Honeydew Mate

Rooibos Yerba maté Blend
Green Rooibos, Green Yerba Mate, Hibiscus Blossoms
Honeydew, Earth, Floral, Green Melons, Jasmine, Melon, Sweet, Fruity
High
Edit tea info Last updated by georgienne

From DAVIDsTEA

Use your melon

Whether you’re looking for a pick-me-up or just a great tasting drink, steeping a cup of this tea is one of the smartest things you can do. For starters, it’s got green yerba maté, for a smooth-drinking, all-natural energy boost. Then it has green rooibos, which is packed with so much good stuff, it’s even better for you than regular rooibos. And on top of it all, it’s got the fresh, juicy taste of honeydew melon. Energizing, healthy AND delicious? This one’s a no brainer.

Ingredients: green yerba mate, green rooibos white hibiscus blossoms, melon pieces, natural flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am a big fan of mate and honey (and honeydew is one of my favourite fruits!) so I was extremely looking forward to tasting this tea. I am happy to say it did not disappoint me at all :)

The tea tastes like it smells, the honeydew flavour is the main star but that means I can’t really taste anything else. I also like that there is rooibos in this tea to kind of round out the mate. This tea is definitely stimulating but gently shakes you awake with every smooth sip~ Overall, I absolutely love this tea!

This is a nice smooth tea. It’s roasted but not too heavy and is good hot or cold-steeped. Actually one of the few if not the only tea with fruit that I like in a hot cup of tea. I liked it and would be happy to receive it again but I wouldn’t pay any money to have it again.

This tea is really great! Not one of my favorites, but it sure is delicious! The way that DavidsTea was able to get the honeydew flavor in this tea… I don’t know how they did it but I’m glad they did :)

Flavors: Honeydew

I have tried only one other mate so I decided to give this one a try because I LOVE melon anything! Well, I regretted it when I took it to work with me and didn’t like it. I had to pour it down the drain and I didn’t have supplies to make myself another tea! I really wanted to like it but it seems that mate teas are not for me. They taste very earthy and I prefer a sweet tasting tea.

Flavors: Earth

I tried this tea as part of the limited edition “They’re Back” collection, which included three discontinued teas from past spring collections. With this collection, you got a small amount of each tea. You could, however, get larger quantities of each of the teas online only….which was too bad, because by the time I tried out the Honeydew Mate and discovered that I loved it, it had already sold out online! So, I could not pick up any more of this tea, which is a pity, because I really like it! Oh, the dangers of finding teas that you love only to have them discontinued! But it is a risk that you just have to take when you love tea!

Oh, my dear Honeydew Mate… how I do adore you. And how heartbroken I am that you have disappeared, yet again, from DAVIDs site. ((Sigh))….

This tea is so lovely. Packed with flavor, yet light on the palette, it proves to be such a refreshing tea with a wonderful energy boost to it. The flavors are a round & soft melon with an ever-subtle sweetness lingering in the back. I’ve found this tea is super versatile with mixing!! Adds such a nice twist to other teas… such a DAVIDs The Earl’s Garden. It softens the earl grey base and adds a soft fruitiness that compliments the strawberry notes in TEG.

So sad to see this one go again… and SO HEARTBROKEN that I was unable to stock up before it disappeared from the site, especially as the closest store to me is a 6-8 hour drive! ((sob))

Until we meet again, my Honeydew. xo

Flavors: Floral, Green Melons, Jasmine, Melon, Sweet

Loooooooove this tea! My order finally came in with the “flashback teas”! So glad I got all three of them to try.

The smell of this dry is so off-putting. It smells so artificial when it’s dry. I think this is where people would smell bubblegum. Once I put this into some hot water though…HOLY DYNA the smell was amazing! I have no clue why this happened, but this is what I got from it. The taste was just as good as the smell! It’s light and fruity, but still has earthy undertones. This is the second maté that I’ve tried and I really like it! I didn’t get as big of a caffeine rush as I did with The Buzz, but that was a good thing in my eyes.

I was able to make two cups out of the one tea bag too which was quite nice because it was great both times around. The flavour did not weaken at all. I probably could have gotten a third cup out of it if I really wanted to.

I love this! I wish I had ordered more. It sucks that they don’t carry this all the time, because I would have a permanent stash of this if I could. I guess my 50g will have to suffice. sigh

Flavors: Earth, Fruity, Honeydew, Sweet

tanyasew

I totally agree. I love it too. And I just have my tiny sample, like you. Come on, David’s Tea! Bring it back for good!

This is the other tea I purchased from David’s “blast from the past” collection. I love the melon flavoring in teas like Lupicia’s rooibos honeydew so I was hoping for that combined with the energy boost of mate.

I’ve clearly been spoiled by Lupicia’s melon flavorings. The rooibos in this blend just isn’t the same quality so you get a hint of the woody flavor. The note of melon is there, mostly in the aftertaste. With that said, this is one of the better tasting mate blends I’ve had. The melon flavor complements the earthy mate making this pretty tasty. I’ll be icing this to tame the woodiness and kickstart my mornings this summer.

A very nice fruity tea. Thank you to ccoppens for sharing, I have a feeling this one would be delicious iced as well.

Flavors: Honeydew, Melon

Chris Coppens

mm sounds good, we should try it iced sometime!

Probably my most liked mate blend (again, it’s the fruit). I hoarded this as much as I could, and I was very sad to see my stash go. I hope this comes back again in the spring!