Pom Tango

Black Tea, Mango, Pomegranate
Fruity, Mango, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen Bailey

• “New tea #3! Picked this up on Monday because it just smelled too good to not get. I only got 15 g however, and the mango pieces are pretty weighty, so there's not a whole lot left in my bag. Ah...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a little sample of this tea out of curiosity. Oh my! It smells amazing! I’m enjoying the juiciness of this tea while the sunshine streams through my window. It feels like a mini...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my free samples from my latest DAVIDsTEA order! It's roasting in my office, so I wanted something fruity and light. This one delivers! I was going to put sugar in it, but...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Funny story. The other night, my neighbour went streaking down the sidewalk, and out of nowhere, a cop showed up and stopped him. Impeccable timing. I've prepared this tea two ways: hot and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

Ingredients: black tea, mango, pomegranate seeds.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Well, starting the day off with this lovely little sample from Ellyn. It smells simply fantastic, though mostly mango and not really any pomegranate at all. That’s okay, I like mango. The dry tea is certainly FULL of mango pieces, I put my entire sample into the steeper even though it was like 5 tsp because it was so voluminous and I wasn’t sure I was getting enough actual tea in there. So pretty much the perfect amount actually.

I haven’t had many DAVIDsTEAs so I don’t know if this is typical or not, but the taste…almost lives up to the promise of the smell. I’m processing it as kind of a weak brew, not so much in flavour, but in general mouthfeel. Like it’s less than even water. A bit not good. It’s tasty though, I get the slightest bit of tartness from the pomegranate, but it’s mostly just mango. A pretty nice, fruity, black tea.

IT’S NOT YOU, IT’S ME, TEA. :P I dunno, this felt way too much like drinking hot juice.. and I didn’t really like it cooled down, either. I dunno! I dunno! I thought I’d really like it? It was very strongly fruity but too sweet for me.

Cavocorax

Oh well! At least you know and aren’t tempted to order 50g from DT or something like that.

Also, if you wanted smaller (10-20g) packs from DT sometime, instead of doing a regular order, just let me know and I could probably pick them up and send them to you. Good way to find out what you like.

It’s funny you say it was too sweet – I thought that about Blueberry Jam, so I’m glad you sent me a bit of that one.

Ozli

Ha! That is funny! I did end up sending you some Jam eh? I’m glad! I was looking at it all WELP, I DUNNO IF JENN’S GONNA GET ANY :P

That’d be sweet re: DT, thanks dude! I’ll have to take a look around the website ;)

Ozli

Oh yeah, also – it was the mango! Mango = sugar rush. When we lived in Vic, K was ADDICTED to dried mango… so I think that’s why Pom Tango was like juicy-juice to me. Associations ;)

Love this!! I’ve been drinking it almost every day since it was released! Just enough tart :)

My goodness, is this GOOD! Black tea normally isn’t my favorite, because generally its too bitter for me without sugar. This is exactly the opposite of bitter. Already I’m sad I only had a small little sample of this.

It came with this huge piece of dried mango, and it smells just like a ripe piece of mango. The mango here is much truer to the flavor than in the Mango Diablo, and the pomegranate plays nicely in the background. This is probably one of my favorite black teas I’ve ever had. Definitely going to need to save up and buy a 100g bag of this before it goes away.

Thanks to my allergies I feel completely out of it and disconnected from life today, like I am on my own little planet. Thanks singulair, nasonex, zyrtec, and sudafed for being worthless.

Anyway, lucky for me my latest David’s Tea order arrived today, and naturally this was the first tea I reached for. I was so excited about it. It’s interesting. The mango flavor is very true to a real mango, and it is super juicy. Like I have never had such a juicy tea before, the flavor makes my mouth water. Sadly, I’m not detecting enough pomegranate flavor, which is a letdown because pomegranate is my absolute favorite fruit.. But yeah, I think the mango mostly overpowers it.

This tea smells amazing, but brewed it ends up really tangy and tart. I’m not a huge fan of tangy and tart. There were very few tea leaves leaving the dried fruit to dominate the mix. It disappoints me to pay tea prices for dried fruit. It needed some sugar to be enjoyable and it ends up tasting more like juice than tea. Not for me.

My 2-year-old is driving me bananas… time to break out a tea we can both drink that will distract her from pulling all the books off the bookshelf.

So, I brewed this according to the directions a couple days ago, poured it in a mug, then got distracted by something and forgot about it. Thus, it turned lukewarm and rather “special” tasting. Like a mix of iced tea + juice that’s been left out and turned room-temperature. To remedy this I poured the tea into a jar and left it in the fridge until now…

And my intuition is correct, it tastes much better ice cold. Like I brewed up some black tea and added pomegranate + mango juice to it! Yum, yum! And I haven’t even added any sweetener. I do taste slightly more mango than pomegranate, which is okay since I like mangoes more than I like pomegranates. That being said, I don’t think I’ll restock. My iced tea preferences tend towards the citrus or melon persuasion, but I have no qualms about using up the rest of this when the weather warms up (if it ever does).

Iced 6 min, 0 sec

I agree with the other reviews of this tea, this is a mango breakfast tea. I don’t see how it is super pomagrantey. I would love to try Pom Power if anyone has any left because I feel like it would have a less dominate mango flavor.

Finally trying this one!

The mango is definitely the most predominant flavour in this tea. It’s pretty juicy tasting. The black tea part wasn’t too much as I had mostly fruit it seemed in my bag. But I’m find with that. I didn’t want the black tea to be too overpowering.

I quite enjoyed this one. It’s similar to another one I have, but this is nice ‘cause it has the actual fruit that the other one doesn’t have. This would make an amazing iced tea I think. If I end up with more of it, I might just try that. Otherwise, I think I’ll just finish this one hot as I only have enough for one more cup.

I have a bit of this as part of the Spring Collection. It smells amazing, even with my stuffy nose. I forgot to set the timer so it steeped for at least 5 minutes. Not bitter at all though and still quite tasty. I think I get a hint of pomegranate in there but it is mostly mango. The juicy mango flavor is the most prominent, as opposed to black tea. I bet this would make a great iced tea. No sweetener needed either, I think the sugar on the mango pieces might help. Very yummy!

205 °F / 96 °C