Pink Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Honey, Nectar, Pineapple, Sweet, Fruity
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

Passion fruits are pretty aptly named: all it takes is one taste to fall completely head over heels. Take this juicy, fruit-packed tisane. From its seductively tropical aroma to its blushing pink colour,it’s guaranteed to get your heart racing right from the get go. And once you finish your first glass, you’ll know you’ve found The One. Sweet, tangy and addictively refreshing, it has all the makings of the perfect summer fling.

Ingredients: Apple, apple pomace, rosehip, sweet blackberry leaves, hibiscus, passionfruit, artificial passionfruit flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I made myself a cup of this a few weeks ago. I had really high hopes for this tea, since it seemed to be one of the best from the summer collection. It was just okay though, perhaps passionfruit isn’t my thing after all.

My Takeya pitcher arrived in the mail and I decided to try it out on Lime Gelato. Result: I must not know how to make iced tea. It was bleh.

I tried again yesterday with Pink Passionfruit, hoping it would redeem itself when it was iced. I don’t think my iced tea skills have improved any. It seems awfully weak, very watered down.

Verdict: this would have been better in the summer.

Edit: I ordered Pink Passionfruit when it was a web special from DavidsTea’s website. It came in a cardboard-type canister and I think it’s seriously affecting the taste of the tea.

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more

I saw this tea during the pre-launch preview but it was sold out before I could buy one of those fancy cardboard container-thingers. So I had to wait FOUR WHOLE DAYS to be able to buy as much as I wanted. So I bought some! And faaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Sour like a true passionfruit, but not so sour (i.e. hibiscus-y) that you want to cry and eat your own cheeks.

Not only is this tea good on its own, but it’s also wonderful with the DAVIDsTEA Organic Guayusa or a plain green tea (tried it with a gunpowder green and it wasn’t so good…too smoky from the green tea). Not only do I like this hot, I like it when I steep it then forget about it for an hour and realize it’s stone-cold. Yum. I’ve never tried cold-steeping with any tea since I’m an “instant gratification” type of gal.

SUMMER IS FINALLY HERE…. a little too much..but some is better then none!

Time to lay out on the patio…sip some cool sweet iced tea..and revel in the sun..then watch bad horror movies and endure the rolling sweat and take a long cool shower that will will cool off all the day’s dust and sun.

Because I love you guys this much..and I love myself more I’ve made this tea HOT and ICED!

This tea smells like those 25 cent gummies we used to get..covered in powdered sugar or sourness…we used to buy bags of these during our recess in almost all my school years and during our long blissful irresponsible summers…Ah nostalgia!

HOT:Smells like all the candies have melted together into a goopy hot mass…mmmmm. As for taste it’s okay. fruity a little tarty. pretty nice but there is way better DT HOT fruit teas but you know..I may keep drinking though so we will see . Let us try this sucker ICED.

ICE ICE BABY: MMMMmmm it is like all the gummy candies have melted and created this lovely tarty tea …IF Pink Flamingo was actually drinkable THIS is what it would have tasted like!(I am still mourning that tea being too much hibiscus-y)This is lovely lovely lovely. I’m enchanted it’s a PERFECT fruity summer Iced Tea.No sexiness like in Tropicalia or Coconut Grove but it is the taste of sheer child-like abandon..Also it is perfect for wayward kids.

smack smack delish. The summer Collection from DT is perfection this year.

Enjoy the summer

Last time I was in davids I got this iced with agave. It was pretty good cold, very refreshing! I also received a sample in my latest DT order so I will try it hot. Then I will see about purchasing a tin…

A nice, fruity tea, with nice, strong passionfruit-like flavour. Very good balance of flavours: fruity, sweet, the right bit of tartness. I bought this at the local David’s, in the mood for just this kind of thing — I don’t mind at all that it’s sort of like a hot fruit-juice blend.

Although I enjoyed the tea, it puts me off that David’s uses artificial flavours in some of their teas. So, I like passionfruit, and this is a pleasant-tasting tea — but I don’t know if what I’m tasting is real fruit or some kind of chemical crap. Maybe it’s the chemical crap that produces that really strong fruit flavour? Sorry, it just bugs me.

(By the time I read the ingredients in the package they made up for me, I’d already committed to buying it, and the dry tea did smell wonderful.) So, bah. Next time, I’ll ask them what’s in it first.

THIS tea!! THIS is what I have been waiting for since finding out Pom Power had been discontinued. THIS is the tea that has filled that big gaping hole in my heart. I will be drinking this iced ALL summer. Please oh please DAVIDsTEA consider making this a permanent tea!!! I’m pretty sure I have half my office hooked on this tea just by the smell alone. When I love something, I go out of my way to “promote” it. I already talk about your company and teas all the time, but if you keep this one around, I swear, you’ll only find me talk about it 24/7. This is how much I love this tea :)

Last time I went to DavidsTea, they were literally just unpacking the summer stuff, so we got to try iced samples of the Pink Passionfruit. I was a little skeptical at first – my exact words were ‘Um, I’m not too fond of passionfruit things.’

Yeah right. >_>

I’m uh, gonna let the rating speak for itself on this one. Perrrrrfect fruity iced tea. Gonna pick me up sone of this.

EDIT: picked up a 100g tin and am not disappointed. Have a little pitcher icing in the fridge right now. Tip; if like me, you fiond the hibiscus sometimes overpowering, mix it as a tea pop with 7Up instead of sparkling water. Or do what I did, and mix just about half a tsp of this into a big mug of Tropicalia.

This is a pretty nice fruity mix. A little tart, but not overpowering with a bit of an artificial, bubblegum vibe. Not my favourite, but refreshing.

Is it better iced?

I do enjoy it iced. I haven’t tried it hot though.

Ah! Is this an old sample or did you get it recently? The cup I had was at least two years old, haha.

I ended up picking up 100g of it cause it was on sale online (they brought it back briefly this summer) and I needed to boost my order to $50 for free shipping when I ordered the advent calendar. I do enjoy to opportunity to try some of the older blends sometimes as I only got into tea about a year ago.

Was lurking in the cupboard at my temporary residence when I found this tea. I asked permission to try some and immediately steeped a pot.

The people I’m staying with have a regular kettle, which is perfectly okay for an herbal such as this one. I brewed it according to the bag directions— sorta. There were around two teaspoons in the bottom of the bag, so I poured it all into the DAVIDsTEA steepster. I topped the tea with 325 ish ml of boiling water and timed it for five minutes.

As I’m waiting for the tea to steep, I google the name. It turns out that this tea was a special from the summer of 2013. Oh dear. Here goes, drinking two year old tea.

I must say, it might have been better a little fresher, but it is edible. I’d get this again if it was to come back on the shelves.

Flavors: Apple, Blackberry, Citrus, Floral, Grapefruit, Green Apple, Hibiscus, Honey, Nectar, Pineapple, Sweet

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 11 OZ / 325 ML

I’m not really a fan of this one, although I’m biaised as I don’t really like things that have passionfruit in it. I don’t know why but to me it smells and taste like sweat.. Yeah, weird I know. This one might be better chilled, so If you are a cold tea kind of person, give it a try!