Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Artificial, Mango, Sour, Sugar, Sweet, Tea, Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Pineapple, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I brewed it for the first time, it was a little bitter. Then I tried making it iced with a little bit of agave and it was delicious.

Tasty!

I don’t really taste much pomegranate though, I certainly do taste mango. So, I would say if you enjoy mango you will like this tea.

If Davids keeps making teas like these, I may soon be buying more black teas.

Very nice smeel, taste a lot, but it’s more herbal tea than real tea. Except this, it’s one of my favorite of the spring collection.

Tried hot and iced with vodka, i’m disapointed because i tought it would be very great, but in fact, it’s not that good. Still better than some drinks I had before…

Not being a huge fan of black tea blends I was hesitant to try this one at first but given my recent experience with some awesome blends from 52teas I was feeling brave. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed and found that this was a nice refreshing break from all the spice based teas I have been enjoying lately – not that there is anything wrong with spice teas. :) Personally I found that the mango flavor really shone thru and I could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite Oolong blends also from DavidsTea – Happy Kombucha. This blend is sweeter (even without sweetener) which works wonderfully given the stronger black tea base. The pomegranate flavor has a presence as well but is more of a supporting flavor that you end up saying, “there is something else in this blend – oh right its pomegranate!” So in a nutshell, if you like mango, you will like this tea. If you like Happy Kombucha, you will LOVE this tea.

Sample sipdown.

I bought an iced tea pitcher packet of this over the weekend to play with, and my hubby quite liked it! He prefers juice tea over tea-tea. I added some agave nectar (mostly for him). Tart, sweet, but not too sweet.

After I hot-steeped the packet and added cold water to top up the pitcher, the leaves still smelled incredibly fragrant. So I took the infuser and put it into a mug of water to cold steep overnight in the fridge. The resulting tea in the morning was a bit weak, but not bad! I just didn’t want any of that good fruit smell to go to waste.

I’m coming close to 100 points on my Frequent Steeper card, and I’m seriously considering getting some of this tea as my 50g free tea reward – either this or Goji Pop. But probably this, since it’s a seasonal blend.

I got my DAVID’sTea Pom Tango in the Summer Collection. This tea smells and tastes like Hubba Bubba chewing gum. I can’t make a flavour distinction otherwise. It makes a good summer iced tea, but wasn’t my favourite. It made me feel a bit sick because I was correlating the tea to swallowing bubble gum.

Drank iced. Not really a fan of the black tea + mango combination. I’m iffy on mango most days so that’s not surprising though.

This is tea is just so good. To get the full great, sweet and sugary flavour. Don’t steep this over 5 minutes. If you steep it over five minutes, the bitter black tea flavour comes out. I like the taste of black tea, but with certain teas like this, it’s better to shut out the black tea flavour as much as you can. But do what you like best! It just tastes like an exotic fruit juice, it’s quite pleasant. A little sour as well! Definitely stocking up!

Flavors: Artificial, Mango, Sour, Sugar, Sweet

I was really hesitant to try this one, I decided to drink it iced and concentrate the hell out of my little sample of this tea. Very mango-y(?) but a nice strong aftertaste of black tea. As a black tea lover I personally wouldn’t buy this to fill my black tea spot, but it does make a nice fruity iced tea. Pomegranate thankfully wasn’t the main flavour in this one.

Flavors: Mango, Tea