Pom Tango

Black Tea, Mango, Pomegranate
Mango, Fruity, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by Karen Bailey

• “New tea #3! Picked this up on Monday because it just smelled too good to not get. I only got 15 g however, and the mango pieces are pretty weighty, so there's not a whole lot left in my bag. Ah...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 886 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a little sample of this tea out of curiosity. Oh my! It smells amazing! I’m enjoying the juiciness of this tea while the sunshine streams through my window. It feels like a mini...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my free samples from my latest DAVIDsTEA order! It's roasting in my office, so I wanted something fruity and light. This one delivers! I was going to put sugar in it, but...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Funny story. The other night, my neighbour went streaking down the sidewalk, and out of nowhere, a cop showed up and stopped him. Impeccable timing. I've prepared this tea two ways: hot and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

Ingredients: black tea, mango, pomegranate seeds.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I brewed it for the first time, it was a little bitter. Then I tried making it iced with a little bit of agave and it was delicious.

Tasty!

I don’t really taste much pomegranate though, I certainly do taste mango. So, I would say if you enjoy mango you will like this tea.

If Davids keeps making teas like these, I may soon be buying more black teas.

Please keep things friendly and .

Very nice smeel, taste a lot, but it’s more herbal tea than real tea. Except this, it’s one of my favorite of the spring collection.

Tried hot and iced with vodka, i’m disapointed because i tought it would be very great, but in fact, it’s not that good. Still better than some drinks I had before…

Please keep things friendly and .

Not being a huge fan of black tea blends I was hesitant to try this one at first but given my recent experience with some awesome blends from 52teas I was feeling brave. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed and found that this was a nice refreshing break from all the spice based teas I have been enjoying lately – not that there is anything wrong with spice teas. :) Personally I found that the mango flavor really shone thru and I could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite Oolong blends also from DavidsTea – Happy Kombucha. This blend is sweeter (even without sweetener) which works wonderfully given the stronger black tea base. The pomegranate flavor has a presence as well but is more of a supporting flavor that you end up saying, “there is something else in this blend – oh right its pomegranate!” So in a nutshell, if you like mango, you will like this tea. If you like Happy Kombucha, you will LOVE this tea.

Please keep things friendly and .

A friend came over to drive me to work and so I offered to make her tea. I asked what she was in the mood for and her response was “cold, fruity tea”. I have her a few options and she settled on this one. I brewed up enough for us both because I realized I, myself, have yet to try this tea.

So now that I have tried it, all I can say is if I were doing a blind taste test, I would definitely say this had mango but the pomegranate was lost on me :(. I will try it hot and see if it differs but as an iced tea, I found myself sort of disappointed.

Cavocorax

I like it hot, but have never had it iced. Hope it works out.

Please keep things friendly and .

I really like this tea – great hot or cold. I don’t really taste the pomegranate but the mango flavor is strong. I hope they keep bringing this one back, always seems like my favorites are seasonal teas..

TTTTB

This tea smelled amazing and I couldn’t wait to try my first sip. Luckily, it was able to (mostly) live up to my expectations…there were subtly layered tropical fruity notes – mostly mango, possibly some pineapple or peach-esque flavours – that went rather nicely with the black base.

It took sweetener rather well and was a lot of fun to drink, but it still didn’t impress me to the point where I’d want to order it in the future….I think I’m getting picky.

Please keep things friendly and .

Love the fruitiness of it (I’m addicted to smelling it from the package), and the sweet chunks of fruit are very conducive to re-steepings. The only problem is that the tea never seems to taste as delicious as it smells.

Please keep things friendly and .

I really like this! I was feeling pretty tired at work this morning and so made a cup of this tea. The first sip literally made me smile and say “mmmm” like I was in a coffee commercial lol. So fruity and juicy! I really like the combination of the mango, which dominates the taste, with the tart pomegranate in the background. I didn’t finish the whole cup before I went to lunch and it was pretty good cold when I got back. I do slightly prefer it hot though. Thank you Virginia for the sample!

Flavors: Mango

Huh.

Cold brewed this for about a day and it underwhelmed me.
Perhaps I underleafed, but I really expected the black tea in this would have delivered me a nicely dark, flavorful, fruity iced tea.

It did not.

It was really watered down and not nearly as fruity and delicious as I’d hoped.

So far nothing tops Tropicalia. I sure hope they bring it back!

PS this was a sipdown! Yayyyy