Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Strawberry, Sweet, Tropical, Artificial, Peach, Tart, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

I cold steeped this for over 24 hours I think and it’s nice and fruity. Full of mango flavoured goodness. It does taste like fruit punch and I think it’s good both cold steeped and iced. Great mango, pineapple flavour here.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Pineapple

8 min or more

Bought this a while ago and am just now getting around to reviewing it. Cold brewed this overnight in the fridge the other day. It’s quite refreshing and the mango flavor really pops out at you cold brewed. Don’t know what it tastes like hot. It’s quite good cold. I would buy this again.

Steeped 8tsp leaf in a 64oz Iced Tea Pitcher overnight in the fridge. I did add some sugar syrup to this but you could easily do without sugar on this one. It is very sweet on it’s own.

Flavors: Mango

Iced 8 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

I tried this iced, it was quite refreshing. A strong orange and pineapple taste. The one downside was it smelt like warm orange juice in the bag, which I found repulsive.

8 min or more

Drank this one hot today; I’d never tried it hot prior to today and I wasn’t sure whether or not it’d be a step up or down from the cold brewed/iced version.

It takes so much leaf to make a good brew out of this tea, regardless of how you’re making it. And it’s such a heavy blend that it’s just NOT cost effective. But that said, despite it taking like 14g of tea to make a good mug of this it tasted very good. Rich, juicy and succulent notes of mango and orange, and then this sweetness that reminded me of bubble gum. Mango bubble gum tea? Yes! So much yums.

I think I actually liked it more than the cold brewed version which I was definitely not expecting.

VariaTEA

The store I was at today had no Mango Fruit Punch left loose so I got the pitcher packs (buy 4 get 1 free) only to realized after the fact that that meant I bought over 100gs of this tea. So that realization made me nervous until I remebered that, as you said, this is so heavy that 100g should not be that hard to get through.

As soon as the DT sales associate opened their tea tin for me to smell this, I exclaimed “WOW, now THAT is a heavy tea!” There is literally entire slices of orange in this. I did, however, grab 20g because it smells heavenly citrusy.

My boyfriend actually liked this one more than I did. Probably because it tastes almost exactly like orange soda (I’m talkin’ ’bout you, Orange Crush) and was quite sweet. I actually considered sweetening it while it was brewing to counter the strong citrusy punch I was expecting. Then I remembered DT dumps sweetener into all their teas. It did not need extra sweetening whatsoever.

I will probably just try the rest of this iced. It doesn’t sit right with me as a hot tea (imagine drinking hot Orange Crush…) so giving it a second chance as iced might redeem itself a bit.

Still smells amazing though!

Kristal

To quote my comment on a different person’s tasting note on this same tea
It’s a nice iced tea, albeit sooo heavy & expensive :(. And yes, no sweetener needed!

Very fruity and delicious. Good cold and hot. Almost tastes more like a juice than a tea.