Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Fruity, Mango, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “New tea #3! Picked this up on Monday because it just smelled too good to not get. I only got 15 g however, and the mango pieces are pretty weighty, so there's not a whole lot left in my bag. Ah...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 916 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a little sample of this tea out of curiosity. Oh my! It smells amazing! I’m enjoying the juiciness of this tea while the sunshine streams through my window. It feels like a mini...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my free samples from my latest DAVIDsTEA order! It's roasting in my office, so I wanted something fruity and light. This one delivers! I was going to put sugar in it, but...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Funny story. The other night, my neighbour went streaking down the sidewalk, and out of nowhere, a cop showed up and stopped him. Impeccable timing. I've prepared this tea two ways: hot and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 767 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Had some of this one again today with the beau while enjoying a work day off together. It is beautifully sunny out though still chilly. We’ve got the fire going, video games, books, tea and time to ourselves. Woohoo! On a side note, I feel like I SHOULD put something about the tea at the start on the off chance this is selected as a blurb but that’s not how I roll so I’ll keep on talking about myself at the start for now.

I guess this tea has been around a time or two but when the beau went to Davids this Spring to pick up some Blue Lagoon to try out he was tempted by this as well. Now that I’ve had it a couple times I can say it is too too sweet for my tastes but that is a personal issue. It is actually a good tea, with a nice black base that doesn’t get bitter but also isn’t totally swamped by the flavouring. The flavour itself comes off as peachy to me, maybe because I’ve never eaten a pomegranate and can’t be sure what it tastes like. It would be good iced if I were the sort to drink iced tea. I could probably serve it to my little cousins as iced tea and they would be over the moon because it’s one of those teas that seems more like juice than tea. Not my thing anymore, but still well done unlike others that taste of chemicals or sugar rather than sweetness. This is definitely a result of the candied fruit in here. I used to love candied pineapple but ate too much and now they all taste too sweet to me.

I got an e-mail from Davids that Eastier tins are 3 for 30 in store and we are going to the city tomorrow for record store day and to visit some friends. I see a trip to Davids included in there to scope out some tea to add to the collection. We’re so glad we moved to the country but since I only order online once or twice a year, I miss being able to go to Davids or Winners and find some new tea when the mood strikes me. It’s not often, but seeing all the new acquisitions on Steepster makes me a little jealous! :)

Flavors: Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits

whatshesaid

If you order online more frequently you’ll have that many more packages to look forward to :)

The tea smells and tastes incredible, one of my favourites. Will totally buy it bulk before they stop selling it.

Black tea, mango, pomegranate. Best. Ever.
Great hot or iced. So happy it came back for spring. That is all.

I’m so bad at spacing out tasting notes. I go days without posting any, and then I post more than one. It’s a terrible habit.

So this is my second cup of tea for the day. My first cup of tea was a really great cup of tea. This is a really great cup of warm juice. Dry, this tea is one of those teas with a lot of dried fruit and additives and not much tea. I only bought 2 ounces of this, so I didn’t have a tin, and I had to fish around the little pouch in order to get a mixture of both tea and dried fruit in my scoop. I see the dry tea in this. It’s a dark black leaf, and it is there. It expanded a bit in the tea bag I’m using to brew while my teapot is out of commission. I see it. But I don’t taste it. Not at all.

In fact, this cup of tea does not even resemble a cup of black tea. It brews to a light orange color. It really does look like juice.

With all of that said, I actually quite like this tea, which does surprise me. I don’t tend to like fruity teas, although I guess I do like tropical kinds of flavors. This is sweet. I do get mango notes, and I’d say that’s about all I get from it. However, it is satisfying in a — I want something sweet way.

I probably won’t drink it often, but it’s good, I guess.

Recently tried this one iced. It’s pretty good, quite fruity. David’s new spring collection seems to be on a good track for me. I’ll probably be buying some of this one soon.

Bad day at work. I want to go home and stay there and hide and only leave when it feels safe to.

This tea is largely unremarkable. Pleasant enough, if a bit nondescript. artificial mango taste, although not distinctly mango, if you ask me. Had it without additions because of general feelings of nausea. Not a bad blend, but am not inspired to acquire more.

That’s all.

Cheri

:( I hope the rest of your day gets better and your tummy calms down.

JustJames

that was me yesterday, and given what has to happen today, i will likely be keeping you company today. i’m sorry keychange. dirty days….. sigh. oh!!!!! here! http://www.wimp.com/phonesolo/ this made me laugh =0)

keychange

thanks, cherry. and justJames, I’m sorry you’re here, too. I just feel like throwing things and having a sobbing fit right now.

Fjellrev

I’m sorry, I hope the day will go by quickly so you can go home and chill.

JustJames

don’t sob- listen to the link i left you!!!

keychange

Haha no sobbing at work. And ok, off to listen to it now. And thanks, fgel. The day will be done soon.

keychange

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! that actually made me laugh out loud. Reminded me not to take life too seriously.

JustJames

=0) i heard it last night at 2 in the morning and it made me guffaw. i might have woken people but the was crap enough i didn’t much care. a ‘caught off guard’ laugh can be invaluable… xoxo

• the day was crap.
keychange

I understand crap days. And also value really unexpected laughs. But we’ll get through awful days, too.

I did not make my 400 note goal, but I have a ton of teas backlogged, so I am going to try and write some notes down and see how far that gets me.

I gave this a shot cold brewed, much improved from the over brewed astringent mess I managed to make the first time I tried it. I agree with the description, this really is reminiscent of a good glass of mango juice. However, I also get a nice grounding note from the black tea base. Personally, I rather like it, but I need to give it a couple more tries to see if it merits a long term space in my cupboard.

I preferred it cold to hot, but I am going to try brewing it hot properly and see if that works for me.

An almost beautiful spring day, a new spring tea to try!
Today I need a juicy spring to my step so it is Pom Tango today.
Firstly it smells exactly like another DT I just can’t place it without smelling
My huge collection and I’m working today. Any guesses?
First off the smell is what I imagine a tropical paradise to smell like in
magic realism world.
Plus love the little mango with dancing shoes….come on!!!! Sold.
I would love this as a perfume ..but I am mightily in a state of digression.

Every one knows my fruity black tea fetish( bring back paradise found)
This doesn’t disappoint. But it is much milder in flavour then I expected.
It is lovely light and leaves a juicy thumbprint on your tongue.

Another spring fling!
Unfortunately not a staple.

I haven’t said anything but I’m officially on Davids tea Team Mason Jar!!!! I finally got it!!! Lol. Along side I bought the spring collection because it was just easier for me. Hopefully I will be able to purchase the tins I like. Anyways to christen my new jar, I decided to cold brew Pom Tango! I was kinda nervous so I just put two scoops and filled it half way. It was in the fridge for about 3 hrs. Nice and fruity, so excited for my summer drinks! Especially since Vegas is so hot. I wish it was sweeter but I suppose I could put sugar it in..lol. Pretty good! Btw I’m watching Frozen, good and cute movie though I have my critiques about it.

2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I only had it hot and it tastes really good, like mango and peach and a hint of tartness. I only had the sample pack (5g made one cup). I wish I had more to taste it cold! I ate a chocolate almond and almond biscotti with it and the flavors matched really well . The black tea flavor is not too prominent – just right!

Flavors: Berries, Peach