Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

• “Aww... Why does this have to be so darn expensive? I bought 20 grams for $2.70 and I had to use the entire packet for my small teapot. I can get a couple of whole mangos for that price! I know...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 351 tasting notes
  • “Made this as a cold brew. Brewed for about 12 hours. Cold brewed there is definitely more of a fruit punch taste, similar to the Hawaiian Tropics fruit punch drink. There is definitely a mango...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 783 tasting notes
  • “i'm drinking herbal. cuz i need to get better sleep. cuz let me tell you, i went to bed early last night on the super rare occasion that i was actually tired AND could also fall asleep. and as a...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 744 tasting notes
  • “Well that sucks. I got this tea as a sample with my last DT order. I understand this is a heavy tea, but dannnng at least put enough tea in the sample bag for me to make the suggested serving on...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1066 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

Right off the bat, the dry “leaf” smells like fruit roll-ups if there was a mango version. It looks more like a dried fruit medley than an herbal tea. The ingredients list includes sugar AND marigold. I prefer my tea blends unsweetened and marigold always clogs up my steepers. So this tea has a lot going against it before I’ve even added water.

The brew is yellow. Not golden or delicate or dark or bright, just… yellow. It tastes like watered-down juice, which is about what I expected. Not bad, but not tea. If I want juice, I’ll drink juice. These blends are rather confounding – since they have sugar, they’re not exactly a healthy alternative to juice. Nor are they tea-like. So… what’s the point? I genuinely want to know. What’s the appeal of a fruity, sugary herbal blend over watered-down juice?

This does make a good “tea”-pop. Once the brew cooled, I added chilled seltzer in a 2-to-1 ratio. The result was similar to Izze Sparkling Juice Soda. So I guess this is useful for making knock-off Izze at home, slightly cheaper than store-bought.

Low score for being pre-sweetened and tasting more like juice than anything else. Score adjusted upwards for making a good “tea”-pop.

Thanks to DavidsTea for the sample!

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is true to it’s name. It tastes like fruit punch, very juicy. I’m getting lots of orange, with some peach and mango.

I like this better than many fruit tisanes. It’s sweet and tart and tastes like actual fruit. I’m glad I grabbed some of this when they were clearing it out.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

Too many different flavours and pronounced tartness. I would avoid purchasing this tisane as the fruit pieces are so large and heavy. This would probably make a nice cold brew.

Boiling 13 OZ / 375 ML
Dustin

I always feel a little deceived when I pay tea prices for trail mix. :/

The Mango and the fruity flavours are strong and sweet – YUMMY!!!! Not plain mango but full and well-balanced. Good cold too :D

Flavors: Mango, Orange

There’s a slight fruit punch taste, but you can’t really taste it unless you brew it very strong. I’m currently sipping this on a hot and sunny day, and it’s quite refreshing! All the flavours in this are very muted. I just wish you could get a stronger brew with the suggested amount (1.25 tsp) but overall, an good summer iced tea.

2 tsp

Got this as a sample with one of my last tea orders and read some of the comments here and decided to try cold brewing for the first time.
Not sure I did it right, I boiled my water and used the bubble teapot I ordered and let it steep for a little longer than 7 minutes with the miniscule amount in the pouch.

Verdict: looks like pee, doesn’t have a strong flavor in the sample (but I’m sure once you get about 25g to a tin, you’ll get enough for a stronger flavour), but it did smell really good as an herbal tea.
Tempted to mix in some 5ive Alive with this stuff for some more flavour, it just tastes like very lightly flavoured water.

Would have given a bigger rating if there was more in the pouch and maybe if I steeped it longer.