Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Artificial, Astringent, Cherry, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Tangy, Tropical, Sour, Sugar, Tea, Citrus, Orange, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really like this tea – great hot or cold. I don’t really taste the pomegranate but the mango flavor is strong. I hope they keep bringing this one back, always seems like my favorites are seasonal teas..

TTTTB

This tea smelled amazing and I couldn’t wait to try my first sip. Luckily, it was able to (mostly) live up to my expectations…there were subtly layered tropical fruity notes – mostly mango, possibly some pineapple or peach-esque flavours – that went rather nicely with the black base.

It took sweetener rather well and was a lot of fun to drink, but it still didn’t impress me to the point where I’d want to order it in the future….I think I’m getting picky.

Love the fruitiness of it (I’m addicted to smelling it from the package), and the sweet chunks of fruit are very conducive to re-steepings. The only problem is that the tea never seems to taste as delicious as it smells.

I really like this! I was feeling pretty tired at work this morning and so made a cup of this tea. The first sip literally made me smile and say “mmmm” like I was in a coffee commercial lol. So fruity and juicy! I really like the combination of the mango, which dominates the taste, with the tart pomegranate in the background. I didn’t finish the whole cup before I went to lunch and it was pretty good cold when I got back. I do slightly prefer it hot though. Thank you Virginia for the sample!

Flavors: Mango

Huh.

Cold brewed this for about a day and it underwhelmed me.
Perhaps I underleafed, but I really expected the black tea in this would have delivered me a nicely dark, flavorful, fruity iced tea.

It did not.

It was really watered down and not nearly as fruity and delicious as I’d hoped.

So far nothing tops Tropicalia. I sure hope they bring it back!

PS this was a sipdown! Yayyyy

My new favourite tea, I’m slightly crushed that it’s no longer available (no fruity black teas this summer, other than the berry ones???). It’s light and great iced!

Flavors: Fruity

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

First time cold brewing! Left it in the fridge for 2 days (because I’ve been really busy and kinda forgot about it) and it turned a nice golden colour. Smells more like juice than tea, and tastes mostly like mango – yummmmmm

Iced

This is my second try for Pom Tango and it is just not a hit for me. Let me preface by saying I LOVE Mango and I also like pomegranate. For some reason this tea is extremely overpowering to me. I’ve tried to dilute it a bit, taste it extremely quickly into steeping but it just doesn’t taste good to me. My fiancé (does not like anything hotter than room temp :S) actually said he really likes the flavor of this and would drink it warm. There is a very strong flavor in this that is overwhelming to my palate. I am going to try it cold and see if that’s better as I’ve heard it makes a very nice cold tea.

Good aroma, good flavor. This was brewed for 5 minutes and served hot without milk or sugar. It tastes more strongly of mango than pomegranate.

I liked it, but it didn’t wow me. This would probably be great as an iced tea and I’ll update if I try it that way.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I remember having this tea last time David’s introduced it, but didn’t get around to buying it. I remember the feeling of intense disappointment when I realized it was a limited edition tea and that I had missed my chance to buy it.

When I saw it was being reintroduced as a spring tea, I didn’t get my hopes up. I remembered my experience with Mom’s Apple Pie: the original tasted exactly like apple pie, and when reintroduced it had a plastic-like aftertaste. “Don’t get excited, self” I said. Went in to get an iced tea with my mom, and saw the monster-can sitting on the counter. AH-HA! I thought. I’ll try it now.

So I tried it. And yummmm. Iced, at least, it was really good. No astringency, no bitterness, no weird after-taste. Just fruity yum. I would get some just to make iced tea this summer.

Verdict: will buy.