Coconut Oolong

Oolong Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Oolong Tea, Organic Coconut, Organic Lemongrass
Coconut, Nutty, Sweet, Ginger, Toasted, Cake, Cream, Floral, Mineral, Nuts, Roasted, Milk, Vegetal, Lemongrass, Butter, Flowers, Grass, Lemon Zest, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

Cuckoo for coconut

We are big fans of coconuts around here – they might just be the coolest food on the planet. For one thing, they’ve been around since prehistoric times, making them one of the oldest plants you can find. Plus they have so many amazing applications, it’s no wonder people in Malaysia call the coconut palm “The Tree of a Thousand Uses.” But as far as we’re concerned, the number one reason to love them is this delicious coconut and oolong blend. Creamy, rich, sweet and fresh, it’s satisfying, comforting and completely addictive. Take it from us: you’ll go nuts for it.

Ingredients: Pao Zhong oolong tea, coconut flakes, artificial coconut flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mmmm! I love coconut so I had to try this (I am not a big fan of artificial flavours but coconut flavouring I don’t mind). Seriously the coconut compliments the oolong so well. Might just become a staple in our cupboard!

This was the 3rd tea of the spring collection that I tried for the first time this morning. I LOVE coconut and I am really starting to drink oolong teas. This one for me was really dissapointing from the start. I found the smell to be really artificial and almost chemical-like. When steeped, this tea becomes a really light shade of yellow. Again, the taste was slightly chemical-like. I am not planning to brew this one again for a while but it did give me the idea to make a coconut oolong cookie and use this tea in the recipe. If I am able to do that, I will be sure to post the recipe!

My first experiment with a loose leaf oolong. The dry leaves were incredibly enticing as soon as I opened the package. They smelled delicious with the perfect coconut aroma. I steeped it at 190 for about 4 minutes and the smell afterwards was not as nice. It almost smelled a bit overpowering.

Seeing as how I enjoy trying new teas with no additives, this one was pretty good. It was creamy but not too rich or overpowering as the smell suggested. I may add a bit of sugar next time thought, because it could be a bit sweeter.

My co-worker gave this tea to me and its really nice. I like how it’s only flavored with JUST coconut and not a whole bunch of other ingredients. It’s nice and simple :)

I had a long day at the science centre with about 7000 kids…. Needless to say I needed a cup of tea when I got home. This tea called my name.. It smells amazing. It tastes really good to. Sweet coconut with a smooth texture. Reminds me of Coco Lemon Thai but more subtle. I really like it.

This is another fantastic Oolong blend from DavidsTea! The use of Pao Zhong oolong is a clever choice as its lightly fermented which adds a light floral backdrop to the coconut flavor. This also allowed the coconut to really come through while offering some unique and subtle notes to the brew. The coconut flavoring does come through as mostly natural with only a slight artificial taste on the palate on the first steep. As with any Oolong tea this blend really blossoms on the 3rd and 4th steeps as the flavors meld together perfectly with a smooth velvety finish.

I really wanted to like Coconut Oolong.

I love coconut. The taste, the smell, everything about it is great. I also like Oolong tea. It’s my favourite kind after Green tea, so in theory I should like Coconut Oolong, right? Unfortunately not.

I tried Coconut Oolong tonight when I went to check out the new Spring Collection. The smell was really nice, so I this was the tea I chose first. I was very disappointed with the results though. The oolong itself was fine, but I found the coconut to be clashing against it. I found this weird, as I like coconut teas. I tried Coco-Lemon Thai the other day and I really liked that. However, with Coconut Oolong, I found myself actively disliking it.

I didn’t taste the creaminess described by Davids Tea, instead I just had a generally unpleasant taste in my mouth. Maybe I was just unlucky, could I have gotten some bad ingredients? I hope so, since like I said, I want to like this tea. I’ll have to try it again the next time it’s being sampled. The tea did get better towards the end of the drink, so I still have hope.

Hum. This one has a sickly scent and taste. Too sweet and nutty plus something else I can’t quite make out. Not my cup of tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Nutty, Sweet

I’ve been in a coconut and melon FRENZY with teas lately. Something about those flavors make clear summer days feel closer. This tea is deliciously rich and creamy. The lemongrass adds a lightness to the taste that is much appreciated. I’ll have to try it with milk. This will most likely become the mainstay coconut tea in my stash.

A hot sample in store. I was expecting coconut and orchid oolong flavours, but I couldn’t taste the oolong at all actually. The dominant note was ginger, with a hint of creamy coconut under it. Very odd.

Flavors: Coconut, Ginger