Pom Tango

Berries, Peach
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “New tea #3! Picked this up on Monday because it just smelled too good to not get. I only got 15 g however, and the mango pieces are pretty weighty, so there's not a whole lot left in my bag. Ah...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 818 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a little sample of this tea out of curiosity. Oh my! It smells amazing! I’m enjoying the juiciness of this tea while the sunshine streams through my window. It feels like a mini...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my free samples from my latest DAVIDsTEA order! It's roasting in my office, so I wanted something fruity and light. This one delivers! I was going to put sugar in it, but...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Funny story. The other night, my neighbour went streaking down the sidewalk, and out of nowhere, a cop showed up and stopped him. Impeccable timing. I've prepared this tea two ways: hot and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

Ingredients: black tea, mango, pomegranate seeds.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I brewed it for the first time, it was a little bitter. Then I tried making it iced with a little bit of agave and it was delicious.

Tasty!

I don’t really taste much pomegranate though, I certainly do taste mango. So, I would say if you enjoy mango you will like this tea.

If Davids keeps making teas like these, I may soon be buying more black teas.

Very nice smeel, taste a lot, but it’s more herbal tea than real tea. Except this, it’s one of my favorite of the spring collection.

Tried hot and iced with vodka, i’m disapointed because i tought it would be very great, but in fact, it’s not that good. Still better than some drinks I had before…

Not being a huge fan of black tea blends I was hesitant to try this one at first but given my recent experience with some awesome blends from 52teas I was feeling brave. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed and found that this was a nice refreshing break from all the spice based teas I have been enjoying lately – not that there is anything wrong with spice teas. :) Personally I found that the mango flavor really shone thru and I could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite Oolong blends also from DavidsTea – Happy Kombucha. This blend is sweeter (even without sweetener) which works wonderfully given the stronger black tea base. The pomegranate flavor has a presence as well but is more of a supporting flavor that you end up saying, “there is something else in this blend – oh right its pomegranate!” So in a nutshell, if you like mango, you will like this tea. If you like Happy Kombucha, you will LOVE this tea.

The tea smells and tastes incredible, one of my favourites. Will totally buy it bulk before they stop selling it.

Black tea, mango, pomegranate. Best. Ever.
Great hot or iced. So happy it came back for spring. That is all.

I’m so bad at spacing out tasting notes. I go days without posting any, and then I post more than one. It’s a terrible habit.

So this is my second cup of tea for the day. My first cup of tea was a really great cup of tea. This is a really great cup of warm juice. Dry, this tea is one of those teas with a lot of dried fruit and additives and not much tea. I only bought 2 ounces of this, so I didn’t have a tin, and I had to fish around the little pouch in order to get a mixture of both tea and dried fruit in my scoop. I see the dry tea in this. It’s a dark black leaf, and it is there. It expanded a bit in the tea bag I’m using to brew while my teapot is out of commission. I see it. But I don’t taste it. Not at all.

In fact, this cup of tea does not even resemble a cup of black tea. It brews to a light orange color. It really does look like juice.

With all of that said, I actually quite like this tea, which does surprise me. I don’t tend to like fruity teas, although I guess I do like tropical kinds of flavors. This is sweet. I do get mango notes, and I’d say that’s about all I get from it. However, it is satisfying in a — I want something sweet way.

I probably won’t drink it often, but it’s good, I guess.

Recently tried this one iced. It’s pretty good, quite fruity. David’s new spring collection seems to be on a good track for me. I’ll probably be buying some of this one soon.

Bad day at work. I want to go home and stay there and hide and only leave when it feels safe to.

This tea is largely unremarkable. Pleasant enough, if a bit nondescript. artificial mango taste, although not distinctly mango, if you ask me. Had it without additions because of general feelings of nausea. Not a bad blend, but am not inspired to acquire more.

That’s all.

Cheri

:( I hope the rest of your day gets better and your tummy calms down.

JustJames

that was me yesterday, and given what has to happen today, i will likely be keeping you company today. i’m sorry keychange. dirty days….. sigh. oh!!!!! here! http://www.wimp.com/phonesolo/ this made me laugh =0)

keychange

thanks, cherry. and justJames, I’m sorry you’re here, too. I just feel like throwing things and having a sobbing fit right now.

Fjellrev

I’m sorry, I hope the day will go by quickly so you can go home and chill.

JustJames

don’t sob- listen to the link i left you!!!

keychange

Haha no sobbing at work. And ok, off to listen to it now. And thanks, fgel. The day will be done soon.

keychange

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! that actually made me laugh out loud. Reminded me not to take life too seriously.

JustJames

=0) i heard it last night at 2 in the morning and it made me guffaw. i might have woken people but the was crap enough i didn’t much care. a ‘caught off guard’ laugh can be invaluable… xoxo

• the day was crap.
keychange

I understand crap days. And also value really unexpected laughs. But we’ll get through awful days, too.

I did not make my 400 note goal, but I have a ton of teas backlogged, so I am going to try and write some notes down and see how far that gets me.

I gave this a shot cold brewed, much improved from the over brewed astringent mess I managed to make the first time I tried it. I agree with the description, this really is reminiscent of a good glass of mango juice. However, I also get a nice grounding note from the black tea base. Personally, I rather like it, but I need to give it a couple more tries to see if it merits a long term space in my cupboard.

I preferred it cold to hot, but I am going to try brewing it hot properly and see if that works for me.