Pink Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Honey, Nectar, Pineapple, Sweet, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

Passion fruits are pretty aptly named: all it takes is one taste to fall completely head over heels. Take this juicy, fruit-packed tisane. From its seductively tropical aroma to its blushing pink colour,it’s guaranteed to get your heart racing right from the get go. And once you finish your first glass, you’ll know you’ve found The One. Sweet, tangy and addictively refreshing, it has all the makings of the perfect summer fling.

Ingredients: Apple, apple pomace, rosehip, sweet blackberry leaves, hibiscus, passionfruit, artificial passionfruit flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I thought I had a note on this one already, but I guess not. I’m in the definite minority here, in that I’m not a fan of this blend.

The hibiscus in the ingredients scared me, but I bought a bit anyway because it smelled sooo good. I’ve tried it hot and iced, and it’s way too tart for me. Not as hibiscusy as some, but still very tart. I’ll have to find someone to take the last bit off my hands or it’ll sit in my cupboard forever.

Cold brewed this one overnight and it smelled so fruity! You can definitely taste the passionfruit. A little tart from the hibiscus but just right. It’s very nice and the soft pink color it becomes when cold brewed is lovely. Next time though i will definitely add a few lemon wedges it would definitely compliment it very well.

My third tea from the summer collection, and again I must say I am very pleased! This tea is fruity and sour like passion fruit yet not overpowering! I will have no problems finishing the pack and will most likely restock when I am finished! I think this will be delicious iced!! As I am again unable to rate on my phone, I will mention here that I am giving this tea an 87

Iced: Pow! Definitely bursting with flavour! Refreshingly tart from the hibiscus, didn’t specifically taste the passionfruit, but it was a delicious fruity blend with an amazing hot pink colour! If you want this solely for the passionfruit, I am not sure it will live up to expectations, but it is enjoyable nonetheless!

Hot: Well this one got the stamp of approval from my tea hating sister but failed to impress me. More sour than I was expecting- hibicus strikes again. I don’t dislike hibiscus, but I am a little picky in terms of what is blended with, and it does overwhelm the passionfruit for me in this one. I also get a lot of apple and orange, which I know is strange as there isn’t any orange in it… Stood up well to its second steep.

A pretty pink drink! Ironic, because actual passionfruits are actually kind of ugly (go google one – they’re purple, yellow, and gooey). BUT, they are delicious. The butterfaces of the fruit world :D

This tea smells wonderful. I could bring a little packet of it with me everywhere and just walk around all day smelling and smelling, but I think that would look like bizarre behavior on the subway. No big fruit chunks or leaves – this dry tea looks like it’s been pulverized.

I tried this iced. It looked lovely – a hue that’d please the Pink Panther; the smell was still strong and intoxicating. The fruit notes are sharp and bright without being tart and there’s a light sweetness. It’s refreshing, BUT, I had a realization, and this is my problem with all of the summer herbals.

This is not “tea.” This is not a “tisane.” This is not an “herbal.” This is juice, y’all. Fruit infusions like this are just DIY juice, in my opinion. I don’t hate that. Juice is fine! But if I want juice, I’m just going to go buy juice. I’m not like, a juice scientist and connoisseur who needs to create her own by steeping the essence out of real fruit and sweetening it to my exact specifications.

If you do really like fruit infusions, this is a good choice. Probably my fave of the three from this summer (Tropicalia, Mango Fruit Punch & this one). Nice punchy taste but without the tartness that MFP has.

Know what I like better than juice? Tea. But for DIY juice, this works. I bet it would be good as a TeaPop (DIY soda).

There is a little something in this tea that bothers me. I can’t pinpoint what exactly, but I can smell it while it’s brewing. It disappears as soon as it hits ice cubes though. I only drink this one iced and it’s pretty good that way.

I received a couple of the sample packets from a recent Davidstea order. It has been hotter than normal in the DC area (well at least this summer – usually it’s much worse) so I hot-brewed 2 of the 5 gram sample packets and then stuck it all in the fridge to cold brew for about 24 hours. It’s tastes like watered down juice (which is how I prefer it – I’m a weirdo, I know). It doesn’t need sweetener which is awesome and it’s so refreshing!

I basically drank through 32oz of it in 20 minutes. I think I need more of this, stat!

So I’m new to the single-serving-iced-tea deal, so before I started my own system, I got a to-go cup of iced Pink Passionfruit. It reminds me a lot of the “red” tea at Starbucks (passion tea?) but I prefer this blend because the hibiscus gives it a nice, sharp note that isn’t present in the Starbucks blend. It’ll be my go-to iced tea for the summer.

Sweet Canadian

FYI in order to get a tea that tastes exactly like the passion iced tea, mix Kanpe and Pink Flamingo together. Pink Flamingo on its own is good too and close.

Ooooh. That is good to know! Many thanks.

I have no idea what actual Passionfruit tastes like, so my rating is not based on anything like that.

I can tell DAVID’S is being very careful with the hibiscus in this long as you only steep it for 4-5 min, it’s not overpowering. Over all this is a nice, summery and fruity tea with a little tart aftertaste to it. However, being the lover of sweet over tart iced teas, I prefer Mango fruit punch or tropicalia over this tea. It’s still good, though.

Iced 4 min, 30 sec

You should try an actual passionfruit sometime! They’re good, but quite ugly. They are dark purple little balls, sometimes shrivelled, and you scoop the yellow seeds outs from inside (they’re like slimier pomegranate seeds). They’re sweet and tart and taste similar to the flavor profile I’m sure you’re used to, but the texture is wild :)

Maybe some day I will try it! Sounds messy, so I’ll be sure to enjoy it not in public, haha.

HOLY GOOSE DARNIT! When I first smelled the dry tea, it smelled like I just pulled the chord and a bucket of passion fruit juice fell on me. It was so sweet, sexy, and smooth smelling that I just fell in love with it then and there. Moreover, when I steeped it, the tea turned a brilliant pink color reminiscent of a pink lemonade I might have had a few days ago. My first taste of this tea was just absolutely AMAZING!

I took my first sip and immediately I got a punch of hibiscus and apple which balance each other out (from my experience drinking most teas, hibiscus seems to be very hard to get right) so this tea is definitely a jewel. After the initial sour punch, the fruity passion fruit notes kicked in which elevated the sour flavor.

10/10! Perfect! Parfait! Perfekt! Perfetto! Perfectus! Perfecto!