Pink Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Sorry for the rant, but I'm 99% sure my prof wants me to have a stroke. Every paragraph of this final paper, it's why this and how so that, expecting me to elaborate on stuff that not a single...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes
  • “Sad, tragic sipdown (199/201)... Well, I guess I'm happy this is the tea that puts me under 200 again, but I'm heartbroken because my love affair with this blend has reached a horrible end for all...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1115 tasting notes
  • “I finished the Nana's Fruit Garden today, and decided to make this! So tasty. I hot brewed, then "flash" chilled with not enough ice cubes. It's cool instead of warm, at least. :) I actually...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1164 tasting notes
  • “My mouth hurts like a sonofabitch (for those who just started following, I had oral surgery yesterday) even with all the ibuprofen I'm taking. So I sent my partner and temporary nurse to the liquor...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 223 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Passion fruits are pretty aptly named: all it takes is one taste to fall completely head over heels. Take this juicy, fruit-packed tisane. From its seductively tropical aroma to its blushing pink colour,it’s guaranteed to get your heart racing right from the get go. And once you finish your first glass, you’ll know you’ve found The One. Sweet, tangy and addictively refreshing, it has all the makings of the perfect summer fling.

Ingredients: Apple, apple pomace, rosehip, sweet blackberry leaves, hibiscus, passionfruit, artificial passionfruit flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made myself a cup of this a few weeks ago. I had really high hopes for this tea, since it seemed to be one of the best from the summer collection. It was just okay though, perhaps passionfruit isn’t my thing after all.

My Takeya pitcher arrived in the mail and I decided to try it out on Lime Gelato. Result: I must not know how to make iced tea. It was bleh.

I tried again yesterday with Pink Passionfruit, hoping it would redeem itself when it was iced. I don’t think my iced tea skills have improved any. It seems awfully weak, very watered down.

Verdict: this would have been better in the summer.

Edit: I ordered Pink Passionfruit when it was a web special from DavidsTea’s website. It came in a cardboard-type canister and I think it’s seriously affecting the taste of the tea.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I saw this tea during the pre-launch preview but it was sold out before I could buy one of those fancy cardboard container-thingers. So I had to wait FOUR WHOLE DAYS to be able to buy as much as I wanted. So I bought some! And faaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Sour like a true passionfruit, but not so sour (i.e. hibiscus-y) that you want to cry and eat your own cheeks.

Not only is this tea good on its own, but it’s also wonderful with the DAVIDsTEA Organic Guayusa or a plain green tea (tried it with a gunpowder green and it wasn’t so good…too smoky from the green tea). Not only do I like this hot, I like it when I steep it then forget about it for an hour and realize it’s stone-cold. Yum. I’ve never tried cold-steeping with any tea since I’m an “instant gratification” type of gal.

SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE…. a little too much..but some is better then none!

Time to lay out on the patio…sip some cool sweet iced tea..and revel in the sun..then watch bad horror movies and endure the rolling sweat and take a long cool shower that will will cool off all the day’s dust and sun.

Because I love you guys this much..and I love myself more I’ve made this tea HOT and ICED!

This tea smells like those 25 cent gummies we used to get..covered in powdered sugar or sourness…we used to buy bags of these during our recess in almost all my school years and during our long blissful irresponsible summers…Ah nostalgia!

HOT:Smells like all the candies have melted together into a goopy hot mass…mmmmm. As for taste it’s okay. fruity a little tarty. pretty nice but there is way better DT HOT fruit teas but you know..I may keep drinking though so we will see . Let us try this sucker ICED.

ICE ICE BABY: MMMMmmm it is like all the gummy candies have melted and created this lovely tarty tea …IF Pink Flamingo was actually drinkable THIS is what it would have tasted like!(I am still mourning that tea being too much hibiscus-y)This is lovely lovely lovely. I’m enchanted it’s a PERFECT fruity summer Iced Tea.No sexiness like in Tropicalia or Coconut Grove but it is the taste of sheer child-like abandon..Also it is perfect for wayward kids.

smack smack delish. The summer Collection from DT is perfection this year.

Enjoy the summer

Last time I was in davids I got this iced with agave. It was pretty good cold, very refreshing! I also received a sample in my latest DT order so I will try it hot. Then I will see about purchasing a tin…

A nice, fruity tea, with nice, strong passionfruit-like flavour. Very good balance of flavours: fruity, sweet, the right bit of tartness. I bought this at the local David’s, in the mood for just this kind of thing — I don’t mind at all that it’s sort of like a hot fruit-juice blend.

Although I enjoyed the tea, it puts me off that David’s uses artificial flavours in some of their teas. So, I like passionfruit, and this is a pleasant-tasting tea — but I don’t know if what I’m tasting is real fruit or some kind of chemical crap. Maybe it’s the chemical crap that produces that really strong fruit flavour? Sorry, it just bugs me.

(By the time I read the ingredients in the package they made up for me, I’d already committed to buying it, and the dry tea did smell wonderful.) So, bah. Next time, I’ll ask them what’s in it first.

THIS tea!! THIS is what I have been waiting for since finding out Pom Power had been discontinued. THIS is the tea that has filled that big gaping hole in my heart. I will be drinking this iced ALL summer. Please oh please DAVIDsTEA consider making this a permanent tea!!! I’m pretty sure I have half my office hooked on this tea just by the smell alone. When I love something, I go out of my way to “promote” it. I already talk about your company and teas all the time, but if you keep this one around, I swear, you’ll only find me talk about it 24/7. This is how much I love this tea :)

Last time I went to DavidsTea, they were literally just unpacking the summer stuff, so we got to try iced samples of the Pink Passionfruit. I was a little skeptical at first – my exact words were ‘Um, I’m not too fond of passionfruit things.’

Yeah right. >_>

I’m uh, gonna let the rating speak for itself on this one. Perrrrrfect fruity iced tea. Gonna pick me up sone of this.

EDIT: picked up a 100g tin and am not disappointed. Have a little pitcher icing in the fridge right now. Tip; if like me, you fiond the hibiscus sometimes overpowering, mix it as a tea pop with 7Up instead of sparkling water. Or do what I did, and mix just about half a tsp of this into a big mug of Tropicalia.

I absolutely adored this tea. I’m so upset that it’s discontinued! I had a tin of it and I was trying to save it, but then my sister came by and decided she liked it and drank it all! :(
It was the perfect blend of fruit and tart. Such a lovely iced tea! Hoping that one day they’ll bring it back.

Pink Passionfruit was the second tea I tried in this collection. It reminds me of Pink Flamingo in more ways than one: the color, and the tangy-ness! So basically, they are both this crazy pink color and tangy! These are great things that give it a summer vibe!

It smelled so good at the store, I just had to get some . And it’s such a lovely color! Got some before it was gone, and I can attest to the statement that it tastes just as good as it smells!
Note; it is a very tart tea so if you don’t like that I’d recommend sweetening or whatnot.