Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “Aww... Why does this have to be so darn expensive? I bought 20 grams for $2.70 and I had to use the entire packet for my small teapot. I can get a couple of whole mangos for that price! I know...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 350 tasting notes
  • “Made this as a cold brew. Brewed for about 12 hours. Cold brewed there is definitely more of a fruit punch taste, similar to the Hawaiian Tropics fruit punch drink. There is definitely a mango...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes
  • “i'm drinking herbal. cuz i need to get better sleep. cuz let me tell you, i went to bed early last night on the super rare occasion that i was actually tired AND could also fall asleep. and as a...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 715 tasting notes
  • “Well that sucks. I got this tea as a sample with my last DT order. I understand this is a heavy tea, but dannnng at least put enough tea in the sample bag for me to make the suggested serving on...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 937 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I bought this as an attempt to replace last summer’s fruity watermelon tea. I love fruity teas that are just as good iced as they are hot, and thought this one would be the winner.

I’m disappointed, but not because of taste. This tea is darn good. It tastes exactly like juice, which is precisely what I wanted. The unfortunate part: because it’s solid mango, pineapple and orange chunks it weighs almost twice as much as other teas. That’s crazy! For that reason, it gets a lower rating. It saddens me to say it, but I won’t be buying this again (because it tastes so good). The quest for a fruity-watermelon tea replacer continues…

Expensive but worth every penny. This is one of my favourite fruit herbal teas. It’s wonderful hot or cold. I sure hope they bring it back as a regular flavour that can be purchased year round. I am sorry that I didn’t go buy a few more tins before the flavour disappeared.

Boiling 8 min or more

Mango Fruit Punch was the first one I tried. It’s made of only dried fruits and flowers (yay). But don’t try to eat those dried fruits right out of the bag because they are infused with strong flavoring. Overall, this tea does taste like fruit punch! It’s really sweet and it kind of reminds me of juice! The only thing I’m not a fan of in this tea is all the sediment at the bottom. There is SO MUCH it’s annoying, but worth it because the tea just tastes so nice and fruity. Good for a day at the beach (iced, of course)!

So this week I was on a buying kick and I decided to try all of the Summer 2013 teas (again!) I bought a pitcher pack of each tea and I cold steeped it with a little rock sugar (because I’m a tea rebel! Wait… Those two words don’t go together! LOL!) for a couple of hours. When I tasted my first sip, it was strange. Not bad, yet not particularly blow-your-socks-off-kaboomazing either. It is like a tropical fruit punch with a strong mango flavour which are the pro’s. On the other hand, this tea for me had a very strong medicinal and bitter flavor that I could barely handle. Furthermore, I found that I really didn’t care for the little yellow and red debris that managed to get through the strainer in my steeper. SIPDOWN. Or should I say SIP-UPintomytoilet… #ain’tnobodygotmoneyforthis.

Iced 8 min or more

This tea is delicious! It is too bad that it is sooooo heavy! 100g barley got me half a tin! I think I will try to mix it with some plain rooibos or black tea to make it last a little longer. It is very fruity and the description of the tea is spot on! It is great both iced and hot, it does need to be steeped for quite a while, but luckily it doesn’t go bitter.

I Instantly fell in LOVE with this tea the moment I first tried it. I found that when making enough for two I tend to overload the tea into the steeper but it only made the tea that much better! it works out perfectly actually because my mother likes her tea a bit more watered down so i would take the bottom tea from the steeper and she would take the top! definitely recommend this for the fruit tea lovers :)

This is an interesting tea because it tastes just like juice. Like other reviewers, I’m saddened that it’s so heavy and thus super pricey. Flavour-wise… I don’t know, it’s just “okay”. I got 100g of it thinking it would be a good summer tea and it is. But… there are iced teas that I prefer from DT this season.