Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Orange, Strawberry, Sweet, Tropical, Artificial, Pineapple, Peach, Tart, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Right off the bat, the dry “leaf” smells like fruit roll-ups if there was a mango version. It looks more like a dried fruit medley than an herbal tea. The ingredients list includes sugar AND marigold. I prefer my tea blends unsweetened and marigold always clogs up my steepers. So this tea has a lot going against it before I’ve even added water.

The brew is yellow. Not golden or delicate or dark or bright, just… yellow. It tastes like watered-down juice, which is about what I expected. Not bad, but not tea. If I want juice, I’ll drink juice. These blends are rather confounding – since they have sugar, they’re not exactly a healthy alternative to juice. Nor are they tea-like. So… what’s the point? I genuinely want to know. What’s the appeal of a fruity, sugary herbal blend over watered-down juice?

This does make a good “tea”-pop. Once the brew cooled, I added chilled seltzer in a 2-to-1 ratio. The result was similar to Izze Sparkling Juice Soda. So I guess this is useful for making knock-off Izze at home, slightly cheaper than store-bought.

Low score for being pre-sweetened and tasting more like juice than anything else. Score adjusted upwards for making a good “tea”-pop.

Thanks to DavidsTea for the sample!

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is true to it’s name. It tastes like fruit punch, very juicy. I’m getting lots of orange, with some peach and mango.

I like this better than many fruit tisanes. It’s sweet and tart and tastes like actual fruit. I’m glad I grabbed some of this when they were clearing it out.

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

Too many different flavours and pronounced tartness. I would avoid purchasing this tisane as the fruit pieces are so large and heavy. This would probably make a nice cold brew.

Boiling 13 OZ / 375 ML
Dustin

I always feel a little deceived when I pay tea prices for trail mix. :/

The Mango and the fruity flavours are strong and sweet – YUMMY!!!! Not plain mango but full and well-balanced. Good cold too :D

Flavors: Mango, Orange

There’s a slight fruit punch taste, but you can’t really taste it unless you brew it very strong. I’m currently sipping this on a hot and sunny day, and it’s quite refreshing! All the flavours in this are very muted. I just wish you could get a stronger brew with the suggested amount (1.25 tsp) but overall, an good summer iced tea.

2 tsp

Got this as a sample with one of my last tea orders and read some of the comments here and decided to try cold brewing for the first time.
Not sure I did it right, I boiled my water and used the bubble teapot I ordered and let it steep for a little longer than 7 minutes with the miniscule amount in the pouch.

Verdict: looks like pee, doesn’t have a strong flavor in the sample (but I’m sure once you get about 25g to a tin, you’ll get enough for a stronger flavour), but it did smell really good as an herbal tea.
Tempted to mix in some 5ive Alive with this stuff for some more flavour, it just tastes like very lightly flavoured water.

Would have given a bigger rating if there was more in the pouch and maybe if I steeped it longer.

I picked this up the other day when I bought the precious root beer float.

It’s not bad. Mostly pineapple-tangerine, I’m really not getting any mango. It tastes very similar to Teavana’s Wild Orange Blossom or Citrus Lavender Sage, with respect to the orange/tangerine flavouring.

I made it as a “tea pop”. Filled a big canning jar with ice and filled about half way with club soda. Then I brewed about 14 oz tea with 1 tbsp leaf, and poured it right on over. Because everything in the jar was already cold, and there was already liquid, I didn’t have to worry about the glass breaking and it chilled super quickly. Tea pops aren’t necessarily my favourite, but I needed to use up the last of the club soda, and it worked.

I won’t be getting this tea again, mostly because I prefer the ridiculous orangeness of Wild Orange Blossom. It’s also a little cheaper AND only has natural flavourings.

Flavors: Orange, Pineapple

MissB

Wow, two of you with the same tea in a row!

mj

Haha I noticed that too. Tea twins!

Cameron B.

Hello, tea twin! :P

OMGsrsly

That’s hilarious! And yes, it’s like Tang. :) Wild Orange Blossom is even more Tang-like. Must be why I like it!

Cavocorax

Ooh! That actually sells it on me because I’m done with teavana but I do like orange/tangerine!

OMGsrsly

I steeped it again and had it hot, Cavo. It was nice that way as well. I still got more pineapple and orange than mango, but I might just be weird. :)

I’m not generally a fan of all-fruit teas, but I received this one as a sample when I purchased some cups from David’s. There is no apple or hibiscus in it, so we were off to a good start. The loose tea is mostly chunks of fruit with red and yellow flower petals mixed in for visual interest. Mine had a couple big pieces of strawberry and then a lot of smaller pieces of candied pineapple and mango. It smells quite tasty. There’s a very strong tart pineapple and mango scent with orange and strawberry frolicking in the background. I steeped the whole sample (a little over a teaspoon) for 5 minutes.

The brewed tea smells almost exactly like Tang! It’s mostly orange with notes of pineapple and mango. It smells quite tart, just like the dry leaf. I was worried that this would just be an orange tea, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tasted it. The orange is definitely most present, but it blends beautifully with the pineapple and mango flavors to make one juicy, fruity tea. It was tart, so I added a very small amount of sugar just to take the edge off, and this made it much more tasty. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this tea and I would purchase more. :)

Flavors: Mango, Orange, Pineapple, Tangy

rosebudmelissa

That sounds delicious.

This was a fun, fruity tea. I made this in a pitcher for my whole family to enjoy. It actually reminds me a lot of peach tea because the individual fruits in the blend were not too strong. It was a good tea though and I would have it again.

Flavors: Mango, Peach

200 °F / 93 °C 5 min, 0 sec 30 g 3 OZ / 100 ML

It turns out I’ve been making my iced teas all wrong. I was using boiling water, letting it steep, adding the icecubes, and getting rid of the remaining leaf immediately.

This time, I just coldbrewed it in the fridge for a day, and I have to say the flavour is much brighter (also, it turns out that what I thought was 2L was nowhere near 2L, so the fact that this tea tastes okay despite my use what I thought would be an excessive amount of water is even better).

The liquor is a lovely sunny yellow, and I can definitely taste the fruits. It’s quite a light flavour, and I’m sure I’d enjoy it much more if my tongue weren’t half-dead from sucking on lozenges, but there it is.

Also, this is a sipdown.

Iced 8 min or more 30 g 66 OZ / 1951 ML
Marzipan

You don’t think it tastes stronger when you hot brew it?

Christina / BooksandTea

No, because I only let the leaf sit in the hot water for about 5 minutes. Coldbrewing it for longer felt like a more… thorough flavour, somehow.

jeweledthumb

I feel the best way to get the best bang for your tea buck for making iced tea is brew based on hot brewing recommendation (tsp per water) and time/temp recommendations if it’s not an herbal and THEN stick it in the fridge overnight.