Kokomo Green

Green Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Mango, Marigold Petals, Papaya, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Mango, Sour, Floral, Flowers
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Ooh we wanna take ya

Want to get away from it all? Somewhere exotic, perhaps? Try heading for a little place called Kokomo, where the sun is always hot and the drinks are always ice cold. Where fresh green tea mingles with the fruity, tropical flavours of pineapple, mango and papaya. A place where every aroma is intoxicating and every sip ends in a smile. Yes, this magical place really exists…and we’ve got your first class ticket right here. Down in Kokomo, you’ll be falling in love.

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I had bought this to make iced tea and it was a mistake. I should have been more careful reading the label because the three different types of flower petals should have been a tip-off. This tea is SO floral. I’m working my way through the little tin I got on sale, but it’s not great. It seems to work a bit better as hot tea; something about the chilling really seems to bring out the floral notes.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers

If nothing else, as I brewed this tea up yesterday, I realized I know all of the words to “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys (or the Muppets, depending on your childhood). Hot, I did not care for this at all. But then I coldbrewed it overnight and the coldbrew is lovely and fruity and delicious. It’s juicy and definitely quenching my thirst. Delicious.

Anlina

I too could probably sing most, if not all, of that song.

rosebudmelissa

I know it better from the Muppets :)

It’s bitter no matter what I do to it so it’s a nope. And I’m already sick of the smell.

ETA: a 30 second steep resulted in a drinkable but heavily flowery brew. Eh.

I don’t know why this tea has such a bad rating, ‘cause I love it. It’s fresh, delicious, it tastes like it smells – what more can you ask? Favourite part is the almost champagne-like aftertaste.

I actually love this tea. I opened my tea calendar today and thought it would be slightly gross, but once I got it in my thermos, I was crying tears of joy. Would recommend!

This tea smells like a tropical paradise. Warm, fresh, fruity, wonderful.

Unfortunately, it tastes rather like perfume.

I’m wondering if it has to do with the fact that it’s green tea, and yet a temperature of 92 degrees Celsius for over five minutes is recommended. The information.. doesn’t seem to make sense together. I will have to try it again later with a more apt green tea steep.

However, based on what is suggested…. it tastes like perfume and that’s about all I can say. Good perfume, kind of fruity… but perfume nonetheless.

Kokomo Green is the 12th tea in the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar, and one that I was really hoping I’d like. I enjoy fruity greens and have had some similar tropical blends from other tea shops, but Kokomo Green was unappealing from the moment I opened the tin.

It has a strong papaya/pineapple scent and flavor that overwhelms any hint of tea in the blend and it’s just not a taste that works for me. The directions state that it should be brewed at 200 degrees for five to seven minutes (???), which ends up with a tea that’s so bitter it’s almost undrinkable. I also tried with a lower temperature and a shorter infusion and while it was less bitter, I still didn’t enjoy the flavors. I think this would have been better with less pineapple and without the cornflower, and it’s definitely not a tea I’ll revisit. Yuck.

This tea is absolutely delicious. It is very strong and fruity! The perfect way to bring in the summer! It has tonnes of flower petals, which I am a HUGE fan of, and they give the tea a beautiful, perfect and strong, floral aroma :) The papaya and mango work together and give a nice sweet taste that is not tangy at all!

The green tea base is fantastic and is not astringent at all (if you brew it properly). I would definitely recommend this tea, hot or cold!

I tried following the instructions for this team and it turned out both uot and iced a bitter mess. After lowering heat and steep time it was not bitter but so weak. My third attempt at somewhere in the middle yielded what I think what it’s supposed to taste like but I can hardly get any mango or pineapple. This tea is just too high maintenance to get right and not even that great of a team. waste of a 20 g bag