Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Artificial, Mango, Orange, Fruity, Pineapple, Fruit Punch, Tropical, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

This is a nice fruity tea and much better iced than hot. I miss Mango Lassi, which they discontinued, and this one is an okay replacement (but definitely not the same). I find it a twinge too orangy and a little too artificial, but still fairly tasty.

Flavors: Artificial, Mango, Orange

This tea smells deliciously fruity both in dry form and while brewing. I tried it hot and did not like it. I did not think I would because I normally don`t like fruity teas hot. I then brewed it double strength and made an iced tea. I have mixed feelings about this tea iced. I can taste the mangoes and pineapples which is lovely but it kind of has an artificial taste to it and leaves an aftertaste that I am not too fond of. It is also an expensive tea since it is mostly big chunks of fruit and you pay for the teas by weight in grams. I will finish what I bought but do not think I will be buying anymore after.

Flavors: Artificial, Fruity

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Juicy. Fruity. Mango. Pineapple. Sweet. Tart. Fresh. Delicious.

Huge pieces of fruit. Why does it have to be so expensive? I bought a pre-packaged amount as they were on their way to discontinuing this tea and because the tea is all huge pieces of fruit, maybe, maybe, maybe I’ll get another cup or two from this packet.

That said, if this tea came back, I would probably pick some up from time to time because it really is good. David’s really needs good fresh-tasting herbals that taste like real something. This one does.

I noticed that the imitation flavours started coming up as the tea got cooler. Boo. My rating does not reflect that falseness coming up though.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Evol Ving Ness

Oops. Apparently I’ve already reviewed this one.

Fjellrev

Some of the fruit blends can be so crazily heavy, eh? When you’re at-home brewed tea amounts to like $3-4 a cup, something’s a little screwed up.

Evol Ving Ness

^Yes!

I’ve tried this tea once before in the store and loved it, and I went to order it online and it was sold out! Thankfully my local store had some so I stocked up. It’s deliciously sweet and tart at the same time – and fabulous hot or cold. It’s chunky and heavy, so a bit on the pricey side, but worth it for a nice treat!

i always have an issue with ice tea, regarding quantities, not to be too strong but not too weak since ice is added after steeping..

This tea is definitely best consumed while cold/iced. It barely tastes like a tea at all and I’ve found that my friends, who are not avid tea drinkers, enjoy this tea as well.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Tropical