Mint Julep

Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Coconut, Mint, Sweet
Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

From DAVIDsTEA

If you want a taste of the Kentucky Derby,the best place to start is a mint julep. So ice yourself a cup of this little number and hang on to your hat. With black tea, spearmint and lemon peel, it’s smooth and refreshing right out of the gate. Add a creamy touch of pineapple and coconut, and you’ve got a cool summer drink that’s best in class. Try it with a sprig of fresh mint, a splash of bourbon and lots of cracked ice. Trust us – it’s a winner.

Black tea, rooibos, spearmint, pineapple, coconut, lemon peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like this one. I find though that its different every time I have it. The first cup I had iced at davids was really sweet, and minty.. the second cup was more creamy and coconutty.. I like it.. but I am curious as to which is actually the way the blend is supposed to come out.

onelazysummer

I’m finding the same thing, actually! A bit of a tea chameleon. Sometimes the mint is REALLY pronounced and sometimes I barely pick up on it at all. I wonder if it’s the water temp or just depends how much mint leaf you get when you’re scooping it out of the bag. I kind of like that each new steep is a mystery :) This tea has been growing on me more and more.

My sister had this and was nice enough to let me try it. I’m not a huge fan of pineapple or coconut, I didn’t get more than 5 sips into this I’m afraid.

I’m not the biggest iced tea fan but I decided to give DT’s new flavours a try. I cold-brewed this as my biggest problem with iced teas is that they taste too watered down for me. I love cold-brewing since it keeps the flavours. As expected, the mint is most dominant in this but the tea still has a fruity, creamy taste.

This tea sounded intriguing and refreshing, so I took a chance…

I cold-brewed it, since it seemed like it would taste better iced anyways, being from the summer collection and all. Unfortunately, like Alpine Punch this tea gives me a headache when I drink it and I’ve had it twice now. Maybe it’s the artificial flavouring?

Sigh, and I really wanted to like this one!

This was the second tea in the summer collection I have tried and so far so good! This one was refreshing, subtly sweet and very smooth. I will definitely restock this once my 25g sample runs out! As I am again using my iPhone and am unable to rate, I will just mention here that I am giving this a 90.

MooKiwi

Last time I had this it was warm…which was great! But, tonight (to get through the recent heat wave) I brewed this one iced and it is also AMAZING! I can’t say for sure which I prefer but can say that I will absolutely re-stock before this one retires! I hope they bring it back next year cause its definetely one of my favourites and I could see myself drinking it all year round…so smooth!

When I first drank this tea, it reminded me of toothpaste. It’s very minty and I find it hard to pick up the other flavours. I prefer it as an iced tea.

This was a really nice tea! Not only is it fresh, but the light minty flavour really works to it’s advantage (in short this tea makes sense). I really like this tea!!!

However, I had some concerns with this tea. I really get the refreshing balanced mint flavour but I don’t taste much fruit. I don’t think I find it to be very creamy.

Ultimately, I can taste some other flavours mixed with the mint that gives it a very dynamic flavour. Definitely my favourite mint tea.

Chintakiddy

*Edit, I just added a little bit if lemon and I realized. My first infusion didn’t have any fruit pieces in it… DOY! I LOVE THIS TEA!!!

This tea smelled just right for this morning, so I decided to go for it. It’s nice; minty and musky, and a little creamy. I wish it were a bit more musky though, I think it would balance out a little better. But it’s pretty darn good as is too. I’m glad I made a pot, rather than just a cup of this after all; I was debating the latter.

This tea has a really nice tropical feel to it with the addition of coconut and pineapple. Though definitely delicious piping hot, it would best be served iced and slightly sweetened. I could also see this going really well as a mixer for some cocktail/beverage.

My only complaint is that the black tea itself is very lackluster – and is easily out shined by the additional flavors added. This is more of an herbal tea with a hint of actual black tea.

It also held its flavor quite nicely – I was able to steep it three times and still have it pleasantly flavorful.

This tea is strange. It’s got a lovely fruitiness to it with what tastes like pineapple and something else too… papaya? It’s so smooth and lovely. Then it has the mintiness to it that you don’t really expect with a fruity tea, but somehow it all works together so well and it tastes really good. I like the refreshing mint taste.
And with my allergies in which a angry state and my lack of sleep ’cause I have a lot on my mind right now, this tea is really soothing me.