Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Artificial, Mango, Orange, Fruity, Pineapple, Fruit Punch, Tropical, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

So i realised today, that it’s my steepsterversary…so in my continuing trend of yearly posts…

Year 1
874 different teas
2101 Tasting notes
235 teas in my cupboard

Year 2
1058 different teas (so i’m up to 1932)
2446 tasting notes (up to 4547 now)
174 teas in my cupboard – with only 4 teas being from 2013 and those from December of that year

Year 3
648 different teas (so i’m up to 2580)
1810 tasting notes (up to 6357 now)
103 teas in my cupboard

What that all tells me is that i’ve finally stopped trying ALL THE TEAS, and i’ve started to figure out what it is that i really like. I’m picking up more of my faovurites and less “random things” to try.

I have made lots of awesome steepster friends and had some great times with ppl learning about their tea preferences and their lives :) After three years around here, I’m still having a blast, loving tea drinking and loving this place! In case you guys didn’t know this – you’re awesome and quite possibly one of the few places on the internet where the trolls don’t come out :)

HAPPY FRIDAY SIL STEEPSTERVERSARY!

Nichole

Love this! Happy Steepsterversary!!

Roswell Strange

Happy Steepsterversary!

scribbles

Yay! so awesome! Happy Steepsterversary!

Tea Leaf Co

HAPPY STEEPSTERVERSARY SIL! That’s quite impressive!! :D

Kristal

Impressive! I, as well, don’t need to try ALL THE TEAS either anymore

thanks guys! it’s been a fun ride!

CHAroma

Wow, that is quite an achievement of tea drinking! Congrats!

boychik

Happy Belated Steepsterversary!!! you are a sampling machine. Also nobody can beat you in sipdowns. when i thought i figured my likes/dislikes i realized i should not narrow myself to puerh. and now im exploring oolongs to train my taste buds. its long journey ahead of us !

a journey that can last a lifetime!

TeaNTees

Awesome, Congrats!

First taste of the new collection for me. It’s pretty good, mango with pineapple coming out towards the end of the sip, but I feel it’s pretty typical for a mango tea from DAVID’s. Given that it’s nothing special for me, I doubt I’ll be picking up any of this, but I enjoyed my cup.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Drinking with my brother part 2

After drinking that confusing cup of weak cola tea. I pulled this tea out of my sample box. The smell of this is AMAZING. I was so excited once I saw strawberry in there as well, I didn’t know it would be mango strawberry. This one brews very clean and smells just as strong as before it is steeped. This is the second mango tea from David’s Tea that I have had and it has convinced me to purchase all their mango teas. The sweetness is on point with this one.

This one ripped open when I was sorting through the last third of my package from beelicious consisting of all the DAVIDsTea samples, so I might as well have one more tea tonight! It’s caffeine-free, so no need to worry about whether it’s too late for tea.

The blend is made of dried fruit pieces (proven to be delicious by taste-test) and some flower petals. The tea steeps up yellowish in color, and has a sweet tropical fruit smell. The taste is also similar to a tropical punch with mango, pineapple, and citrus flavors. It’s a bit on the sugary side, especially when warm. In my experience, fruit pieces themselves don’t impart a very strong taste, so some of the taste might be due to added flavoring. That thought aside, it’s not bad and is exactly what it’s supposed to be like, though it reminds me more of the typical juice drink than a tisane.

Day #10 of tea! A nice flashback to the summer when I had this blend a couple of times…. I like it, but I never actually bought any of it in tins or anything because it’s just so darn expensive for a herbal tea. I had a sample pack of this that I used for today’s steep, and there was just enough in it to make one cup. Boo and hiss. I also brewed this hot, and I think I like this better iced – but I’m not making iced tea first thing in the morning in December! As it stands, though, I generally love fruity teas, so this will be a pleasant sip down.

Right off the bat, the dry “leaf” smells like fruit roll-ups if there was a mango version. It looks more like a dried fruit medley than an herbal tea. The ingredients list includes sugar AND marigold. I prefer my tea blends unsweetened and marigold always clogs up my steepers. So this tea has a lot going against it before I’ve even added water.

The brew is yellow. Not golden or delicate or dark or bright, just… yellow. It tastes like watered-down juice, which is about what I expected. Not bad, but not tea. If I want juice, I’ll drink juice. These blends are rather confounding – since they have sugar, they’re not exactly a healthy alternative to juice. Nor are they tea-like. So… what’s the point? I genuinely want to know. What’s the appeal of a fruity, sugary herbal blend over watered-down juice?

This does make a good “tea”-pop. Once the brew cooled, I added chilled seltzer in a 2-to-1 ratio. The result was similar to Izze Sparkling Juice Soda. So I guess this is useful for making knock-off Izze at home, slightly cheaper than store-bought.

Low score for being pre-sweetened and tasting more like juice than anything else. Score adjusted upwards for making a good “tea”-pop.

Thanks to DavidsTea for the sample!

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is true to it’s name. It tastes like fruit punch, very juicy. I’m getting lots of orange, with some peach and mango.

I like this better than many fruit tisanes. It’s sweet and tart and tastes like actual fruit. I’m glad I grabbed some of this when they were clearing it out.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

Too many different flavours and pronounced tartness. I would avoid purchasing this tisane as the fruit pieces are so large and heavy. This would probably make a nice cold brew.

Boiling 13 OZ / 375 ML
Dustin

I always feel a little deceived when I pay tea prices for trail mix. :/

The Mango and the fruity flavours are strong and sweet – YUMMY!!!! Not plain mango but full and well-balanced. Good cold too :D

Flavors: Mango, Orange

There’s a slight fruit punch taste, but you can’t really taste it unless you brew it very strong. I’m currently sipping this on a hot and sunny day, and it’s quite refreshing! All the flavours in this are very muted. I just wish you could get a stronger brew with the suggested amount (1.25 tsp) but overall, an good summer iced tea.

2 tsp