Kokomo Green

Green Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Cornflower Petals, Green Tea, Mango, Marigold Petals, Papaya, Pineapple, Rose Petals
Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Rose, Sweet, Tropical, Plants, Sour, Floral, Flowers
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

From DAVIDsTEA

Ooh we wanna take ya

Want to get away from it all? Somewhere exotic, perhaps? Try heading for a little place called Kokomo, where the sun is always hot and the drinks are always ice cold. Where fresh green tea mingles with the fruity, tropical flavours of pineapple, mango and papaya. A place where every aroma is intoxicating and every sip ends in a smile. Yes, this magical place really exists…and we’ve got your first class ticket right here. Down in Kokomo, you’ll be falling in love.

Ingredients: Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Kokomo Green is the 12th tea in the 2013 DavidsTea advent calendar, and one that I was really hoping I’d like. I enjoy fruity greens and have had some similar tropical blends from other tea shops, but Kokomo Green was unappealing from the moment I opened the tin.

It has a strong papaya/pineapple scent and flavor that overwhelms any hint of tea in the blend and it’s just not a taste that works for me. The directions state that it should be brewed at 200 degrees for five to seven minutes (???), which ends up with a tea that’s so bitter it’s almost undrinkable. I also tried with a lower temperature and a shorter infusion and while it was less bitter, I still didn’t enjoy the flavors. I think this would have been better with less pineapple and without the cornflower, and it’s definitely not a tea I’ll revisit. Yuck.

This tea is absolutely delicious. It is very strong and fruity! The perfect way to bring in the summer! It has tonnes of flower petals, which I am a HUGE fan of, and they give the tea a beautiful, perfect and strong, floral aroma :) The papaya and mango work together and give a nice sweet taste that is not tangy at all!

The green tea base is fantastic and is not astringent at all (if you brew it properly). I would definitely recommend this tea, hot or cold!

I tried following the instructions for this team and it turned out both uot and iced a bitter mess. After lowering heat and steep time it was not bitter but so weak. My third attempt at somewhere in the middle yielded what I think what it’s supposed to taste like but I can hardly get any mango or pineapple. This tea is just too high maintenance to get right and not even that great of a team. waste of a 20 g bag

I just…
I love this.
It smells amazing, and when you add agave to it, there’s a tropical tea party in my mouth.

I’m rarely disappointed with an “on the whim” tea purchase, but this is definitely one of them.

The smell is exactly what I expected. Step onto a tropical island, and whabam. Kokomo Green tea. The taste, however? I still can’t get over the bitterness. I tried steeping it for literally 60 seconds. Bitter. It was cheek-hurting. I don’t HATE this tea, but I certainly don’t like it. This could have been so good…but then something wrecks it. Is it the rose petals? I don’t taste them in the tea, I would even go out of my way to say they add nothing to the tea at all. I’m tempted to try picking all of the rose petals out of a scoop and see if it makes it better. Blargh.

Won’t be buying this again.

What words come to mind when I think about Kokomo Green… poison? drain cleaner? A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B? Seriously though, this tea was undrinkable both hot and cold. I didn’t like the smell of the dry leaf (which, granted, doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like the brew… I love DT’s Secret Weapon but I never want to smell it again). Brewed, it smelt exactly like perfume meets some sort of cleaning product and it just so happened that it tasted that way too. VERY flowery, little fruit. Green tea base created this strange vegetal background flavour. I had to dump the cup after drinking about half. It took me 2 hours to get the smell away from me, my kitchen and my steeper.

It’s a shame that you can’t rate teas in the negative.

Didn’t really like this one, I thought it had a very strange aftertaste and it was bitter even if brewed with water under the boiling point.

I’m not a tea connoisseur by any means, but I gather this tea is more suited for sweetening in an ice tea, or enhanced with some honey to balance the taste with the aroma. The smell is sweet in itself, infused with scents of pineapples and mango. Its not exactly what I’d go for to start my day, but it has potential.

I bought this tea yesterday because it smelled so compelling in the can. Such a strong sweet smell can only mean good things right?

However, I’m almost fairly certain I burnt the tea a wee bit because I didn’t wait long enough to let it cool to 93C before pouring it over the tea. It’s still really good and has a lovely taste, but it’s got that burnt taste in the background just ruining everything