Mint Julep

Black Herbal Rooibos Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Faith

• “It's weird that I only have one tasting note on this. I should have two. Anyways! I did a horrible thing... I just bought 170g of this. Because it's going away and it's so delicious. I'm hoping it...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2353 tasting notes
  • “*Cavocorax* sent me this to try since as much as i can admit there are David's teas out there that are delicious, on average i generally don't like them as much as other teas. I find them a good...” Read full tasting note
    Silaena 5049 tasting notes
  • “I haven't written a log in a while oops! I've been spending time with the guy as he's finally been home, and also working, but I've still been having tea and reading logs :) i won't backlog...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 944 tasting notes
  • “The first time I had this I had just bought the one iced cup to go from DT. Unfortunately they use so much ice that if you're not a fast drinker you will only taste the tea in the first 3-4 sips...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 272 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you want a taste of the Kentucky Derby,the best place to start is a mint julep. So ice yourself a cup of this little number and hang on to your hat. With black tea, spearmint and lemon peel, it’s smooth and refreshing right out of the gate. Add a creamy touch of pineapple and coconut, and you’ve got a cool summer drink that’s best in class. Try it with a sprig of fresh mint, a splash of bourbon and lots of cracked ice. Trust us – it’s a winner.

Black tea, rooibos, spearmint, pineapple, coconut, lemon peel, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Contains coconut

About DAVIDsTEA View company

after seeing my actual sample of this, i’d say it is a rooibos before a black tea, which is honestly a little off-putting – i’m not really a fan of rooibos and i can’t imagine rooibos + black + mint being good. but… we’ll see.

i suppose the rooibos is in there to add a touch of natural sweetness, as it DOES smell minty and sweet. surprisingly it’s not overpowering on the first sip. i don’t know that i’d like this one iced – minty iced teas just don’t do it for me, but as a hot tea, it is quite refreshing. the mint lingers and the black tea sort of bullies out the rooibos until the end where there’s just a hint of lingering sweetness.
dang! another winner!! this is going to be an expensive summer for teas! hahah

On a roll lately. Really surprised I even like this one. Tried this one as a sample iced in store, the girl working there suggested that it might be better hot. Turns out she was right, while delicious iced, I’ve taken to having it hot. But thats not why I’m surprised I like this tea… I do not like rooibos that much. There is rooibos in this tea. Somehow, that slipped my notice in reading the ingredients – I thought Mint Julep was a black tea only.

Well played DavidsTea, well played.

Perfection!!! I love this tea. It is minty and creamy. I know it is primarily sold as an ice tea, but I like drinking my tea hot. This tea works really well hot. It is a great tea. I will definitely be stocking up on this baby!

YUM! I have now had this tea hot and cold and am loving it! I will say when I made it cold I made a big pitcher of it. Added half a lemon in sliced and two tablespoons of sugar and I drank the whole thing myself. I will for sure be picking more up of this over the summer!

This one tastes mainly like rooibos and black tea..I get a bit of coconut but hardly any mint taste. Also, I’m not big on lemon mixed with black tea… I guess this one is not for me.