Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Mango, Pineapple, Fruit Punch, Fruity, Tropical, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

Juicy. Fruity. Mango. Pineapple. Sweet. Tart. Fresh. Delicious.

Huge pieces of fruit. Why does it have to be so expensive? I bought a pre-packaged amount as they were on their way to discontinuing this tea and because the tea is all huge pieces of fruit, maybe, maybe, maybe I’ll get another cup or two from this packet.

That said, if this tea came back, I would probably pick some up from time to time because it really is good. David’s really needs good fresh-tasting herbals that taste like real something. This one does.

I noticed that the imitation flavours started coming up as the tea got cooler. Boo. My rating does not reflect that falseness coming up though.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Oops. Apparently I’ve already reviewed this one.

Some of the fruit blends can be so crazily heavy, eh? When you’re at-home brewed tea amounts to like $3-4 a cup, something’s a little screwed up.

Evol Ving Ness

I’ve tried this tea once before in the store and loved it, and I went to order it online and it was sold out! Thankfully my local store had some so I stocked up. It’s deliciously sweet and tart at the same time – and fabulous hot or cold. It’s chunky and heavy, so a bit on the pricey side, but worth it for a nice treat!

i always have an issue with ice tea, regarding quantities, not to be too strong but not too weak since ice is added after steeping..

This tea is definitely best consumed while cold/iced. It barely tastes like a tea at all and I’ve found that my friends, who are not avid tea drinkers, enjoy this tea as well.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Tropical

So i realised today, that it’s my steepsterversary…so in my continuing trend of yearly posts…

Year 1
874 different teas
2101 Tasting notes
235 teas in my cupboard

Year 2
1058 different teas (so i’m up to 1932)
2446 tasting notes (up to 4547 now)
174 teas in my cupboard – with only 4 teas being from 2013 and those from December of that year

Year 3
648 different teas (so i’m up to 2580)
1810 tasting notes (up to 6357 now)
103 teas in my cupboard

What that all tells me is that i’ve finally stopped trying ALL THE TEAS, and i’ve started to figure out what it is that i really like. I’m picking up more of my faovurites and less “random things” to try.

I have made lots of awesome steepster friends and had some great times with ppl learning about their tea preferences and their lives :) After three years around here, I’m still having a blast, loving tea drinking and loving this place! In case you guys didn’t know this – you’re awesome and quite possibly one of the few places on the internet where the trolls don’t come out :)

Love this! Happy Steepsterversary!!

Roswell Strange

Happy Steepsterversary!

Yay! so awesome! Happy Steepsterversary!

Tea Leaf Co

HAPPY STEEPSTERVERSARY SIL! That’s quite impressive!! :D

Impressive! I, as well, don’t need to try ALL THE TEAS either anymore

thanks guys! it’s been a fun ride!

Wow, that is quite an achievement of tea drinking! Congrats!

Happy Belated Steepsterversary!!! you are a sampling machine. Also nobody can beat you in sipdowns. when i thought i figured my likes/dislikes i realized i should not narrow myself to puerh. and now im exploring oolongs to train my taste buds. its long journey ahead of us !

a journey that can last a lifetime!

Awesome, Congrats!

First taste of the new collection for me. It’s pretty good, mango with pineapple coming out towards the end of the sip, but I feel it’s pretty typical for a mango tea from DAVID’s. Given that it’s nothing special for me, I doubt I’ll be picking up any of this, but I enjoyed my cup.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple