Pink Passionfruit

Fruit Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Sorry for the rant, but I'm 99% sure my prof wants me to have a stroke. Every paragraph of this final paper, it's why this and how so that, expecting me to elaborate on stuff that not a single...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 848 tasting notes
  • “Sad, tragic sipdown (199/201)... Well, I guess I'm happy this is the tea that puts me under 200 again, but I'm heartbroken because my love affair with this blend has reached a horrible end for all...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 2168 tasting notes
  • “I finished the Nana's Fruit Garden today, and decided to make this! So tasty. I hot brewed, then "flash" chilled with not enough ice cubes. It's cool instead of warm, at least. :) I actually...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1569 tasting notes
  • “My mouth hurts like a sonofabitch (for those who just started following, I had oral surgery yesterday) even with all the ibuprofen I'm taking. So I sent my partner and temporary nurse to the liquor...” Read full tasting note
    Littleelle 275 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Passion fruits are pretty aptly named: all it takes is one taste to fall completely head over heels. Take this juicy, fruit-packed tisane. From its seductively tropical aroma to its blushing pink colour,it’s guaranteed to get your heart racing right from the get go. And once you finish your first glass, you’ll know you’ve found The One. Sweet, tangy and addictively refreshing, it has all the makings of the perfect summer fling.

Ingredients: Apple, apple pomace, rosehip, sweet blackberry leaves, hibiscus, passionfruit, artificial passionfruit flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I absolutely adored this tea. I’m so upset that it’s discontinued! I had a tin of it and I was trying to save it, but then my sister came by and decided she liked it and drank it all! :(
It was the perfect blend of fruit and tart. Such a lovely iced tea! Hoping that one day they’ll bring it back.

Pink Passionfruit was the second tea I tried in this collection. It reminds me of Pink Flamingo in more ways than one: the color, and the tangy-ness! So basically, they are both this crazy pink color and tangy! These are great things that give it a summer vibe!

It smelled so good at the store, I just had to get some . And it’s such a lovely color! Got some before it was gone, and I can attest to the statement that it tastes just as good as it smells!
Note; it is a very tart tea so if you don’t like that I’d recommend sweetening or whatnot.

I have this when it’s one of the dollar iced teas at David’s. A lot of hibiscus, just like with most of their summer teas so far, but it’s a bit less shockingly sweet than, say, their Pink Lemonade. If I wasn’t suffering from hibiscus fatigue I’m sure I’d love it more.

Sunday afternoon backlog.

Hello, my favorite fruit and favorite flower. I’ve been looking for a caffeine-free, loose leaf sub for a passionfruit-black tea in sachets from the Portuguese market, so I jumped on this tea when it came out in the summer collection.

Aaaaand I have to come back to this one, I drank it, iced, over a distraction. The passionfruit flavor is dead on, which is a plus, and the pieces weren’t so big I felt I needed to take a rolling pin to the sachet, another plus. However, I remember thinking that it tastes a little lackluster and needs a bit of hibiscus of something to give it a backbone. I used 1 heaping tbsp + lucky bit in my 14 oz steeper then let it cool so I could ice it undiluted. I’ll rate it when I’ve tried it again.

Stupid steepster making me write this tasting note again ahhhhh, oh well.
My boyfriend has this addiction to Starbucks’ passion tea lemonade which I like, not love due to it’s tartness. I know Starbucks has the plain passion fruit tea but it tastes too artificial compared to this. It cost me about 3.50 or 4 dollars for about 3-4 cups worth of this tea which in comparison to Starbucks is a steal, but it is pretty damn pricey for a loose leaf DavidsTea especially since this is just dried fruit. For example, I had a 50g tin of my dragonwell green tea which costs 10 dollars for 50 grams and I believe I’ve taken about 15 generous cups of it and I still have enough for maybe about 3 to 4 more, let’s round to say 20 cups all in all. So this is about double the cost. Wahhh. Just realizing why getting all these herbals are getting me broke haha. Still a great alternative to the Starbucks and will repurchase :)

this one scares me as a hot tea – it’s sooo dark pink. i’m afraid the hibiscus might kill it, but let’s dive in!

the smell is sweet, but a touch artificial. definitely tart, but not that sickening lingering kind that sticks on your tongue and won’t let go. interesting!
i don’t know though, up front it’s just all a bit too much. this will probably be killer on ice with some sweetener, but it’s not going to double up as a hot tea for me, unfortunately.

Another great tea by David’s Tea… I tried this one in both hot and cold. I don’t know which one I like better. I think maybe the cold one, but it is still delicious hot. It is very tart. Too tart for my kids when they tried it, but perfect for me. I have visions of making pitchers of this tea in the summer. A must have.