Kokomo Green

Green Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Mango, Marigold Petals, Papaya, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Rose, Sweet, Tropical, Plants, Sour, Floral, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “So this tea has an average rating of 60. Wow. I don’t know that I’ve seen a DAVIDsTEA collectively that unpopular – maybe Aloha Pu-erh? Anyway, I bought this on a whim/moment of...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1774 tasting notes
  • “It is with great excitement I announce I made a good cup of iced Kokomo green! I say “with great excitement” because I was really kicking myself for buying this after two first...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 283 tasting notes
  • “This tea is the reason why I’ve had the Beach Boys stuck in my head for days. Thanks a lot! I cold steeped the whole 10g and I was unimpressed. The flavours were meh. The only note reaching...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1246 tasting notes
  • “I love multi coloured teas, they are so nice to look at. They say that the first bite is with the eye and based on that belief this is very aesthetically pleasing. It has a very sweet pineapple and...” Read full tasting note
    KittyLovesTea 1297 tasting notes

Ooh we wanna take ya

Want to get away from it all? Somewhere exotic, perhaps? Try heading for a little place called Kokomo, where the sun is always hot and the drinks are always ice cold. Where fresh green tea mingles with the fruity, tropical flavours of pineapple, mango and papaya. A place where every aroma is intoxicating and every sip ends in a smile. Yes, this magical place really exists…and we’ve got your first class ticket right here. Down in Kokomo, you’ll be falling in love.

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea did grow on me as I made my way through it. It definitely is much better cold brewed. Even then, it still tastes kind of bitter and plant-like. Nice papaya note too though. Still, there are better teas to get papaya from. Won’t be buying more of this.

Flavors: Fruity, Plants

Iced 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

It’s already feeling like summer here. Where did winter go? Did it really happen this year? Who knows…

This is an appropriately summery green tea blend with flower petals and dried fruit mixed in. The aroma is sweet pineapple and a whiff of other tropical fruit. The tea base didn’t really come through after steeping. It’s definitely fruit and sweet, but in a candy-like, slightly artificial way. It might be good as an iced beverage or tea soda, but as a hot (now warm) brew it’s a bit too sweet for me. It reminds me of one of DAVIDs other blends that is just pieces of fruit…I can’t quite remember the name right now. Thanks beelicious for the sample, there are (really) just a few left to try now :)

LOL – it’s like the neverending bag of tea :)

I was proud to discover the untrieds all fit into one small ziploc bag today :D

This tea has a decided sour note to it. I don’t know what the sourness it but it is prevalent.

I brewed this tea once in an 18 oz teapot with 3 tsp leaf and 160 degree water for 3 min.

Flavors: Sour

You are not alone. I couldn’t get over the bitterness of this tea. :P

It smelled good too, that is the sad part. I am trying to drink more greens because of the caffeine element but I find them hit or miss.

Flavored green teas can be really problematic if they are not done well. ;-/

I had bought this to make iced tea and it was a mistake. I should have been more careful reading the label because the three different types of flower petals should have been a tip-off. This tea is SO floral. I’m working my way through the little tin I got on sale, but it’s not great. It seems to work a bit better as hot tea; something about the chilling really seems to bring out the floral notes.

Flavors: Floral, Flowers

If nothing else, as I brewed this tea up yesterday, I realized I know all of the words to “Kokomo” by The Beach Boys (or the Muppets, depending on your childhood). Hot, I did not care for this at all. But then I coldbrewed it overnight and the coldbrew is lovely and fruity and delicious. It’s juicy and definitely quenching my thirst. Delicious.

I too could probably sing most, if not all, of that song.

I know it better from the Muppets :)

It’s bitter no matter what I do to it so it’s a nope. And I’m already sick of the smell.

ETA: a 30 second steep resulted in a drinkable but heavily flowery brew. Eh.

I don’t know why this tea has such a bad rating, ‘cause I love it. It’s fresh, delicious, it tastes like it smells – what more can you ask? Favourite part is the almost champagne-like aftertaste.

I actually love this tea. I opened my tea calendar today and thought it would be slightly gross, but once I got it in my thermos, I was crying tears of joy. Would recommend!

This tea smells like a tropical paradise. Warm, fresh, fruity, wonderful.

Unfortunately, it tastes rather like perfume.

I’m wondering if it has to do with the fact that it’s green tea, and yet a temperature of 92 degrees Celsius for over five minutes is recommended. The information.. doesn’t seem to make sense together. I will have to try it again later with a more apt green tea steep.

However, based on what is suggested…. it tastes like perfume and that’s about all I can say. Good perfume, kind of fruity… but perfume nonetheless.