Kokomo Green

Green Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Mango, Marigold Petals, Papaya, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Rose, Sweet, Tropical, Plants, Sour, Floral, Flowers
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Ooh we wanna take ya

Want to get away from it all? Somewhere exotic, perhaps? Try heading for a little place called Kokomo, where the sun is always hot and the drinks are always ice cold. Where fresh green tea mingles with the fruity, tropical flavours of pineapple, mango and papaya. A place where every aroma is intoxicating and every sip ends in a smile. Yes, this magical place really exists…and we’ve got your first class ticket right here. Down in Kokomo, you’ll be falling in love.

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

On first tasting, I did not like this tea a whole lot, but with this second time around, I like it. It is nice and mild and fruity in a tropical sense, not as bad as I thought it was.

I just got this one last night from my dad. He’s been great for picking up teas for me! He’s awesome! [and not just for getting me tea ;)]

I’m wishing I had steeped this for only 3 mins and added a bit more of the fruit. It’s definitely got a bit of grassiness that you would expect from a green tea. The fruit is nice but definitely on the light side. I’m going to have to have some more of it before I fully give it a rating. He got me lots too so I have tons of time to rate it :)

summer tea tasting day! very exciting.

first off, ALL of these teas look beautiful and just smell delicious. anyway, on to the specifics!

this one smells really fruity, even after it has been steeped, which is always nice.
it’s probably the passion fruit flavouring that comes out first, then a nice wave of supportive green tea with mango lingering on the tongue.
i feel like after so many “mango and green tea” variations, DAVIDs has finally come up with this one that’s just a touch more complex, more layers making this a standout tea.
i can see the fruit flavours really coming alive once iced and hit with a bit of sweetener.
i wasn’t expecting to love this one, but i’d keep it on hand to have hot OR iced throughout the summer. nice one!!

Day #12 of the advent calendar! A semi-new taste experience for me, as I’ve only ever had this flavour once before back when it first came out (and then it was iced, not hot like I’m drinking now). I do appreciate the fruity green teas, so I enjoy this one. It’s not my favourite, but I’ll definitely be sad when my tin is empty.

With the heat wave and summer conditions in Victoria as of late this one definitely hit the spot. Hot, the tea tastes similar to Daydreamer and carries that nostalgia. Cold, ah it is just right. I made this as a straight iced tea once and then the second time I had it I made it as a tea lemonade with the mango lemonade that has just come out from Minute Maid.

It just perked up even further and after doing some gardening that is just what I needed to rejuvenate my energy in time for dance. As a May tea of the month I have to admit Kokomo was the perfect name to choose. For the weather has fit the description for both the song and this new tea. Hope everyone got a chance to be out in the tropical conditions and enjoyed this blend at the same time.

I went to the mall yesterday to pick up a couple of things and just as I was leaving, I passed right by the Davids Tea…well I just had to go in didn’t I? I saw this tea as the tea of the month on the shelf and asked to smell it. I agree with the other comments who have mentioned that this is very similar to Daydreamer; I would also compare the smell to that of Happy Komboucha. I did however enjoy those brews more than this one. This tea lacked flavour and I probably would not have this one again. Perhaps iced, but not likely.

Picked up 25g of this to try whilst getting more of my favourites. Smelled it and had to try it.

Initial thoughts – Smells a lot like Daydreamer, however I haven’t tried that particular tea so can’t speak for how similar it tastes. Smells like Fuzzy Peaches candy. o.o

Green teas are hit or miss for me. Kokomo Green though, is growing on me. You can really taste the mango in this one. A bit bitter, but not in a bad way? Its not something I could have in a big mug every day, but a little cup after waking up.. cleared my head right up.

Fair warning, DO NOT oversteep this tea, it will turn out overpoweringly bitter.

This tea is better served cold IMO although tonight I’m feeling like something warm and floral/fruity – so Kokomo does the trick.

I had a heavy Easter dinner and this is hitting the spot right now – it always reminds me of tropical-scented perfume… it’s got a very strong scent.

I snagged this from a friend’s tea collection last time we hung out, without knowing anything about it. It smelled yummy.

I was a little worried about how it was going to turn out, given all the bad reviews here and the low rating. I’d also grabbed Aloha Puer at the same time and that was awful.

No worries though – this is actually quite delicious. Very tropical, fruity and not at all generic tasting like many fruity green teas. There are distinct notes of pineapple, papaya and mango, and a well balanced rose flavour that makes this pretty unique among the flavoured greens in my collection.

The green tea flavour is pretty subtle – it’s there, but the fruit and floral notes take centre stage here.

I’m pretty impressed with how well this has aged and how much I’m enjoying it.

Flavors: Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Rose, Sweet, Tropical

Roswell Strange

Aloha Pu’Erh is the second lowest rated DT blend on Steepster, the worst one being Cherry Cola. I’ve never had Aloha Pu’Erh (though I’ve smelled it and it smelled so wrong) – but I have had Cherry Cola, and it definitely is worthy of its rating.

OMGsrsly

Cherry Cola was… there are no words.

Anlina

Wow. I’m impressed that something managed to get a worse overall rating than Aloha Puer, which was all fish and dirt milkshake for me.

Anlina

Hah, it’s the second lowest rated tea on Steepster and the lowest rated on that has any tasting notes. http://steepster.com/teas?page=1311

Sipdown!

This tea did grow on me as I made my way through it. It definitely is much better cold brewed. Even then, it still tastes kind of bitter and plant-like. Nice papaya note too though. Still, there are better teas to get papaya from. Won’t be buying more of this.

Flavors: Fruity, Plants