Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Strawberry, Sweet, Tropical, Artificial, Pineapple, Peach, Tart, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mango mango mango! high hopes for this one, folks…

hmm, oddly tart. probably the citrus fruits in there. it truly does taste like a fruit punch, with kind of an artificial aftertaste though.
i’d try it iced, but not as a hot tea again.
it is something different though, i can see what they were going for and it will definitely work on ice.

I LOVE mango, but sadly I don’t love this.

I finally took the plunge and bought an iced tea pitcher today (yay!), and along with that I picked up a couple of the pitcher-perfect tea packages. This was one of the flavours.

While I absolutely loved this tea on dry sniff, it doesn’t taste like I thought it would at all. It reminds me of some icky citrus/peach-flavored drink that I would have had as a kid, or something, and it’s not all that appetizing. Mango is creamy and smooth and sweet and delicious, but for whatever reason I can’t taste any of that goodness in this tea.

…And now I have an entire pitcher of it to get through.

Editing to Add: I realized after I wrote this that the problem with this tea – for me – might just have been that I didn’t add enough sugar, and I may give it another chance in the future to test this theory out. We’ll see.

Iced 8 min or more

Finishing up the last of this in my tea stash. I’d actually completely forgotten about it! (Thank goodness for finding things in your own cupboard, and one more reason why I need to do more sipping.)

The first few steeps tasted exactly like a tropical fruit punch. It’s lost that a bit as its cooled off a bit, but it still gives a very nice, tropical aftertaste. While it’d be better if it kept this first impression, that’s still not bad!

Boiling 8 min or more

I don’t know how I feel about this one being reintroduced as a summer tea again this year. I liked it last year, don’t get me wrong. It was good as a hot tea, and it was good as an iced tea. But…holy geez. It’s a heavy tea. I asked for 100g of it, and got a tin about 1/3 full. It could have all fit in a bag! At least I got a free tin out of the deal…

Unlike many other reintroductions, this one tastes the same as last year (same cannot be said about Mom’s Apple Pie…boo.). Fruity, a bit of a tart after-taste, and sweet. Has that same awesome radioactive-orange colour, too. I don’t know how much “mango” I actually taste in the tea, and I think I said that last time, too. I do taste both the orange and pineapple quite clearly. I guess maybe I didn’t get gigantic chunks of mango in my scoop out of the big tin.

Like someone else mentioned in their note, I’m convinced this wouldn’t be difficult to make. Most of this is available at the bulk store (except maybe orange? I’d have to think about that one…), and so I’m really, really tempted to try to make my own of this. I’ve said that about Forever Nuts, too (and I buy that one because it’s so, so good…but it’s just apples, almonds and beet root! How hard can that be to make?!). I just don’t want to be double-disappointed if I go that route. lol

Verdict: wouldn’t likely buy because it’s SO heavy, but I do like it. So down-rated because of expense.

Very fruity and delicious. Good cold and hot. Almost tastes more like a juice than a tea.

I was not interested in this one of the summer/iced teas being offered this year, but ordered samples of it anyways. I ended up liking it the most of the collection. It’s a really nice different fruity blend, I definitely taste the mango, but its supplemented with orange flavor. It’s very nice and sweet, its like a watered down mango-y juice, which for 0 calories is actually pretty good! I don’t know if I would call it a favorite or a staple, but its a nice change and certainly one of the better fruit flavored teas I’ve tried.

I will give this tea a solid B. Very expensive for what it is, and high on the calories to boot, mostly because of the sugar in the tisane itself. It is quite sweet, but I did add a little splenda to brighten it up a little. Very fruit punchy, and a great tea for summer. I’d drink it a lot if it was cheaper.

I got the tea solo, which was 3.5 grams of tea. It got me one 64 oz Takeya pitcher with a good third left over. Definitely not enough to make another picture with.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Orange

Boiling 8 min or more 12 tsp 64 OZ / 1892 ML

Tastes just like a freshly made fruit punch. Super fruity and refreshing.

Flavors: Fruit Punch, Mango, Orange

I made a pitcher of this tea the other day because I’m desperately trying to de-clutter and sipdown the older teas in my stash. I brought the last few cups of it to work in my travel mug this morning.

It is a very heavy tea. I find I get more bang for my buck when I chop the larger pieces up in a food processor. That way there isn’t a random huge piece of dried tangerine or strawberry when I go to measure the tea.

That said, I love this tea. It’s delicious over ice, but I find it tastes so much better when steeped (for at least an hour) and then chilled. It’s literally like fruit juice, only thinner and without the pulp. This was my go-to summertime drink the summer it was released (2014). It also makes a fantastic base for other warm weather drinks – tea cocktails, slushies, etc.

I’m happy that, should I want to repurchase it once I’ve sipped down what remains of this DT LE blend in my stash, I can find it at other retailers.

Flavors: Mango, Strawberry, Sweet, Tropical

This is a nice fruity tea and much better iced than hot. I miss Mango Lassi, which they discontinued, and this one is an okay replacement (but definitely not the same). I find it a twinge too orangy and a little too artificial, but still fairly tasty.

Flavors: Artificial, Mango, Orange