Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Mango, Pineapple, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Fruity
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I expected a lot from this tea.
The dry leaves smell like dried fruits, and by that I mean the actual snack! You get huge pieces of mangoes and pineapple. You can definitely smell the 2 and the orange peels, so zesty! Out of the jar, you can’t really smell the strawberries or the marigold.
I steeped my tea for 5minutes and 30 seconds but did not sweeten it. The tea turned into a beautiful yellow beverage. The smell isn’t as strong as when it was dry.
The drink itself could have been a bit sweeter in my opinion, I expected a lot more. The mangoes weren’t as tasty as I wanted them to be.. almost fake (?). I felt like I could of used more leaves, steeped it longer and use lots of agave. Overall, I was pretty disappointed with the hot drink. I later tried it cold and felt it was better iced with a good amount of sweetener.

Flavors: Mango, Pineapple

Cold brewed overnight. It’s full of fruit bits so there’s not a lot of the mix in the bag given the weight. The mango and pineapple are most noticeable, and there’s a very fruit punchy flavor all around. I think I prefer Tropicalia, but this was still a nice and refreshing cold brew.

I love the ingredients on this lol “Pineapple (pineapple, sugar), mango (mango, sugar)” why not just “sweetened pineapple”? Weird. Anyways, I actually really really enjoyed this (cold brewed). It tastes like fruit punch juice. with a bit more pineapple, and probably about 5% of the sugar that actual fruit punch contains. Definitely switching over from fruit juice to this for the summer.

I could compare this one to Just Peachy since it’s the same "style. I prefer Just Peachy, though. But this one is not bad too. It tastes like a good fruit cocktail, great for the summer!

Dammit! There are strawberries in here. Well, until I had the burning sensation take over (thank goodness I took my herbal antihistamine today!) it was sweet and mango, and surprisingly good… although only good iced, and only with way too much sweetener added. The kids will gulp this down in no time, even before it cools.

Iced 8 tsp 32 OZ / 946 ML
Suziqzer

At least you don’t have a bunch made that will go to waste thanks to the kids !

tea-sipper

I’m sipping (gulping) David’s Mango Lassi at the moment. :D

I made a pitcher of this two nights ago, and last night I decided to pour it into our ice cube tray! and I still had plenty of this tea in regular liquid form in the fridge :)
So now I’m stressing over my group presentation, but at least I have a nice refreshing glass of this tea with tea ice cubes so it wouldn’t get watered down :)

Jennkay

Ooh, tea ice cubes are a good idea! Especially since I’ve been doing so much cold brewing lately.

Jennkay

Also, good luck on your presentation!

MzPriss

Don’t stress – you’ll do great.

jump62359

Dude, later, I wanna make tea cubes and drop them into different tea! Like blending.. but not.

And I was stressing because my group member decided to let us know that she won’t make it to the presentation and she didn’t even do her part. We managed to throw her part together and memorize it in less than an hour. That was probably the worst presentation that I’ve ever given, but under the circumstances, I think my group and I did *okay?

So when I got into tea last August, my brother decided he liked tea too so he insisted on getting this one and Mom’s Apple Pie. Well, as soon as I went back go school, he stopped drinking tea and I returned to find copious amounts of this in my room.

Since I didn’t like this initially, I decided to try a new method so this got cold brewed. For me, it just comes off very, very sweet though so far I am finding this method to be most tolerable. Nonetheless, the combination of pineapple and mango, though both are flavors I love, is just too sweet.

Expensive but worth every penny. This is one of my favourite fruit herbal teas. It’s wonderful hot or cold. I sure hope they bring it back as a regular flavour that can be purchased year round. I am sorry that I didn’t go buy a few more tins before the flavour disappeared.

Boiling 8 min or more

Mango Fruit Punch is the only returning tea from last year’s summer collection, which is a good thing because this tea has everything you could possibly want in a summer tea. It is made entirely of fruit pieces and flowers, no tea leaves at all. This tea has an incredibly strong fruit flavor, so strong that t is almost exactly like fruit juice! I loved it a year ago and I still love it now! It is a perfect thirst-quencher!

So this week I was on a buying kick and I decided to try all of the Summer 2013 teas (again!) I bought a pitcher pack of each tea and I cold steeped it with a little rock sugar (because I’m a tea rebel! Wait… Those two words don’t go together! LOL!) for a couple of hours. When I tasted my first sip, it was strange. Not bad, yet not particularly blow-your-socks-off-kaboomazing either. It is like a tropical fruit punch with a strong mango flavour which are the pro’s. On the other hand, this tea for me had a very strong medicinal and bitter flavor that I could barely handle. Furthermore, I found that I really didn’t care for the little yellow and red debris that managed to get through the strainer in my steeper. SIPDOWN. Or should I say SIP-UPintomytoilet… #ain’tnobodygotmoneyforthis.

Iced 8 min or more