Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Artificial, Mango, Sour, Sugar, Sweet, Tea, Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Pineapple, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I brewed it for the first time, it was a little bitter. Then I tried making it iced with a little bit of agave and it was delicious.

Tasty!

I don’t really taste much pomegranate though, I certainly do taste mango. So, I would say if you enjoy mango you will like this tea.

If Davids keeps making teas like these, I may soon be buying more black teas.

Very nice smeel, taste a lot, but it’s more herbal tea than real tea. Except this, it’s one of my favorite of the spring collection.

Tried hot and iced with vodka, i’m disapointed because i tought it would be very great, but in fact, it’s not that good. Still better than some drinks I had before…

Not being a huge fan of black tea blends I was hesitant to try this one at first but given my recent experience with some awesome blends from 52teas I was feeling brave. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed and found that this was a nice refreshing break from all the spice based teas I have been enjoying lately – not that there is anything wrong with spice teas. :) Personally I found that the mango flavor really shone thru and I could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite Oolong blends also from DavidsTea – Happy Kombucha. This blend is sweeter (even without sweetener) which works wonderfully given the stronger black tea base. The pomegranate flavor has a presence as well but is more of a supporting flavor that you end up saying, “there is something else in this blend – oh right its pomegranate!” So in a nutshell, if you like mango, you will like this tea. If you like Happy Kombucha, you will LOVE this tea.

I got my DAVID’sTea Pom Tango in the Summer Collection. This tea smells and tastes like Hubba Bubba chewing gum. I can’t make a flavour distinction otherwise. It makes a good summer iced tea, but wasn’t my favourite. It made me feel a bit sick because I was correlating the tea to swallowing bubble gum.

Drank iced. Not really a fan of the black tea + mango combination. I’m iffy on mango most days so that’s not surprising though.

This is tea is just so good. To get the full great, sweet and sugary flavour. Don’t steep this over 5 minutes. If you steep it over five minutes, the bitter black tea flavour comes out. I like the taste of black tea, but with certain teas like this, it’s better to shut out the black tea flavour as much as you can. But do what you like best! It just tastes like an exotic fruit juice, it’s quite pleasant. A little sour as well! Definitely stocking up!

Flavors: Artificial, Mango, Sour, Sugar, Sweet

I was really hesitant to try this one, I decided to drink it iced and concentrate the hell out of my little sample of this tea. Very mango-y(?) but a nice strong aftertaste of black tea. As a black tea lover I personally wouldn’t buy this to fill my black tea spot, but it does make a nice fruity iced tea. Pomegranate thankfully wasn’t the main flavour in this one.

Flavors: Mango, Tea

Iced 8 min or more

This is obviously a popular blend because this is the third, I believe, year it’s come back in a row! It’s also the only non-herbal blend in this years collection. This is my first time trying it. Similar to Just Peachy I’m not really big into mango as a flavour, though you wouldn’t be able to tell based on how much of it I’ve been drinking lately. This year I’ve been much more open to trying things I’ve previously avoided, so I figured it was time to try this one out and see what the big deal about it is.

I prepared it cold brewed for my first tasting; based on the smell of the dry leaf I’m expecting more mango flavour than pomegranate though the smell of the tea steeping did smell strongly of both mango and pomegranate so I could be pleasantly surprised here.

The first thing I taste is indeed a very strong mango flavour; but it’s vibrant and juicy and I don’t mind it at all. The pomegranate flavour is pretty strong too. I don’t think I’ve ever tried mango and pomegranate paired together in anything, but they work really well together! The sweet, almost berry-like pomegranate flavour and tropical mango have really great juxtaposition and are just phenomenally mouth watering. I really, really love the flavour of pomegranate but it’s one of those fruits that I never think about or crave so when I do have it I kind of have that moment where I mentally go “I love pomegranate – why don’t I eat it more often?”. I’m definitely doing that right now, and kicking myself for not trying it sooner.

Other notes observed are sweet red apple, not surprising given that pomegranate is often described as tasting like a cross of cranberry and apple, and very juicy, ripe orange. The black base is smooth and mild, providing the perfect background for the lovely array of fruit flavours. Overall, this is a hydrating, robust and ultimately fun tea. I can definitely see it lending itself well to hot preparation methods, or to tea soda!

I may end up purchasing more of it so I can test out both of those methods of prep, though I don’t see myself getting a larger quantity because like I’ve talked about neither of the primary flavours, mango and pomegranate, are ones I lean towards heavily in every day drinking. I finally understand the popularity of this blend, though!

I expected to love this tea. Based on the ingredients it’s got everything I love in a flavored black tea to ice – a balance of tart and sweet flavors. Unfortunately, I wasn’t over the moon about this blend…or the blend I ended up with in my 25g bag anyway. My 25g bag was, unfortunately, very light on the mango. I drank this iced and lightly sweetened with stevia. It was pleasant, but, due to the lack of mango, it’s not something that I’d rush to stock up on.