Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Pineapple, Strawberry, Tangy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

• “Aww... Why does this have to be so darn expensive? I bought 20 grams for $2.70 and I had to use the entire packet for my small teapot. I can get a couple of whole mangos for that price! I know...” Read full tasting note
    canadianadia 349 tasting notes
  • “Made this as a cold brew. Brewed for about 12 hours. Cold brewed there is definitely more of a fruit punch taste, similar to the Hawaiian Tropics fruit punch drink. There is definitely a mango...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 765 tasting notes
  • “i'm drinking herbal. cuz i need to get better sleep. cuz let me tell you, i went to bed early last night on the super rare occasion that i was actually tired AND could also fall asleep. and as a...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 739 tasting notes
  • “Well that sucks. I got this tea as a sample with my last DT order. I understand this is a heavy tea, but dannnng at least put enough tea in the sample bag for me to make the suggested serving on...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1044 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made a pitcher of this two nights ago, and last night I decided to pour it into our ice cube tray! and I still had plenty of this tea in regular liquid form in the fridge :)
So now I’m stressing over my group presentation, but at least I have a nice refreshing glass of this tea with tea ice cubes so it wouldn’t get watered down :)

Jennkay

Ooh, tea ice cubes are a good idea! Especially since I’ve been doing so much cold brewing lately.

Jennkay

Also, good luck on your presentation!

MzPriss

Don’t stress – you’ll do great.

jump62359

Dude, later, I wanna make tea cubes and drop them into different tea! Like blending.. but not.

And I was stressing because my group member decided to let us know that she won’t make it to the presentation and she didn’t even do her part. We managed to throw her part together and memorize it in less than an hour. That was probably the worst presentation that I’ve ever given, but under the circumstances, I think my group and I did *okay?

1924 tasting notes

So when I got into tea last August, my brother decided he liked tea too so he insisted on getting this one and Mom’s Apple Pie. Well, as soon as I went back go school, he stopped drinking tea and I returned to find copious amounts of this in my room.

Since I didn’t like this initially, I decided to try a new method so this got cold brewed. For me, it just comes off very, very sweet though so far I am finding this method to be most tolerable. Nonetheless, the combination of pineapple and mango, though both are flavors I love, is just too sweet.

Expensive but worth every penny. This is one of my favourite fruit herbal teas. It’s wonderful hot or cold. I sure hope they bring it back as a regular flavour that can be purchased year round. I am sorry that I didn’t go buy a few more tins before the flavour disappeared.

Boiling 8 min or more

Mango Fruit Punch is the only returning tea from last year’s summer collection, which is a good thing because this tea has everything you could possibly want in a summer tea. It is made entirely of fruit pieces and flowers, no tea leaves at all. This tea has an incredibly strong fruit flavor, so strong that t is almost exactly like fruit juice! I loved it a year ago and I still love it now! It is a perfect thirst-quencher!

So this week I was on a buying kick and I decided to try all of the Summer 2013 teas (again!) I bought a pitcher pack of each tea and I cold steeped it with a little rock sugar (because I’m a tea rebel! Wait… Those two words don’t go together! LOL!) for a couple of hours. When I tasted my first sip, it was strange. Not bad, yet not particularly blow-your-socks-off-kaboomazing either. It is like a tropical fruit punch with a strong mango flavour which are the pro’s. On the other hand, this tea for me had a very strong medicinal and bitter flavor that I could barely handle. Furthermore, I found that I really didn’t care for the little yellow and red debris that managed to get through the strainer in my steeper. SIPDOWN. Or should I say SIP-UPintomytoilet… #ain’tnobodygotmoneyforthis.

Iced 8 min or more

This tea is delicious! It is too bad that it is sooooo heavy! 100g barley got me half a tin! I think I will try to mix it with some plain rooibos or black tea to make it last a little longer. It is very fruity and the description of the tea is spot on! It is great both iced and hot, it does need to be steeped for quite a while, but luckily it doesn’t go bitter.

I Instantly fell in LOVE with this tea the moment I first tried it. I found that when making enough for two I tend to overload the tea into the steeper but it only made the tea that much better! it works out perfectly actually because my mother likes her tea a bit more watered down so i would take the bottom tea from the steeper and she would take the top! definitely recommend this for the fruit tea lovers :)

This is an interesting tea because it tastes just like juice. Like other reviewers, I’m saddened that it’s so heavy and thus super pricey. Flavour-wise… I don’t know, it’s just “okay”. I got 100g of it thinking it would be a good summer tea and it is. But… there are iced teas that I prefer from DT this season.

The taste and name match up perfectly. It truly does smell and taste like a fruit punch drink. Depending on the fruit pieces that make it into your steeper, this tastes more like mango or more like orange/pineapple, but all fruity flavors are definitely present. It reminds me a lot of their Mango Madness white tea, except this is sweeter and juicier.

It tastes great hot, chilled, and iced, though I’d say iced was my favorite. My only real quibble with this tea is that the .9 oz packet made exactly 3 cups of tea, which would make stocking up on this very expensive, very quickly.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is not frontin’ y’all. It says Mango Fruit Punch and it IS mango fruit punch. The dry blend smells like mangoes and straight up Hawaiian Punch. Remember how you could always tell who’d been drinking Hawaiian Punch from their red-stained lips and teeth? Little kids running around birthday parties looking like little cannibals? And that weird mascot who was like, a human man wearing antlers?

Anyway, we’re off topic. This tea smells super, super fruity. It’s obviously artificial, but not necessarily in a bad way. Hot/warm it tastes sort of bizarre – I find all really fruity hot teas sort of make me think of NeoCitran/TheraFlu. Cold, it’s good. It’s definitely tart – probably the tangerine? I guess you could add sugar, but at that point, I start to wonder why I’m even drinking tisane and shouldn’t I just have a glass of juice instead? It’s refreshing.

Cool bonus: the steeped fruit afterwards is awesome. There are big, hulking mango slices, and they get juicy and delicious and to be honest, a little slimy. But like, GOOD slimy, if such a thing exists.

If really fruity herbals are your thing, you’ll probably like this. If mangoes are your thing, go eat a mango. It’s worth trying, but I’d grab it as an iced tea pack.