Kokomo Green

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “So this tea has an average rating of 60. Wow. I don't know that I've seen a DAVIDsTEA collectively that unpopular - maybe Aloha Pu-erh? Anyway, I bought this on a whim/moment of weakness, and...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1409 tasting notes
  • “It is with great excitement I announce I made a good cup of iced Kokomo green! I say "with great excitement" because I was really kicking myself for buying this after two first disastrous...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 225 tasting notes
  • “This tea is the reason why I've had the Beach Boys stuck in my head for days. Thanks a lot! I cold steeped the whole 10g and I was unimpressed. The flavours were meh. The only note reaching out to...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “I love multi coloured teas, they are so nice to look at. They say that the first bite is with the eye and based on that belief this is very aesthetically pleasing. It has a very sweet pineapple and...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 984 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ooh we wanna take ya

Want to get away from it all? Somewhere exotic, perhaps? Try heading for a little place called Kokomo, where the sun is always hot and the drinks are always ice cold. Where fresh green tea mingles with the fruity, tropical flavours of pineapple, mango and papaya. A place where every aroma is intoxicating and every sip ends in a smile. Yes, this magical place really exists…and we’ve got your first class ticket right here. Down in Kokomo, you’ll be falling in love.

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

On first tasting, I did not like this tea a whole lot, but with this second time around, I like it. It is nice and mild and fruity in a tropical sense, not as bad as I thought it was.

I just got this one last night from my dad. He’s been great for picking up teas for me! He’s awesome! [and not just for getting me tea ;)]

I’m wishing I had steeped this for only 3 mins and added a bit more of the fruit. It’s definitely got a bit of grassiness that you would expect from a green tea. The fruit is nice but definitely on the light side. I’m going to have to have some more of it before I fully give it a rating. He got me lots too so I have tons of time to rate it :)

summer tea tasting day! very exciting.

first off, ALL of these teas look beautiful and just smell delicious. anyway, on to the specifics!

this one smells really fruity, even after it has been steeped, which is always nice.
it’s probably the passion fruit flavouring that comes out first, then a nice wave of supportive green tea with mango lingering on the tongue.
i feel like after so many “mango and green tea” variations, DAVIDs has finally come up with this one that’s just a touch more complex, more layers making this a standout tea.
i can see the fruit flavours really coming alive once iced and hit with a bit of sweetener.
i wasn’t expecting to love this one, but i’d keep it on hand to have hot OR iced throughout the summer. nice one!!

Day #12 of the advent calendar! A semi-new taste experience for me, as I’ve only ever had this flavour once before back when it first came out (and then it was iced, not hot like I’m drinking now). I do appreciate the fruity green teas, so I enjoy this one. It’s not my favourite, but I’ll definitely be sad when my tin is empty.

With the heat wave and summer conditions in Victoria as of late this one definitely hit the spot. Hot, the tea tastes similar to Daydreamer and carries that nostalgia. Cold, ah it is just right. I made this as a straight iced tea once and then the second time I had it I made it as a tea lemonade with the mango lemonade that has just come out from Minute Maid.

It just perked up even further and after doing some gardening that is just what I needed to rejuvenate my energy in time for dance. As a May tea of the month I have to admit Kokomo was the perfect name to choose. For the weather has fit the description for both the song and this new tea. Hope everyone got a chance to be out in the tropical conditions and enjoyed this blend at the same time.

I went to the mall yesterday to pick up a couple of things and just as I was leaving, I passed right by the Davids Tea…well I just had to go in didn’t I? I saw this tea as the tea of the month on the shelf and asked to smell it. I agree with the other comments who have mentioned that this is very similar to Daydreamer; I would also compare the smell to that of Happy Komboucha. I did however enjoy those brews more than this one. This tea lacked flavour and I probably would not have this one again. Perhaps iced, but not likely.

Picked up 25g of this to try whilst getting more of my favourites. Smelled it and had to try it.

Initial thoughts – Smells a lot like Daydreamer, however I haven’t tried that particular tea so can’t speak for how similar it tastes. Smells like Fuzzy Peaches candy. o.o

Green teas are hit or miss for me. Kokomo Green though, is growing on me. You can really taste the mango in this one. A bit bitter, but not in a bad way? Its not something I could have in a big mug every day, but a little cup after waking up.. cleared my head right up.

Fair warning, DO NOT oversteep this tea, it will turn out overpoweringly bitter.

Sipdown (382/365)

Holy cow I am sad to see this one go! I hadn’t had it before, and it is so good. Juicy and fruity and just plain good. I really taste the mango and as a coldbrew, this is wonderful.

Gonna have to pick up some more.

It’s bitter no matter what I do to it so it’s a nope. And I’m already sick of the smell.

ETA: a 30 second steep resulted in a drinkable but heavily flowery brew. Eh.

I don’t know why this tea has such a bad rating, ‘cause I love it. It’s fresh, delicious, it tastes like it smells – what more can you ask? Favourite part is the almost champagne-like aftertaste.