Mint Julep

Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

• “It's weird that I only have one tasting note on this. I should have two. Anyways! I did a horrible thing... I just bought 170g of this. Because it's going away and it's so delicious. I'm hoping it...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2244 tasting notes
  • “*Cavocorax* sent me this to try since as much as i can admit there are David's teas out there that are delicious, on average i generally don't like them as much as other teas. I find them a good...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 4862 tasting notes
  • “I haven't written a log in a while oops! I've been spending time with the guy as he's finally been home, and also working, but I've still been having tea and reading logs :) i won't backlog...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 906 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this I had just bought the one iced cup to go from DT. Unfortunately they use so much ice that if you're not a fast drinker you will only taste the tea in the first 3-4 sips...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 268 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you want a taste of the Kentucky Derby,the best place to start is a mint julep. So ice yourself a cup of this little number and hang on to your hat. With black tea, spearmint and lemon peel, it’s smooth and refreshing right out of the gate. Add a creamy touch of pineapple and coconut, and you’ve got a cool summer drink that’s best in class. Try it with a sprig of fresh mint, a splash of bourbon and lots of cracked ice. Trust us – it’s a winner.

Black tea, rooibos, spearmint, pineapple, coconut, lemon peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like this one. I find though that its different every time I have it. The first cup I had iced at davids was really sweet, and minty.. the second cup was more creamy and coconutty.. I like it.. but I am curious as to which is actually the way the blend is supposed to come out.

onelazysummer

I’m finding the same thing, actually! A bit of a tea chameleon. Sometimes the mint is REALLY pronounced and sometimes I barely pick up on it at all. I wonder if it’s the water temp or just depends how much mint leaf you get when you’re scooping it out of the bag. I kind of like that each new steep is a mystery :) This tea has been growing on me more and more.

My sister had this and was nice enough to let me try it. I’m not a huge fan of pineapple or coconut, I didn’t get more than 5 sips into this I’m afraid.

I’m not the biggest iced tea fan but I decided to give DT’s new flavours a try. I cold-brewed this as my biggest problem with iced teas is that they taste too watered down for me. I love cold-brewing since it keeps the flavours. As expected, the mint is most dominant in this but the tea still has a fruity, creamy taste.

This tea sounded intriguing and refreshing, so I took a chance…

I cold-brewed it, since it seemed like it would taste better iced anyways, being from the summer collection and all. Unfortunately, like Alpine Punch this tea gives me a headache when I drink it and I’ve had it twice now. Maybe it’s the artificial flavouring?

Sigh, and I really wanted to like this one!

This was the second tea in the summer collection I have tried and so far so good! This one was refreshing, subtly sweet and very smooth. I will definitely restock this once my 25g sample runs out! As I am again using my iPhone and am unable to rate, I will just mention here that I am giving this a 90.

MooKiwi

Last time I had this it was warm…which was great! But, tonight (to get through the recent heat wave) I brewed this one iced and it is also AMAZING! I can’t say for sure which I prefer but can say that I will absolutely re-stock before this one retires! I hope they bring it back next year cause its definetely one of my favourites and I could see myself drinking it all year round…so smooth!

When I first drank this tea, it reminded me of toothpaste. It’s very minty and I find it hard to pick up the other flavours. I prefer it as an iced tea.

This was a really nice tea! Not only is it fresh, but the light minty flavour really works to it’s advantage (in short this tea makes sense). I really like this tea!!!

However, I had some concerns with this tea. I really get the refreshing balanced mint flavour but I don’t taste much fruit. I don’t think I find it to be very creamy.

Ultimately, I can taste some other flavours mixed with the mint that gives it a very dynamic flavour. Definitely my favourite mint tea.

Chintakiddy

*Edit, I just added a little bit if lemon and I realized. My first infusion didn’t have any fruit pieces in it… DOY! I LOVE THIS TEA!!!

This tea smelled just right for this morning, so I decided to go for it. It’s nice; minty and musky, and a little creamy. I wish it were a bit more musky though, I think it would balance out a little better. But it’s pretty darn good as is too. I’m glad I made a pot, rather than just a cup of this after all; I was debating the latter.

This tea has a really nice tropical feel to it with the addition of coconut and pineapple. Though definitely delicious piping hot, it would best be served iced and slightly sweetened. I could also see this going really well as a mixer for some cocktail/beverage.

My only complaint is that the black tea itself is very lackluster – and is easily out shined by the additional flavors added. This is more of an herbal tea with a hint of actual black tea.

It also held its flavor quite nicely – I was able to steep it three times and still have it pleasantly flavorful.

I like this tea, but I’m so confused by this tea as well. I love the mint, I love the coconut, but the fruit is confusing me now.
It’s quite delicious though. The more I drink it, the more I love it. I’m getting there. I think I’d get this one again maybe… I’m sure on my second tasting I’d love it even more.