Coco-Lemon Thai

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Cream Flavoring, Ginger, Lemon Myrtle, Lemongrass, Sunflowers, White Tea
Citrus, Coconut, Earth, Ginger, Lemongrass, Spicy, Sweet, Umami, Creamy, Lemon
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

• “Yay! Picked up the spring collection except for copabanana and daydreamer, and i got a few other teas as well, such as this one. The smell was soooo good i splurged on 50 g without even trying the...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes
  • “Yep.... broke my tea buying ban for this and a couple other new ones from DT yesterday (although they were sold out of Pom Tango.... noooooo!) I have been dying to try this one ever since it was...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2365 tasting notes
  • “I tried to wait until Wednesday but I went to meet my roommate at the shopping center and this just happened to be in arms reach. I like all the listed ingredients for this tea and caved in to...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 505 tasting notes
  • “Went to DAVIDs today to pick up some tea for some of you lovely Steepsters for gifts/swaps, and the gal behind the counter offered me a free cuppa tea when I was done. Well, thank you, I think I...” Read full tasting note
    MissB_Tea 1144 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

A white Thai event

Thai cuisine is known for its bold flavours and unexpected combinations. And this fresh, sunny white tea blend is no exception. It combines delicate white tea with zingy lemongrass and lemon myrtle, creamy coconut and spicy-sweet ginger, for a taste that’s subtly exotic and addictively refreshing. It’s a guaranteed jolt of sunshine that’ll turn any ordinary day into a trip to the bustling markets of Bangkok or a lush island in the Andaman Sea. Go ahead – you deserve a vacation.

Ingredients: White tea, ginger, coconut, lemon myrtle, lemongrass, sunflowers, natural and artificial lemon, cream and coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This time around this is a little more sweet and lemony. Still reminds me a lot of Thai green curry (in the best way possible), but this cup is less savoury than the last I had.

It’s incredibly refreshing once it’s cooled, too.

Flavors: Coconut, Creamy, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass, Sweet

When I first read about this tea, I was hesitant at first – I mean coconut and lemon? But who knew it would smell AMAZING and taste just as AMAZING! One of my top favourites for sure. The ginger does not overpower the flavour at all. Just feels like you are relaxing on a beach enjoying a nice cup.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger, Lemon, Lemongrass

1962 tasting notes

My hot cup completely cooled before I got a chance to try it so sipping on it cooled, I can only say my taste buds are confused. This is weird and I don’t know whether or not it’s weird in a good way. I definitely get creamy coconut and the ginger is there too but there are other flavors that are coming together to make one unique concoction that I think I am just too tired to wrap my head around. Luckily I have more of this in my cupboard so I will be able to explore more in the future.

Memily

It’s so weird.

Nxtdoor

I wanted to make soup with it, it tasted like soup so much! After a while it got tired and I was happy to see it go.

Memily

It took me ages to find a happy place with this—cold brewing it ended up being a hit.

tigress_al

I find that every cup of this tea is so different

This tea reminds me somewhat of Adagio’s Thai Chai with its mix of coconut and lemongrass. This one is obviously lighter with its white tea base and it has more of a herbal undertone to it thanks, I’m guessing, to the lemon myrtle and ginger root. The ginger is subtle which is rare for such a strong-flavoured ingredient and I like the creamy coconut flavours that actually remind me quite closely of coconut milk.

I had this tea at work today and it was exactly what I needed. My coworker said it smelled like thai coconut soup. It has a strong coconut and lemon flavor (imagine that). It tastes like summer in a cup.

This one tastes like Exotica to me … but without the oily mouthfeel. I’m not a fan. It’s more bland than I was expecting from the delicious tropical flavor and gets worse as it cools. Although … it also develops an almost-interesting pastry flavor around the same time. Heh.

I saved the leaves from my first steeping, so maybe I’ll try again tonight and get a better second cup.

I am surprisingly not hating this blend. It’s rather good, actually! It tastes like thai curry with fresh coconut on top. I love that the coconut isn’t artificial tasting, it taste like the fresh coconut my Dad used to take apart with a hammer and nail when I was a kid. He’s also the one who taught me to have a deep, abiding love for thai green curry. I will enjoy finishing this cold brew if only for the memory it evokes.

Oh! And it’s a sipdown! (381/359)

Both the scent and the flavor of this tea have improved my mood markedly. The coconut is lighter than the lemon and the ginger. There is a sort of coconut-lemon cream vibe to the blend. I like this tea, though not as much as Harney & Sons Green Tea with Thai Flavors.

Once again, I find the ginger (not an available flavor in the pull-down list…) quite marked, and it becomes especially evident in the aftertaste, when I start to feel that I’ve consumed a ginger infusion!

My first tea review ever! The first time I tried this tea was in Toronto. It was a bleek overcast day and I really needed a liquid pick me-up! Coco-lemon thai was recommended by the sale associate, especially as a latte. I sipped this beauty while shopping and was definitely not dissapointed. As a Latte, the coconut and lemon flavour are so present. I find any coconut infused tea is greatly enhanced with milk.
As a standalone, this tea definitely goes down pretty smooth. With strong lemon flavour and a lingering coconut aftertaste, I’d imagine this tea would be better served cold on a hot summer’s day.
Cons: I find this tea pretty chalky on the first steep. It’s pretty over powering and takes away from my overall enjoyment somewhat. The lemon is also overpowering at times. It definitely could be a more balanced tea.

Overall I like this tea and would totally recommend it to burgeoning white tea drinkers!

0 OZ / 0 ML