Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

First taste of the new collection for me. It’s pretty good, mango with pineapple coming out towards the end of the sip, but I feel it’s pretty typical for a mango tea from DAVID’s. Given that it’s nothing special for me, I doubt I’ll be picking up any of this, but I enjoyed my cup.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Drinking with my brother part 2

After drinking that confusing cup of weak cola tea. I pulled this tea out of my sample box. The smell of this is AMAZING. I was so excited once I saw strawberry in there as well, I didn’t know it would be mango strawberry. This one brews very clean and smells just as strong as before it is steeped. This is the second mango tea from David’s Tea that I have had and it has convinced me to purchase all their mango teas. The sweetness is on point with this one.

This one ripped open when I was sorting through the last third of my package from beelicious consisting of all the DAVIDsTea samples, so I might as well have one more tea tonight! It’s caffeine-free, so no need to worry about whether it’s too late for tea.

The blend is made of dried fruit pieces (proven to be delicious by taste-test) and some flower petals. The tea steeps up yellowish in color, and has a sweet tropical fruit smell. The taste is also similar to a tropical punch with mango, pineapple, and citrus flavors. It’s a bit on the sugary side, especially when warm. In my experience, fruit pieces themselves don’t impart a very strong taste, so some of the taste might be due to added flavoring. That thought aside, it’s not bad and is exactly what it’s supposed to be like, though it reminds me more of the typical juice drink than a tisane.

Day #10 of tea! A nice flashback to the summer when I had this blend a couple of times…. I like it, but I never actually bought any of it in tins or anything because it’s just so darn expensive for a herbal tea. I had a sample pack of this that I used for today’s steep, and there was just enough in it to make one cup. Boo and hiss. I also brewed this hot, and I think I like this better iced – but I’m not making iced tea first thing in the morning in December! As it stands, though, I generally love fruity teas, so this will be a pleasant sip down.

Right off the bat, the dry “leaf” smells like fruit roll-ups if there was a mango version. It looks more like a dried fruit medley than an herbal tea. The ingredients list includes sugar AND marigold. I prefer my tea blends unsweetened and marigold always clogs up my steepers. So this tea has a lot going against it before I’ve even added water.

The brew is yellow. Not golden or delicate or dark or bright, just… yellow. It tastes like watered-down juice, which is about what I expected. Not bad, but not tea. If I want juice, I’ll drink juice. These blends are rather confounding – since they have sugar, they’re not exactly a healthy alternative to juice. Nor are they tea-like. So… what’s the point? I genuinely want to know. What’s the appeal of a fruity, sugary herbal blend over watered-down juice?

This does make a good “tea”-pop. Once the brew cooled, I added chilled seltzer in a 2-to-1 ratio. The result was similar to Izze Sparkling Juice Soda. So I guess this is useful for making knock-off Izze at home, slightly cheaper than store-bought.

Low score for being pre-sweetened and tasting more like juice than anything else. Score adjusted upwards for making a good “tea”-pop.

Thanks to DavidsTea for the sample!

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is true to it’s name. It tastes like fruit punch, very juicy. I’m getting lots of orange, with some peach and mango.

I like this better than many fruit tisanes. It’s sweet and tart and tastes like actual fruit. I’m glad I grabbed some of this when they were clearing it out.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart