the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 1021 tasting notes
  • “Yep…. broke my tea buying ban for this and a couple other new ones from DT yesterday (although they were sold out of Pom Tango…. noooooo!) I have been dying to try this one...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2756 tasting notes
  • “I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 528 tasting notes
  • “Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1242 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A white Thai event

Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavours and unexpected combinations. And this fresh, sunny white tea blend is no exception. It combines delicate white tea with zingy lemongrass and lemon myrtle, creamy coconut and spicy-sweet ginger, for a taste that’s subtly exotic and addictively refreshing. It’s a guaranteed jolt of sunshine that’ll turn any ordinary day into a trip to the bustling markets of Bangkok or a lush island in the Andaman Sea. Go ahead – you deserve a vacation.

Ingredients: White tea, ginger, coconut, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, sunflowers, natural and artificial lemon, cream and coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This blend smells like a Thai coconut curry, and reminds me of a similar blend by Harney & Sons, the name of which escapes me at the moment. After steeping, a sweeter lemon note can be detected in the aroma as well. The taste of this tea is bright and light, with strong lemongrass and coconut flavors. There’s also a bite from the ginger pieces that I saw in the blend, giving it a gently spicy, warming effect. The white tea base is hard to detect under all this, but it does have a naturally sweet and tart quality. Overall, this tea does a good job on delivering on its name. I don’t often reach for teas with ginger or lemongrass, but once in a while I’m nicely surprised! Thanks beelicious for the sample!

(And finally, I have more teas that I have tried at least once in my cupboard than untried ones!)

This is an excellent tea as an alternative chai if you’ve gotten a bit burnt out on too much ginger, cinnamon, and cloves. This is a coconut lemon dream. No sugar, but still plenty sweet and flavorful. The lemon is delicate and natural, not like the cleaning-supply lemon that can happen if too much artificial flavoring is added. This is truly a reflection of the lemon myrtle and lemongrass. The lemongrass adds a more vanilla/lemon flavor, couple that with the buttery coconut and cream flavoring and this is like a lemon dessert. There’s just enough ginger to balance out the sweet with a little spice. A hidden gem on the white tea shelf at Davids Teas.

Flavors: Coconut, Cream, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Vanilla

Yummy.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger, Lemon

I really enjoy this tea — the lemon and coconut come through well (especially the coconut), but I was sort of hoping it would have a bit more of a spicy kick to it. Never mind though, I’d still buy it again. Can’t wait to try it iced.

Another one I have to try again soon, but from my memory… this smelled like pie and tasted delicious. Coconut, lemon and a hint of ginger. Much more to my taste than Cocomint Cream (a lighter, less creamy tea, I think), and if it wasn’t so expensive, again it probably would have found a home on my tea shelf. As it stands for now, I’ll just have to get it in samples or use some frequent steeper points to get it.

Mmmm :) this tea smells so yummy! The flavor didn’t compare to the strong complex smell of the tea though. I shouldn’t have tried to brew this in my timolino trying it for the first time. I’ll be making more of this before work, I was going to make Forever Nuts which is hanging out in the storage compartment of my timolino but I think more of this would be better and I think I’ll add the 1/2tsp I have left of Super ginger to give it a little kick.
*This is only a temporary rating.

This time around this is a little more sweet and lemony. Still reminds me a lot of Thai green curry (in the best way possible), but this cup is less savoury than the last I had.

It’s incredibly refreshing once it’s cooled, too.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Sweet

When I first read about this tea, I was hesitant at first – I mean coconut and lemon? But who knew it would smell AMAZING and taste just as AMAZING! One of my top favourites for sure. The ginger does not overpower the flavour at all. Just feels like you are relaxing on a beach enjoying a nice cup.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

My hot cup completely cooled before I got a chance to try it so sipping on it cooled, I can only say my taste buds are confused. This is weird and I don’t know whether or not it’s weird in a good way. I definitely get creamy coconut and the ginger is there too but there are other flavors that are coming together to make one unique concoction that I think I am just too tired to wrap my head around. Luckily I have more of this in my cupboard so I will be able to explore more in the future.

Memily

It’s so weird.

Nxtdoor

I wanted to make soup with it, it tasted like soup so much! After a while it got tired and I was happy to see it go.

Memily

It took me ages to find a happy place with this—cold brewing it ended up being a hit.

tigress_al

I find that every cup of this tea is so different