Mango Fruit Punch

Fruit Herbal Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Mango, Marigold Flowers, Orange Peel, Pineapple, Safflower, Strawberry, Tangerine
Fruit Punch, Fruity, Mango, Tropical, Pineapple, Orange, Peach, Sweet, Tart, Strawberry, Tangy, Bitter Melon, Citrus
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Raediance04

From DAVIDsTEA

It packs a punch

At every summer party, it’s the same. The punch bowl is where the action is. So you’ve got to serve a drink that’ll please kids and grownups alike. Something fun and fruity, yet rich and exotic. Something with big pieces of pineapple and mango, tangy slices of tangerine and orange, sweet strawberries, and pretty marigold blossoms. And we’ve got that something right here. It’s guaranteed to punch up any picnic, pool party or bar-be-cue.

Ingredients: Pineapple, mango, orange slices, tangerine, safflower, marigold, strawberry, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mango Fruit Punch is the only returning tea from last year’s summer collection, which is a good thing because this tea has everything you could possibly want in a summer tea. It is made entirely of fruit pieces and flowers, no tea leaves at all. This tea has an incredibly strong fruit flavor, so strong that t is almost exactly like fruit juice! I loved it a year ago and I still love it now! It is a perfect thirst-quencher!

So this week I was on a buying kick and I decided to try all of the Summer 2013 teas (again!) I bought a pitcher pack of each tea and I cold steeped it with a little rock sugar (because I’m a tea rebel! Wait… Those two words don’t go together! LOL!) for a couple of hours. When I tasted my first sip, it was strange. Not bad, yet not particularly blow-your-socks-off-kaboomazing either. It is like a tropical fruit punch with a strong mango flavour which are the pro’s. On the other hand, this tea for me had a very strong medicinal and bitter flavor that I could barely handle. Furthermore, I found that I really didn’t care for the little yellow and red debris that managed to get through the strainer in my steeper. SIPDOWN. Or should I say SIP-UPintomytoilet… #ain’tnobodygotmoneyforthis.

Iced 8 min or more

This tea is delicious! It is too bad that it is sooooo heavy! 100g barley got me half a tin! I think I will try to mix it with some plain rooibos or black tea to make it last a little longer. It is very fruity and the description of the tea is spot on! It is great both iced and hot, it does need to be steeped for quite a while, but luckily it doesn’t go bitter.

I Instantly fell in LOVE with this tea the moment I first tried it. I found that when making enough for two I tend to overload the tea into the steeper but it only made the tea that much better! it works out perfectly actually because my mother likes her tea a bit more watered down so i would take the bottom tea from the steeper and she would take the top! definitely recommend this for the fruit tea lovers :)

This is an interesting tea because it tastes just like juice. Like other reviewers, I’m saddened that it’s so heavy and thus super pricey. Flavour-wise… I don’t know, it’s just “okay”. I got 100g of it thinking it would be a good summer tea and it is. But… there are iced teas that I prefer from DT this season.

The taste and name match up perfectly. It truly does smell and taste like a fruit punch drink. Depending on the fruit pieces that make it into your steeper, this tastes more like mango or more like orange/pineapple, but all fruity flavors are definitely present. It reminds me a lot of their Mango Madness white tea, except this is sweeter and juicier.

It tastes great hot, chilled, and iced, though I’d say iced was my favorite. My only real quibble with this tea is that the .9 oz packet made exactly 3 cups of tea, which would make stocking up on this very expensive, very quickly.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea is not frontin’ y’all. It says Mango Fruit Punch and it IS mango fruit punch. The dry blend smells like mangoes and straight up Hawaiian Punch. Remember how you could always tell who’d been drinking Hawaiian Punch from their red-stained lips and teeth? Little kids running around birthday parties looking like little cannibals? And that weird mascot who was like, a human man wearing antlers?

Anyway, we’re off topic. This tea smells super, super fruity. It’s obviously artificial, but not necessarily in a bad way. Hot/warm it tastes sort of bizarre – I find all really fruity hot teas sort of make me think of NeoCitran/TheraFlu. Cold, it’s good. It’s definitely tart – probably the tangerine? I guess you could add sugar, but at that point, I start to wonder why I’m even drinking tisane and shouldn’t I just have a glass of juice instead? It’s refreshing.

Cool bonus: the steeped fruit afterwards is awesome. There are big, hulking mango slices, and they get juicy and delicious and to be honest, a little slimy. But like, GOOD slimy, if such a thing exists.

If really fruity herbals are your thing, you’ll probably like this. If mangoes are your thing, go eat a mango. It’s worth trying, but I’d grab it as an iced tea pack.

This tea is composed of really big and heavy fruit pieces, so it can get expensive if you wish to get a lot of infusions. I got 25g of this in the summer collection and if I remember well I got only about 3 to 5 cups of tea out of it. It tastes very good though and you can re-steep it at least one more time.

Dry, this tea smells great, very fruity and yummy scented. Once steeped it really is like a real fruit punch not those artificial ones you buy and is just a little bit tangy which I think is great! If you enjoy tropical fruits and/or fruit punch you’re sure to enjoy this.

Another Tea to re-review

This used to be one of my favorite iced teas to make. It’s sweet, mango-y and citrusy. However, now I find it to be almost overly sweet (and I do not add any sugar to my iced teas!), but then again maybe that’s just what the “fruit punch” part of the name is all about. Also, I find the way I brew it up (I have done it as a hot steep and stick the pitcher in the fridge to cool down for hours and hours) you get a bit of bitterness in the aftertaste (maybe from the orange peel?).

Maybe I should buy some more of this to cold brew to see if that changes things. I still like this tea quite a bit (it is tasty!) but I find after one glass I feel like I’m oversugared, which doesn’t happen with other iced teas. But, it’ll be a while if I do repurchase, because I have 3 orders of teas coming in from different companies. Not to mention you only get 2 pitchers out of a 50 gram bag, which makes it nearly $4/pitcher…

Flavors: Bitter Melon, Citrus, Fruit Punch, Mango, Sweet