Coconut Grove

White Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut, Natural Coconut Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, White Tea
Coconut, Grass, Butter, Cream, Vanilla, Mineral
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

• “Where does the time go? No really, where? It feels like it was 3PM and then I blinked and it was 8PM. What happened? Ugh. Anyway, this cold brew was fantastic - but nothing significantly out of...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2279 tasting notes
  • “ZOMG I am typing this on my very first iPad. My laptop's HD went kaput and the techs have had it for days now. My mom encouraged me to get one and reassured me that I'm worth it since I did well in...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 935 tasting notes
  • “*Backlog* This was the last of this I had floating around, which is a little sad because I really think this is one of the better just coconut teas I've had. It was still buttery and creamy, and...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes
  • “Made the last of this one as a tea pop. I cold brewed it for about 8 hours. Mixed half and half with Perrier. Turned out pretty good. The tea is very light tasting, very much tastes like...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 814 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Simply sophisticated

We all know coconuts are fun. Just think of a tiki cocktail with a little paper umbrella. Or the coconut shell bikini on a hula girl. But did you know the coconut can be seriously sophisticated too? Like when you pair it with premium Bai Mu Dan white tea – a naturally sweet, delicate leaf from Fujian Province in China. The result is subtle and fresh, with just a hint of creaminess. Looks like coconut’s all grown up. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: White Bai Mu Dan tea, coconut, natural vanilla flavouring, natural & artificial coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mmm, this one smells and tastes surprisingly coconutty despite the small amount of actual coconut flakes in the sample i got, but that must be all in the wonder of flavouring!
if you like coconut though, it is really… REALLY good! which is damn unfortunate because it’s a lovely (expensive!) white tea.
mmm… maybe just a special occasion tea?
i honestly can’t say anything else – it’s a just a lovely white tea base with a knockout coconut flavour on top, really good!

This is drinkable, but not that awesome. I am completely in love with Cocolemon Thai, so I thought this would be similar… but it has a phoney taste to it. Maybe it is the vanilla, though I like some of the others with vanilla in it. I will not be giving it away, but I would go for many other teas before this one – especially because it is pricy.

Amariel

Totally agreed!

Not bad. I had this iced and hot – much preferred the hot. This tea was very very light tasting, with subtle coconut and vanilla in the background. Definitely a crisp, clean tasting tea.

Another great tea! I think every one of the new summer teas have been amazing. Again, I had this tea hot and it is creamy and smooth. I can really taste the coconut. I had it after dinner and it seemed to settle my stomach. It was a really good smooth tea. Another must have.

So I am a coco-NUT (hahahahahaha no really guys I need help) and I thought this tea was incredible. I lost my mind when the Coconut Oolong came out, and this made me find it, and then lose it again, because AAAAHHHHH.

Scrumptious. Where the Oolong is velvety, this tea is crisp. It’s good hot, but it’s INFINITY TIMES BETTER ICED. I’m sorry I keep typing in CAPS but I’m just really EXCITED. The coconut taste is a bit tropical – there’s some pina colada-y thing going on in the background, but it’s really light. This tastes like something you’d sip while relaxing on a beach in Vanuatu with a dashing foreign lover.

For me, this was the best tea of the summer collection and a must-buy. If you hate coconut (aka if you are crazy) this will not appeal to you, but if you love coconut, whoo boy. Buckle up.

I tried this last night and really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that I tend to err on the side of caution with white and green teas, and always steep them at a low temp, even when the directions specify a higher one. It didn’t seem to hurt this tea, as there was a lot of flavour when I drank it. There was a sweet taste to it, which I tend to prefer, as it just feels wrong to me to add sugar to tea, and I would never remember to, anyway.

Another coconut tea to add to my collection. I still need to try them all side by side someday and find my favourite.

I made this as an iced tea today and it was FABULOUS! Very refreshing, sweet, and delicious.

I realize this is a summer tea but I needed something white/low caffine and I only have a few to choose from. It is actually probably the best coconut tea I’ve had. It is straight up creamy coconut with the mild white base. Came out great hot and was nice to finish off when cool later on as well. Clear olive liquor that had a slight film on the top, presumably from the actual coconut flakes mixed in. Nothing too complicated about this blend, but if you are looking for a decent coconut, hopefully they will bring it back around another summer sometime.

Flavors: Coconut

I have too much old tea. Of course I still buy new tea anyway. Ugh. No more till it’s gone.

I had a sample packet of this so I took it to work, split it between two separate cups. I love coconut white teas, and this was no exception. Thankfully it was still good since I know coconut likes to go bad easily. I think the vacuum sealing helped over just like a ziplock.

Hopefully this one makes a comeback sometime because it was actually really good. It’s light, but still has creaminess to it from the coconut, though I think also the vanilla in here helps too. It was a lot like coconut water even though I had it hot both times.

Tea Sipper

Well, the Bluebird order will be worth the new tea anyway! I certainly shouldn’t order more, but I think Butiki will have to be the exception.

momo

Yeah, that doesn’t count since I had been wanting to order again since first trying their teas.

Butiki will probably happen for me too, it just has to wait a tad bit longer. I’m glad it’s more of a slow close.

Tea Sipper

I’ve been planning a Bluebird order since I tried their teas too… I think at least 1 1/2 years ago.

This is my second favorite tea to drink iced during the hottest months (Bamboozled is my hands-down, absolute favorite). Clean, refreshing – great coconut flavor with not a lot else going on to detract from it. Nice and light. I’ve yet to try it hot and most likely won’t – really can’t see the point – it’s a great summer iced tea.

Flavors: Coconut, Grass