Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Apple, Grenadine, Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Artificial, Astringent, Cherry, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Tangy, Tropical, Sour, Sugar, Tea, Citrus, Orange, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I expected to love this tea. Based on the ingredients it’s got everything I love in a flavored black tea to ice – a balance of tart and sweet flavors. Unfortunately, I wasn’t over the moon about this blend…or the blend I ended up with in my 25g bag anyway. My 25g bag was, unfortunately, very light on the mango. I drank this iced and lightly sweetened with stevia. It was pleasant, but, due to the lack of mango, it’s not something that I’d rush to stock up on.

Wow, I drank way too much caffeine today. I have the jitters. Hope I don’t have trouble getting to sleep tonight…

I got a 5 gram sample of this tea in with my most recent order from DAVIDs TEA. This isn’t something I would normally purchase since it’s black tea (black tea can be harsh on my stomach so I therefore rarely drink it) but since it wasn’t a pure black tea I decided to give it a try.

I steeped the entire 5 gram sample in 1 mug of 200 degree F water for 3.5 minutes then put the mug in the freezer for an hour to cool it off so that way the tea would be “iced”. The tea tasted like mangoes (with only a slightly artificial taste to it) with the base of black tea (glad I only steeped it for 3.5 min because it was on the cusp of going bitter). Overall a nice summer tea to try out iced. However, as mentioned, due to the fact that it is black tea (and the fact that I prefer my iced teas to be herbal) I will not be purchasing this one. I’m glad I tried it out though!

Flavors: Mango

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 30 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 250 ML
Kirkoneill1988

you aren’t missing out much on black teas. I’m not too much for them anymore. but the “peppery” taste is good for black teas

Kristal

I could see “peppery” undertones working well for black teas :)

Kirkoneill1988

i agree 100%

Before picking up this tea in-store, I reviewed the notes left by other reviewers who seem to really like it. So, I picked up a free sample of 25g with a David’s Tea promotion for the release of the new Summer Collection. It was pretty good. I had it iced. The mango comes through loud and clear. But I think I would like it better as a herbal tea, rather than as a black. I still need to try the Guava Cadabra which may be more to my liking.

All in all, it is a good tea, but not my favourite. Enjoyable, but definitely not an essential tea for me. I don’t think I will pick up any more, but I am glad that I had the chance to try it.

Initially very excited to try this tea; it smelled wonderful and had a decent review.

First impression was orange, but there was something else I couldn’t quite place. Further into the cup I realized it tasted exactly like the smell of The Body Shop’s mango products. Very mango-y, but artificially so. Just couldn’t get over the fact that it felt like I was drinking body wash. Happy to say I don’t have any of this left.

This smelled really good while steeping..really fruity. But when I went to drink it, it totally turned on me! It was like a citrus hell. D:
Tasted some other fruity notes in the background, but I couldn’t deal with the citrus long enough to pick out what they were. I seriously do not handle citrus well…like at all. xD
i took about three sips and then I had to dump it. Oy. Not for me!!
Thanks for the sample though, EmilyGee! You definitely saved me money on this one!

Flavors: Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Sour

TeaNTees

“like a citrus hell.” LOL, Thank you for making me laugh on a chilly Monday morning. :)

I wish this would be made part of the permanent collection – yum! One of my favourite flavoured black teas, hands down. I remember it being slightly expensive for a black tea, but it has the all-elusive pomegranate (one of my favourite tea flavours). One of these days…

This tea just doesn’t does it for me. There seemed to be a disconnect between the tea flavour and the fruit flavour, and while neither were off-putting, they just didn’t come together into a delicious, cohesive whole for me. But oh well, it looks like others enjoy it, so all the more for them.

This tea is so good. I love flavored black teas but this one is my top 5 for sure. Do not overstepped as it will get way to strong

I am a big fan of this one – the mango, pomegranate is a delightful blend, heavy on the mango… it is also great no matter what time of year! I believe this was a spring collection tea, but on a chilly fall day it is warming and entirely satisfying! When I first got this tea, they had already ran out so I had to get a bunch of the small tins just to get my hands on it – WORTH IT!

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

This is a great iced tea. It’s good hot but honestly I’m enjoying it much more cold. Maybe it’s just because its hot out but I just didn’t feel like I was enjoying it hot. Their description is pretty much right on. Its like drinking tea and juice but better.

2 min, 45 sec 2 tsp