Pom Tango

Apple, Black Tea, Mango, Pineapple, Pomegranate Seeds
Artificial, Astringent, Mango, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry, Sweet, Tart, Tangy, Tropical, Sour, Sugar, Tea, Citrus, Fruity, Orange, Grapes, Peach, Stonefruits, Honey, Berries
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

Put some spring in your step

This may have been a long, cold winter, but this exotic fruit-filled black tea is a sure sign of sunnier days ahead. Bursting with fruity pomegranate seeds and big, luscious pieces of mango, it’s like a cross between your favourite breakfast tea and the best juice ever. And since spring weather can still be a bit unpredictable, you’ll be happy to know it’s equally amazing hot or iced. One cup and you’ll feel like dancing for joy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really like this! I was feeling pretty tired at work this morning and so made a cup of this tea. The first sip literally made me smile and say “mmmm” like I was in a coffee commercial lol. So fruity and juicy! I really like the combination of the mango, which dominates the taste, with the tart pomegranate in the background. I didn’t finish the whole cup before I went to lunch and it was pretty good cold when I got back. I do slightly prefer it hot though. Thank you Virginia for the sample!

Flavors: Mango

Cold brewed this for about a day and it underwhelmed me.
Perhaps I underleafed, but I really expected the black tea in this would have delivered me a nicely dark, flavorful, fruity iced tea.

It did not.

It was really watered down and not nearly as fruity and delicious as I’d hoped.

So far nothing tops Tropicalia. I sure hope they bring it back!

PS this was a sipdown! Yayyyy

My new favourite tea, I’m slightly crushed that it’s no longer available (no fruity black teas this summer, other than the berry ones???). It’s light and great iced!

Flavors: Fruity

Iced 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

First time cold brewing! Left it in the fridge for 2 days (because I’ve been really busy and kinda forgot about it) and it turned a nice golden colour. Smells more like juice than tea, and tastes mostly like mango – yummmmmm

This is my second try for Pom Tango and it is just not a hit for me. Let me preface by saying I LOVE Mango and I also like pomegranate. For some reason this tea is extremely overpowering to me. I’ve tried to dilute it a bit, taste it extremely quickly into steeping but it just doesn’t taste good to me. My fiancé (does not like anything hotter than room temp :S) actually said he really likes the flavor of this and would drink it warm. There is a very strong flavor in this that is overwhelming to my palate. I am going to try it cold and see if that’s better as I’ve heard it makes a very nice cold tea.

Good aroma, good flavor. This was brewed for 5 minutes and served hot without milk or sugar. It tastes more strongly of mango than pomegranate.

I liked it, but it didn’t wow me. This would probably be great as an iced tea and I’ll update if I try it that way.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I remember having this tea last time David’s introduced it, but didn’t get around to buying it. I remember the feeling of intense disappointment when I realized it was a limited edition tea and that I had missed my chance to buy it.

When I saw it was being reintroduced as a spring tea, I didn’t get my hopes up. I remembered my experience with Mom’s Apple Pie: the original tasted exactly like apple pie, and when reintroduced it had a plastic-like aftertaste. “Don’t get excited, self” I said. Went in to get an iced tea with my mom, and saw the monster-can sitting on the counter. AH-HA! I thought. I’ll try it now.

So I tried it. And yummmm. Iced, at least, it was really good. No astringency, no bitterness, no weird after-taste. Just fruity yum. I would get some just to make iced tea this summer.

Verdict: will buy.

Tea that smells nice and crisp and great as a cold brew! Which I did like a week or so ago and it turned out nice :)
Now I’m trying it as a hot brew. Definitely not as dark as other blacks that I’ve had.
Smells refreshing and nice. I like the mango, oh the mango!
Oh no no. Definitely not good as a hot brew. Definitely much better cold. Which is great since it’s super freakin hot now, but ahh goingto force this down my throat and have the rest of this tea in cold brews.

3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML
carol who

I didn’t like it hot either.

Backlog from yesterday.

Dry, this smells amazing — fruity and light. I love the little chunks of pineapple! Steeped, this is a generic, almost-fruity tea. It has a sharpness to it that makes me think “chemical”, but not in a bad way, if that’s possible.

Overall, it’s not bad. I’m just not sure that this is something I would go out and purchase once I’ve used up my sample.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m kind of grateful for teas like this that remind me why I don’t race onto the DT website and throw everything that sounds good into a cart. I love mango and pomegranate, the latter is easily on of my favorite fruits and seriously fun to eat, but I’m so eh about the blend.

Both the mango and pomegranate seem to come through, but I guess I’m not finding them really natural. It’s all right until I swallow, then it tastes like gummies that were left in a hot car where they all melted together but I ate them anyway. (I don’t reccomend anyone try that for comparisons sake).

I’ll try the rest iced, but I’m just thinking this one isn’t for me.

Thanks for letting me try it, though Shadowfall