Coconut Grove

Fruit White Blend
Coconut, Butter, Mineral, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My morning cold brew today! I'm sad this is gone; I've really fallen in love with the idea of having a cold brewed pretty much straight up coconut tea around during the spring/summer seasons...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1176 tasting notes
  • “ZOMG I am typing this on my very first iPad. My laptop's HD went kaput and the techs have had it for days now. My mom encouraged me to get one and reassured me that I'm worth it since I did well in...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “*Backlog* This was the last of this I had floating around, which is a little sad because I really think this is one of the better just coconut teas I've had. It was still buttery and creamy, and...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 598 tasting notes
  • “Made the last of this one as a tea pop. I cold brewed it for about 8 hours. Mixed half and half with Perrier. Turned out pretty good. The tea is very light tasting, very much tastes like...” Read full tasting note
    Lala1 709 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Simply sophisticated

We all know coconuts are fun. Just think of a tiki cocktail with a little paper umbrella. Or the coconut shell bikini on a hula girl. But did you know the coconut can be seriously sophisticated too? Like when you pair it with premium Bai Mu Dan white tea – a naturally sweet, delicate leaf from Fujian Province in China. The result is subtle and fresh, with just a hint of creaminess. Looks like coconut’s all grown up. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: White Bai Mu Dan tea, coconut, natural vanilla flavouring, natural & artificial coconut flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

mmm, this one smells and tastes surprisingly coconutty despite the small amount of actual coconut flakes in the sample i got, but that must be all in the wonder of flavouring!
if you like coconut though, it is really… REALLY good! which is damn unfortunate because it’s a lovely (expensive!) white tea.
mmm… maybe just a special occasion tea?
i honestly can’t say anything else – it’s a just a lovely white tea base with a knockout coconut flavour on top, really good!

This is drinkable, but not that awesome. I am completely in love with Cocolemon Thai, so I thought this would be similar… but it has a phoney taste to it. Maybe it is the vanilla, though I like some of the others with vanilla in it. I will not be giving it away, but I would go for many other teas before this one – especially because it is pricy.

Amariel

Totally agreed!

Not bad. I had this iced and hot – much preferred the hot. This tea was very very light tasting, with subtle coconut and vanilla in the background. Definitely a crisp, clean tasting tea.

Another great tea! I think every one of the new summer teas have been amazing. Again, I had this tea hot and it is creamy and smooth. I can really taste the coconut. I had it after dinner and it seemed to settle my stomach. It was a really good smooth tea. Another must have.

So I am a coco-NUT (hahahahahaha no really guys I need help) and I thought this tea was incredible. I lost my mind when the Coconut Oolong came out, and this made me find it, and then lose it again, because AAAAHHHHH.

Scrumptious. Where the Oolong is velvety, this tea is crisp. It’s good hot, but it’s INFINITY TIMES BETTER ICED. I’m sorry I keep typing in CAPS but I’m just really EXCITED. The coconut taste is a bit tropical – there’s some pina colada-y thing going on in the background, but it’s really light. This tastes like something you’d sip while relaxing on a beach in Vanuatu with a dashing foreign lover.

For me, this was the best tea of the summer collection and a must-buy. If you hate coconut (aka if you are crazy) this will not appeal to you, but if you love coconut, whoo boy. Buckle up.

I tried this last night and really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that I tend to err on the side of caution with white and green teas, and always steep them at a low temp, even when the directions specify a higher one. It didn’t seem to hurt this tea, as there was a lot of flavour when I drank it. There was a sweet taste to it, which I tend to prefer, as it just feels wrong to me to add sugar to tea, and I would never remember to, anyway.

Another coconut tea to add to my collection. I still need to try them all side by side someday and find my favourite.

I made this as an iced tea today and it was FABULOUS! Very refreshing, sweet, and delicious.

Wow… did I add milk to this?? I don’t remember doing that, and the color of the tea seems to indicate that I didn’t, but it sure tastes like I did! The mouthfeel is thick and creamy, too, which further reinforces it. The coconut is very present, but the vegetal nature of the green tea fills out the edges of the flavor, giving it depth. I have come to the conclusion that I LOVE coconut in tea, and this is subliminally coconut. Therefore, I find this utterly sublime!

1st steep: 2 minutes
2nd steep: 5-ish minutes? I kind of forgot about it… but it does not seem to have suffered because of it! Just as flavorful and coconutty. :3

I was recently sent a little of this with as an added bonus to a swap (thanks boychic!!) and I love love love it and hope to get my hands on some more in the near future! I have been trying lots of coconut teas here lately and so far this is one of my faves! Does anyone know if this is one that comes out every summer from Davids???!

boychik

Glad you like it.

My first tasting note for the tea that prompted my epic swap haul with ashleyelizabeth!

I had a cup the other day but I steeped too much leaf for too long and it ended up coming out a little bitter, so I wanted to remedy that today and I reckon I hit the nail on the head.

2tsp in my 12oz timolino for just over three minutes gave me a lovely white tea with sweet coconut and just the faintest hint of vanilla, barely detectable really—the white tea and coconut were enough to hold their own!

Yep, I’m gonna be quite happy drinking the rest of this.

Flavors: Coconut