Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Artificial, Astringent, Mango, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Tangy, Tropical, Sour, Sugar, Tea, Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

When I brewed it for the first time, it was a little bitter. Then I tried making it iced with a little bit of agave and it was delicious.

I don’t really taste much pomegranate though, I certainly do taste mango. So, I would say if you enjoy mango you will like this tea.

If Davids keeps making teas like these, I may soon be buying more black teas.

Very nice smeel, taste a lot, but it’s more herbal tea than real tea. Except this, it’s one of my favorite of the spring collection.

Tried hot and iced with vodka, i’m disapointed because i tought it would be very great, but in fact, it’s not that good. Still better than some drinks I had before…

Not being a huge fan of black tea blends I was hesitant to try this one at first but given my recent experience with some awesome blends from 52teas I was feeling brave. I am happy to say that I was not disappointed and found that this was a nice refreshing break from all the spice based teas I have been enjoying lately – not that there is anything wrong with spice teas. :) Personally I found that the mango flavor really shone thru and I could not help but be reminded of one of my favorite Oolong blends also from DavidsTea – Happy Kombucha. This blend is sweeter (even without sweetener) which works wonderfully given the stronger black tea base. The pomegranate flavor has a presence as well but is more of a supporting flavor that you end up saying, “there is something else in this blend – oh right its pomegranate!” So in a nutshell, if you like mango, you will like this tea. If you like Happy Kombucha, you will LOVE this tea.

Someone at work allowed me to steep a cup from her stash. I used 1 1/2 tsp per cup, steeped for five minutes. I didn’t have access to filtered water, so I used the cold, chlorinated water from the tap. I’m not sure it made a difference in the taste.

The pineapple/pomegranate flavour was lovely, but it was overpowered by a strong artificial fruity aftertaste. I felt like I was chewing on fruit gum with aspartame.

I’m glad I had a chance to try it, but it definitely wouldn’t be on my to-purchase list.

Flavors: Artificial, Astringent, Mango, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Another great summer, chilled iced tea. I drank this all throughout the August heat when I was not in the mood for hot hot tea

Flavors: Cherry, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart

Enjoyed this almost as much as the Murchie’s Mango Black tea I tried recently. There’s something about the purity of the mango alone though that ranks this one slightly lower for me with the added artificial flavourings and sugar. Nonetheless, this was quite enjoyable, the pomegranate addition makes the flavour a bit more complex; a tangy tropical twist. Dried and brewed, the tea smells and tastes wonderful. I bought a 250 gram bag of this from David’s during their end of summer sale. Looking forward to it as a warm tropical oasis this winter when it’s raining and cold outside.

Flavors: Mango, Sweet, Tangy, Tropical

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 355 ML

I bought a huge amount of this tea during the 40% off summer sale. It’s not my favorite brewed hot, but it’s still good. The balance of flavors seems off a bit. I am thinking I can brew it longer and then add more sweetener to help balance things a bit more. I am hoping I enjoy it more iced. I can always gift some I guess…

Sample sipdown.

I bought an iced tea pitcher packet of this over the weekend to play with, and my hubby quite liked it! He prefers juice tea over tea-tea. I added some agave nectar (mostly for him). Tart, sweet, but not too sweet.

After I hot-steeped the packet and added cold water to top up the pitcher, the leaves still smelled incredibly fragrant. So I took the infuser and put it into a mug of water to cold steep overnight in the fridge. The resulting tea in the morning was a bit weak, but not bad! I just didn’t want any of that good fruit smell to go to waste.

I’m coming close to 100 points on my Frequent Steeper card, and I’m seriously considering getting some of this tea as my 50g free tea reward – either this or Goji Pop. But probably this, since it’s a seasonal blend.