Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Mango, Pineapple, Fruity, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “New tea #3! Picked this up on Monday because it just smelled too good to not get. I only got 15 g however, and the mango pieces are pretty weighty, so there's not a whole lot left in my bag. Ah...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 988 tasting notes
  • “I picked up a little sample of this tea out of curiosity. Oh my! It smells amazing! I’m enjoying the juiciness of this tea while the sunshine streams through my window. It feels like a mini...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 352 tasting notes
  • “This was one of my free samples from my latest DAVIDsTEA order! It's roasting in my office, so I wanted something fruity and light. This one delivers! I was going to put sugar in it, but...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Funny story. The other night, my neighbour went streaking down the sidewalk, and out of nowhere, a cop showed up and stopped him. Impeccable timing. I've prepared this tea two ways: hot and...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 922 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

An almost beautiful spring day, a new spring tea to try!
Today I need a juicy spring to my step so it is Pom Tango today.
Firstly it smells exactly like another DT I just can’t place it without smelling
My huge collection and I’m working today. Any guesses?
First off the smell is what I imagine a tropical paradise to smell like in
magic realism world.
Plus love the little mango with dancing shoes….come on!!!! Sold.
I would love this as a perfume ..but I am mightily in a state of digression.

Every one knows my fruity black tea fetish( bring back paradise found)
This doesn’t disappoint. But it is much milder in flavour then I expected.
It is lovely light and leaves a juicy thumbprint on your tongue.

Another spring fling!
Unfortunately not a staple.

I haven’t said anything but I’m officially on Davids tea Team Mason Jar!!!! I finally got it!!! Lol. Along side I bought the spring collection because it was just easier for me. Hopefully I will be able to purchase the tins I like. Anyways to christen my new jar, I decided to cold brew Pom Tango! I was kinda nervous so I just put two scoops and filled it half way. It was in the fridge for about 3 hrs. Nice and fruity, so excited for my summer drinks! Especially since Vegas is so hot. I wish it was sweeter but I suppose I could put sugar it in..lol. Pretty good! Btw I’m watching Frozen, good and cute movie though I have my critiques about it.

2 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

I only had it hot and it tastes really good, like mango and peach and a hint of tartness. I only had the sample pack (5g made one cup). I wish I had more to taste it cold! I ate a chocolate almond and almond biscotti with it and the flavors matched really well . The black tea flavor is not too prominent – just right!

Flavors: Berries, Peach

4 min, 0 sec 5 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

They should rename this Mango Tango. Seriously. I can’t really taste any pomegranates and disappointed about that. But other then that…I like this. Going back and forth about whether I would get this for iced tea days…I guess it depends on how long it sticks around. I put a bunch of sugar in it, but can barely taste it, not a problem though I was in the mood for tart. I guess that could be the pom, hmm? Maybe. This tea is a bit…dry. I think I’m going to have a sweeter tea after this. Next cup I’m going to have will be iced.

Usually I wouldn’t be having a black tea this late but planning on working on my writing tonight and need as much energy as I can get. And want to counteract the alcohol in the Mike’s Hard Peachade that I bought last week and need to drink up before my Dad gets back from his vacation. (He’s a long time recovering alcoholic and doesn’t like having alcohol and he worries about me drinking…despite the fact that I’m not crazy about most alcohol and I’m such a lightweight…a few hard ades or wine coolers or Smirnoffs a year and I’m good. Pretty unusual for me to even buy a box…but figured, what the hell? lol. Unfortunately the stuff kind of sucks. Oh well.

I tried to purchase this last spring, but it seemed to be sold out every time I was at my David’s. But, I don’t get it because this doesn’t taste THAT great to me. It’s not like it is Pumpkin Chai or something delicious, but each to their own I guess.
To me, this tastes pretty artificial, and there isn’t much black tea in there. Which I guess is ok if I wanted a lower caffeine black.
Iced, it is marginally better.

I don’t know, maybe I am just falling out of love with DAVIDsTEA a little bit. The artificial flavours are sometimes a little too fake. Or maybe I just love mango too much and I was expecting so much more.

Aimee Popovacki

it makes me feel better knowing others don`t like this tea.. it smells wonderful, and i can`t have it because i am allergic to mangoes.. but so many of my friends have raved about it so i def felt like i was missing out!

tigress_al

Don’t worry about it, there are MUCH better teas out there!!

Aimee Popovacki

so good to hear!

Pomegranate and peach! just delicious.

I thought that it would be far more overwhelmingly fruity than it was. Instead it smells mostly of fruit, the flavor being initial fruit before being balanced out by the black tea. I’m pleasantly surprised. I probably wouldn’t order more because fruity teas aren’t my thing (this came in a sample) but it’s pretty good.

200 °F / 93 °C 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I’m glad it returned and it was just as popular as it always was. It is an especially unique tea because it has tons of fruits and a black tea base to balance the crazy fruitiness. The mango flavor is the strongest of all the fruits and the tea is great hot or cold!

This tea is decent iced but I found the taste is a lot more balanced when cold brewed. I cold brewed 1.5 times the amount of tea called for in a 1L mason jar with a tablespoon of agave for around 12-14 hours. It was pretty good. I wasn’t exactly wowed but I did enjoy it while it lasted.
Definitely not a keeper or one I consider worthy of restocking, but the description is pretty spot-on and it was an interesting drinking experience.

Iced 8 min or more

I’ve had this tea for a while, and since I’m just trying to get into drinking more tea, I haven’t tried it until now. I steeped this for five minutes in regular boiling water (out of the kettle at work) and didn’t add any sweetener. It was a nice, fruity flavor and it turns out I didn’t need the sweetener! The black tea wasn’t bitter at all.